• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary trio discussion

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
I'm sorta suprised I'm saying this, but I hope they don't follow the old myths. This coming from someone who loves seeing relations from myth to game. I think a much more realistic trio would be Sasquatch/Yeti/Yowie all fighting type with a dual of Ground/Ice/Fire in that order. They will most likely go with dragons, that seems like it would be much too powerful to me though.

Sonic

Elite 4 Champion
PPL, listen to yourselves you are calling the regis a tortoise. C' mon do better than that don't you know the regis are Golems

Last edited:

Seth_X_of_Fortree

Torterra Firma
Dragons... Cool... The "Optional, included in both versions" trio, right?

summnor1201

I Crave Blood
Best guess is Dragons being Shinou has three lakes it is most likly gona be a set of 3 sea serpants

maplakes.png

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
Best guess is Dragons being Shinou has three lakes it is most likly gona be a set of 3 sea serpants

maplakes.png

sea serpents are also a kind of dragon if you think about it. and it would be chinese dragon style. there are chinese water dragons.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Yes, if they were a Dragon Trio, I imagine they would be Asian style...

Although a trio with a European Dragon, An Asian Dragon, and a Native American Dragon would rock.

summnor1201

I Crave Blood
From http://www.crystalinks.com/chinadragons.html

Unlike the negative energies associated with Western Dragons, most Eastern Dragons are beautiful, friendly, and wise. They are the angels of the Orient. Instead of being hated, they are loved and worshipped. Temples and shrines have been built to honor them, for they control the rain, rivers, lakes, and seas. Many Chinese cities have pagodas where people used to burn incense and pray to dragons.

Definatly interesting

berty106

it would then fit the creation story, god made the birds [legendary birds] the fish [sea searpents] the beasts [legendary dogs] and human kind [regis, if you see them as golems] someone mentioned that in another thread. i thought it was quite a good thearoy, even if not the main story behind the legneds.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
I hope that there are legendary dragons, as it makes sense. For those of you who say the regis don't relate to the tortoises, they are all highly armored(defensive), and yet they are slow. Regice and regirock excel in each defence, and registeel is good in both.

WhiteKyziken

Breathing
I've heard something about this somewhere, and I think this will definitely help change people's minda about Diamond and Pearl (well, the people who think negatively about it). I think this trio is gonna be hot. Oh and VideoGamer713, isn't Suicune a Water type?

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Could it be possible that people mistranslated the original type chart of the starters (Fighting,Dark,Psychic)to actually be the legendary trio's types? It would be nice to see those types on Dragons;330;

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
No, the official site said "We're considering making the Starters Fighting/Dark/Psychic".

They either did that to trick us, or they dropped the idea.

VideoGamer713

THE BESTEST EVER!!!
Yes, if they were a Dragon Trio, I imagine they would be Asian style...

Although a trio with a European Dragon, An Asian Dragon, and a Native American Dragon would rock.

Charizard, Rayquaza, and Native American Dragon? Wikipedia also says they were not legendary, birds/dogs/rocks, they are legendary birds/beasts/golems.

Last edited:

adnan

my ultimate espeon!
wo wo wo this is all weird but i gotta say the trio looks really good but the truf is they look bre like bug pokemon and the one in th emiddle looks like an upgraded heracross seriousis ther a link telin me tht these will be legendaries? look awesome thou hope not searpents hate snakes scary lol

adnan

my ultimate espeon!
wo wo wo this is all weird but i gotta say the trio looks really good but the truf is they look bre like bug pokemon and the one in th emiddle looks like an upgraded heracross seriousis ther a link telin me tht these will be legendaries? look awesome thou hope not searpents hate snakes scary lol

aa_623

The legend is that the 4 guardians guard the city of Kyoto, the Dragon guards the river to the east, the phoenix guards the lake to the south, the tiger guards the road to the west, and the turtle (with a snake wraped around it) guards the mountains to the north... I don't see how the regis are turtles...