• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legendary trio discussion

Gradius

rocky505 said:
their going to be dragons like said earlier in this thread.here are the trios 1.birds 2.felines 3.tortoises 4.DRAGONS.

Suicune is a wolve like pokemon, that is a canine not a feline. And how are the Regis tortoises

Gradius

Punisher said:
No more ultra powerful dragons please. Let's see, Latios, Latias, Rayquaza, Dragonite, and Salamence are incredibly powerful, with Flygon being debatable. I see only one weak dragon in Altaria, but otherwise, they are usually strong.

Do something new and unique, I want a legendary bug. They're always made fun of, always weak with bad stats, and always easy to catch. Something like the Stickbug, Army Any or even better, a Goliath Beetle. Bugs would get respect finally. Psychics and dragons have had too much time in the limelight, IMO.

Flygon is not debatable. It happens to be one of the most helpful pokemon I've ever known. If it is debatable, why would Drake the dragonmaster have 2 in R/S

Kingiej

Cascade Trainer
Gradius said:
Flygon is not debatable. It happens to be one of the most helpful pokemon I've ever known. If it is debatable, why would Drake the dragonmaster have 2 in R/S

You can edit your first post,so you don't have to post 2 times.

Maybe legendary Steel Pokemons?I would not know.

Waterup

Sign the DM Petition
Under count Pokemon like Ghost, Dragon, Steel, Ice, Bug, Dark.
The trio in my head
Dark/Dragon
Bug/Dragon
Ice/Dragon

Lickitung

Banned
Gradius said:
I meant Flygon was debatable in the sense that he isn't ULTRA powerful but still VERY powerful. But you seem to have missed the entire point of my post, so I'll say it again:

Dragons have been done to death. I used to like them when there were a few; Dragonite was my favorite and most used pokemon in Red and Blue. But they keep adding more and more powerful dragons, and everyone keeps eating them up. Do something different, there are other types that have been neglected and could use a legendary to even things out, namely bugs, darks, and ghosts.

bigguy1020

<---Meet my Parukia.
theres gotta be something in those caves

vibe9222

King of the SandBox
i dont think a bug/Dragon would be good
itwuldnt be very cool

vibe9222

King of the SandBox
i dont think tey would look likeanother pkmn
they will be unique

OtOvO

What if?
rocky505 said:
their going to be dragons like said earlier in this thread.here are the trios 1.birds 2.felines 3.tortoises 4.DRAGONS.

i really dont see how this is evidence for anything.
birds then felines no connection wat so ever other than felines eats birds
tortoise? wat r u talking about?

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
Gradius said:
Suicune is a wolve like pokemon, that is a canine not a feline. And how are the Regis tortoises
Suicune resembles a blue leopard with white spots
parukia and diaruga are not part of the legendary trio
1.zapdos,moltres,articuno
2.raikou,entei,suicune
3.registeel,regice,regirock
these are the legendary trios of the other gen.

vibe9222

King of the SandBox
parukia and diaruga might be the ho-oh and lugia ofthe story

vibe9222

King of the SandBox
horns woul be somthing new

Ryo

o rly?
The Dragon theory seems pretty cool.

Though if they are all in the lakes, I think that would kill the Fire/Water/Electric thing.

Why would a Fire Dragon live in a lake?

Meh.

I still LOVE the idea that they'd be placed in the regions due to their element. (Ice in snow, Grass in foresty area, etc.)

Maybe they'll be located in the Underground Shinou, beneath the three lakes; In a type of underground paradise themed place. (Like in the Mewtwo strikes back Special)

rocky505 said:

Arrrg, let's get this straight.

It's like this-

1. Birds
2. Beasts
3. Titans (Hell, statues will even work.)

i really dont see how this is evidence for anything.
birds then felines no connection wat so ever other than felines eats birds
tortoise? wat r u talking about?

He/she's talking about how each of the past trios were based off Asian culture, and myths and such.
In those myths, theres birds, beasts, titans, and most importantly, Dragons.

I'd like to see a different variety of Dragons however. Think Mushu, only bigger and more badass looking, IE, the traditional dragon. As opposed to the Dragonite/Salamance style dragon.

Mio

Belief
Ryo said:
Why would a Fire Dragon live in a lake?

Who said it had to be a lake of water :p

Well I think the whole dragon theory seems to be the most true. Two things though, one we do not need more dragons that are compund weak to ice ,two an ice/water dragon will probably be way to uber.

Ryo

o rly?
Who said it had to be a lake of water :p

Hmmm, didn't consider that. Nice point, ftw.

Isn't the whole type vs. type thing being redesigned though?

That way an Ice dragon wouldn't be that bad, and a Dragon won't be that messed up by ice.

In all honesty, due to it being 12 AM, I have no clue what's spilling out of my mouth and onto the key board.

OtOvO

What if?
Ryo said:
He/she's talking about how each of the past trios were based off Asian culture, and myths and such.
In those myths, theres birds, beasts, titans, and most importantly, Dragons.

I'd like to see a different variety of Dragons however. Think Mushu, only bigger and more badass looking, IE, the traditional dragon. As opposed to the Dragonite/Salamance style dragon.

hmm i kinda understand wat u mean by asian culture....but i am asian there r much more mystical creatures out there in asia than dragons. snakes for example umm lets see cats all im saying is that dragons have been done many times and that the next trio should be just a little more orginal ie. ghosts, dark, hell monkeys would be cool too or some useful bugs for instance.