• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

legendary's

I have a interesting question:
Would you use legendaries in Ubers?:
I mean I've seen teams carrying maybe just one legendary like ferrothorn, mamoswine, kyogre, staraptor, jolteon(lol) and lucario,didnt do much but enough.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I have a interesting question:
Would you use legendaries in Ubers?:
I mean I've seen teams carrying maybe just one legendary like ferrothorn, mamoswine, kyogre, staraptor, jolteon(lol) and lucario,didnt do much but enough.
OK, first of all, it's clear you don't know what a legendary pokemon is. This is the list of legendary pokemon.

Hopefully someone else can ninja me for the rest.

Phoopes

There it is.
OK, first of all, it's clear you don't know what a legendary pokemon is. This is the list of legendary pokemon.

Hopefully someone else can ninja me for the rest.

He was listing the whole team, with Kyogre being the only legendary on the team. Though that post confused me at first, too.

Anyway... @TheMaster: Yes, every successful team in Ubers has multiple legendaries on it. There's pretty much no chance of success if you don't have a few legendaries on your team, because of all the extremely powerful Pokemon in Ubers.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Ah, my bad. Forgive me TheMaster. Most likely a lot of those teams are made by people with little understanding of tiers. They want to use Kyogre but are not aware that now they have to fight ubers. In Ubers, you pretty much have to fight fire with fire, since by definition it's home to the overpowered. I'm not saying that you can't win in Ubers without using ubers/legendaries, but it does put the odds in your favor.

Zachmac

Ah, my bad. Forgive me TheMaster.
Aren't I funny?
Most likely a lot of those teams are made by people with little understanding of tiers. They want to use Kyogre but are not aware that now they have to fight ubers.
Yeah, I've fought lots of those teams, but the Uber tends to be a pokemon like Garchomp, Excadrill, or Blaziken(I fight on smogon).

Ilan

If you don't use legendaries because they are legendaries but they still fit the tier then you are losing lot's of power

for example latios vs alakazam... alakazam is useless just like that useless dies of everything latios is so much better...

Yeah my ubers team has only 1 non-uber but I mean I;ve seen succesful teams like that :3.
The best ubers are Kyogre and mewtwo!!! <33

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Yeah my ubers team has only 1 non-uber but I mean I;ve seen succesful teams like that :3.
The best ubers are Kyogre and mewtwo!!! <33
On the contrary, if someone allowed me to use one uber I'd pick Giratina-A :p

Giratina is my favorite Uber. Kyogre seems to be very popular, tough. And mons like Blissey and Ferro are good in Ubers

Vandslaux

You're right, but I ignored DW abilities while making that since they don't exist yet and I don't want to judge something that fast (not to mention half of them either don't get something new or get something silly like Unnerve or Telepathy).

Sturdy's kinda cool on Regirock, though. Though yeah, most of the made to look scary legends get Unnerve or something, and most of the godlike legendaries like the creation trio get Telepathy.

girazard

IT'S A TRAP!!!
Originally Posted by Nixhex from Smogon
Instead of being biased against legendaries, you should realize that Nintendo's (or really, whatever strategy guide you're reading) arbitrary definition of legendary has little to do with competitive Pokemon. Nobody cares if you can make a team that survives without "legendaries" because many non-"legendaries" are just as viable. Would you not use Scizor or Gyarados if for whatever the reason, suddenly became legendaries? Instead, try getting over your bias and try your hand at Jirachi, Celebi, Landorus, Heatran etc. and who knows, maybe they'll work for you!

Basically sums up my attitude toward legendary Pokemon in competitive.

Zachmac

Legendary doesn't mean stronger, it means that Nintendo attempted to make them stronger. Since they don't keep up with the competitive metagame, it often doesn't work. Azelf was supposed to be a deadly offensive threat, 125 base attack/special attack, and 115 speed. People ended up using Starmie instead though, for it had the "boltbeam" coverage, and water typing, which was better both defensively and offensively. It had a powerful STAB move in hydro pump as well.

Even though Azelf is a legendary with higher stats, it's actually outclasses as what it was meant for.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
I'm not sure if you guys realize this, but you have to realize Game Freak does not give half a sh!t about the competitive ability of the pokemon they make. That's why Garchomp exists.

Zachmac

I'm not sure if you guys realize this, but you have to realize Game Freak does not give half a sh!t about the competitive ability of the pokemon they make. That's why Garchomp exists.
I realize it. As I said before, they don't keep up with the competitive metagame. They just give legendaries higher BSTs, and assume that'll make them stronger.

They try not to make pokemon overpowered, unless it's a major legendary like Mewtwo, but they even failed at that with Kyurem.

I bet they intentionally made Kyurem like it is to mess with Smogon. They made this 660 BST Pokemon with good bulk and great offenses, as well as one of the best STABs in the game, and then threw Ice typing onto it. I bet they did that and said, "Let's see how Smogon deals with that one."

Just a theory.

Disclaimer: I know Game Freak probably has little to no knowledge of Smogon at all. It's a joke

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
I think next generation, there's going to be a pokemon called Arceoptis. It's going to have 140 in each stat and will be like a SUPER ARCEUS. Then, smogon will have to make a tier called MEGA UBERS, which has Arceoptis in it. EDIT: YES! I made it to the hoenn userbars!

Kalslaffin

Herping the Durp
I think next generation, there's going to be a pokemon called Arceoptis. It's going to have 140 in each stat and will be like a SUPER ARCEUS. Then, smogon will have to make a tier called MEGA UBERS, which has Arceoptis in it. EDIT: YES! I made it to the hoenn userbars!

It'll be Arceus2, and Arceus gave birth to him in the Pokemansion 2.0, but Arceus2 was too powerful and now lurks in Celdurean Cave 2.0. Or... They should make Dark Arceus! Who created the dream world, or something like that

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Disclaimer: I know Game Freak probably has little to no knowledge of Smogon at all. It's a joke

I dunno, I'm always paranoid that they know everything about what the fans do. Remember back during the HGSS release, when they cracked down on fansites posting images? They certainly seemed to know where they were, and what they were doing.

Then, smogon will have to make a tier called MEGA UBERS, which has Arceoptis in it.

Ubers is more of a banlist than a tier. It won't be banned from Ubers.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
It was a joke.

I bet they intentionally made Kyurem like it is to mess with Smogon. They made this 660 BST Pokemon with good bulk and great offenses, as well as one of the best STABs in the game, and then threw Ice typing onto it. I bet they did that and said, "Let's see how Smogon deals with that one."

Just a theory.

Actually Game Freak probably knows all about Smogon. Its hard to imagine them not being aware of the largest competitive community in the world focused on their game.

I doubt Gamefreak cares about Smogon, but I'm sure they know all about it.