• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary trio discussion

drone_8@hotmail.com

Universal Champion
bug type pokemon are long over due to be legendarys. there hasnt been a single bug legendary. /articuno, ice flying/ moltres,fire flying/ zapdos, electric flying/ mewtwo, psychic/ mew, psychic/ entei, fire/ siucune,water/ lugia, psychic flying/ ho-oh, fire flying/ celebi, psychic grass/ latias, dragon psychic/
latios, dragon psychic/ regirock, rock/ regice, ice/ registeel, steel/ rayquaza, dragon flying/ groudon, ground/ kyogre, water/ jirachi, steel psychic/ deoxys, psychic.
bug no legendary
dark no legendary
pioson no legendary
fight no legendary
ghost no legendary
normal no legendary
my guess is that the pokemon picked will make a rock, paper, scizors effect just like the starter pokemon do. example grass beats water, water beats fire and fire beats grass.

berty106

lucario is part fighting.
as you can see most legendarys have a special typing [fire/water/electric. . .]
so there are less with a physical typing.
and you can't really say what typing a legendary should have, untill you know what it is.
you wouldn't say take a fire dragon legend and make it part bug now [an exagerated example but still.]

same with were your going to find them,
i mean the dogs were free, so having them cooped up in caves wouldn't have suited them.
the birds in caves [a bit odd having a bird in a cave] well i think in the begining the wern't thinking how they do now with legendarys wich maby is why in FR/LG you find moltres outside, zapdos ina building[could easily access outside] articuno is still in a cave but meh. and you couldn't really encounter them running in the wild as they would be flying in the sky were you can't get to [yet you still find flying pokemon in the grass xD]
and could you imagine the regi's running around in the wild? i didn't think so =p
and its part of there legend that they are in caves!

so from my longwinded jibberish, what i'm trying to say is, we will have to wait to see what they are based on, before you know were they will be situated, and wether they are runners or not!

the idea about having them around the three lakes is a good idea, and would seem logical. if not maby the mountain range would be split in to three segments one for each, thats presuming they're not goint to be runners!

well thats it from me ^_^"

vibe9222

King of the SandBox
alng as theres no bugs bugs are toeasy to beat even if ur nt using a fire or ice attack

summnor1201 said:
The 3 lakes is your best bet considering they might be dragons of some sort

maplakes.png
i think its on that island on top left cornner

berty106

vibe9222 said:
alng as theres no bugs bugs are toeasy to beat even if ur nt using a fire or ice attack

grammar is your friend! ! !
bugs can be cool, look at heracross! or even scyther!
they are used frequently!

and un elemental trio would be nice again! like the regis [bar regice or whatevaaaar xD] found roaming, but easier to encounter!

Lickitung

Banned
vibe9222 said:
That's why we're suggesting bugs. Pokemon is supposed to be a game where everything is balanced and anything can beat anything. This is not true for bugs, except fot the two half-steels and Heracross. You'd be hard pressed to win a lot of battle with a Ledian. A legendary bug would even things out again and make people respect the power of bugs.

I know from experience bugs are too weak, look at my sig. I went to the BF with that team and got DESTROYED. Because of that, I've started raising dragons. Not because I like them, but out of necessity.

Serpent

Cascade Trainer
3 legendary trio to be Dragons..??

In Japan or China (1 or the other) it's a myth about the 4 guardians of the North, West, East, South. They used it in Digimon (The 4 Salavriegns were a dragon, Golem, beast, phoenix) and in Pokemon (Birds=Phoenix, Dogs=Beast, Golems=Regi's, Dragons=Dragons).

First the birds of the south - Moltres,zapdos,articuno
Second the beasts of the east - Raickou,entai,suicune
Third the golems of the west - regirock,registeel,regice
fourth the dragons of the north...???

so they'll probably be dragons in this new gen..

Johto is west of Kanto, so Kanto would probably be east, while Hoenn is south. It's a nice theory, but it's probably just a cooincidence. I guess we'll have to wait and see, though. Hoenn is west as well, so it could be possible, but it's still debatable.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Iirc, the four Sovereigns are a Dragon, A Bird, A Turtle, and a Beast.

Atleast they were in Digimon, but they mentioned that in real ledgend they are those types of animals.

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
well. acording to japanese legends. each point of the compass (North South East and West) has been given an animal. namely phenix tiger, tortoise (not turtle don't mix those 2 up) and dragon.

the birds are the phenices (yes that's the right spelling and i know that a phenix is a fire bird, but in this case it is giant and powerful element controlling birds)
Entei, raikou and suicune are the tigers (no they're not dogs but they just look like them)
the regi-trio are the tortoises (i said no turtle, a tortoise is a slow armored creature wich is what the regis are. the reason why so many say they're turtles cause that is a well known example of a tortoise. in fact shuckle is also one)

so a very logical step would be chinese style dragons.

Black/Light

Thats a good thought! I don't think it's cooincidence at all seeing as they have based lots of other pokemon off of legendary animals, sprites and so on. I think they will be dragons.(^_^)

Riversong

Buggy down.
Sounds pretty cool, I hope it's true ^^ Even if it's not I hope the game will have something like that..well anyways, nice observation!

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I think we could have a trio of Dragons in some gen (alhtouhg I am sick of Dragon Pokemon being obscenely powerful. And Diaruga and Parukia seem to be dragons, and I don't think we need more Ledgendary Dragons).

Kaid

Rainbow Trainer
So if the Birds and Tigers were Ice/Fire/Lighning, and the "Tortuses" were Rock, Ice, and Steel, does that mean we can expect Rock, Ice and Steel Dragon Legendarys?

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
So if the Birds and Tigers were Ice/Fire/Lighning, and the "Tortuses" were Rock, Ice, and Steel, does that mean we can expect Rock, Ice and Steel Dragon Legendarys?

that is were the logic fails. but it is a good posebility.

Cain

RAWR
I remember hearing about this theory before R/S/E, so when the Regis came out, I took it as true. I'm guessing that yeah, this trio will be Dragons. Unless GameFreak considered Lati@s as the Dragons...

Shinin

Minimalist
I'd rather there be three legendary Snakes. We've had too many dragon legendaries.

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
I remember hearing about this theory before R/S/E, so when the Regis came out, I took it as true. I'm guessing that yeah, this trio will be Dragons. Unless GameFreak considered Lati@s as the Dragons...

no they won't consider the lati's as the dragons, cause were talking about the trio's.