• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
More of my point was that I believe there is a mulplicative effect when these titles come in pairs. Somewhere between selling 1x to 2x as many copies compared to a standalone. Of course, there are other factors, but that is a contributor.

What I'm saying is there is no multiplicative effect.

The games aren't selling twice as much; it just appears like it because there are two versions. Maybe close to 1.5x because of some fans buying both versions, but it isn't a significant increase. They are ultimately selling as much as they would if there was one version.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
What I'm saying is there is no multiplicative effect.

The games aren't selling twice as much; it just appears like it because there are two versions. Maybe close to 1.5x because of some fans buying both versions, but it isn't a significant increase. They are ultimately selling as much as they would if there was one version.

x1.5 is still a multiplicative effect, you're literally using a multiplication symbol to describe it. Mathematically any kind of proportion, even if it's as subtle as x1.00001 is still a multiplicative effect. I know what you're trying to say, that you don't think that the multiplier is large enough to say that having dual versions affect the sales that much, but saying there's no multiplicative effect isn't the right way to describe that. What you're trying to describe is called statistical significance.

Looking again at the sales, I'm not even sure x1.5 is even accurate though. The dual release third versions only seem to have sold 1-2 million more than the single release ones. x1.2 might be closer to accurate.

Last edited:

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
From my perspective, it is abundantly clear that Legends sold less than paired titles like LGPE and BDSP because of people who buy both versions of paired releases - I mean, dual packs are literally a marketed feature of the franchise at this point and you get special bonuses for preordering them. Legends should be evaluated on its performance as an individual title, which has been nothing short of remarkable for the standards of this franchise. Perhaps not the best possible, owning to factors like mixed reception for the graphics and unusual proximity to other titles in terms of release timing, but very good nonetheless.

ShinyNoob

From my perspective, it is abundantly clear that Legends sold less than paired titles like LGPE and BDSP because of people who buy both versions of paired releases - I mean, dual packs are literally a marketed feature of the franchise at this point and you get special bonuses for preordering them. Legends should be evaluated on its performance as an individual title, which has been nothing short of remarkable for the standards of this franchise. Perhaps not the best possible, owning to factors like mixed reception for the graphics and unusual proximity to other titles in terms of release timing, but very good nonetheless.
It is a shame if they mark it down for its performance based on previous solo / 3rd titles as for me, its up there as one of the best games. That style of play would be amazing if they did that for Gen 5, 6, heck all the Gens. Much better than the ridiculous train-wreck of a game SV are.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Just dropping this video here since it has IMO the BEST analysis on the lore of Legends Arceus. Part of it even explains why we got this & BDSP rather than something like ORAS

Baggie_Saiyan

I opened PLA for the first time in a while the other day and already feeling nostalgic haha it felt like it came out years ago!

Easily best final boss battle (Volo), I will never forget that experience. Arceus battle itself was also really cool.

Shame that they never brought the catching and food/smoke bomb etc mechanics over to SV

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I opened PLA for the first time in a while the other day and already feeling nostalgic haha it felt like it came out years ago!

Easily best final boss battle (Volo), I will never forget that experience. Arceus battle itself was also really cool.

Shame that they never brought the catching and food/smoke bomb etc mechanics over to SV
I started the game up because I transferred an Ursaring into the game to evolve it into Ursaluna. The Ursaring is at level 57 so it shouldn’t be too hard to incorporate it in Tera Raids that are three or four stars. Haven’t found a Peat Block yet but I did find a Black Augite so I might evolve a low level Scyther soon.

Last edited:

KantoReturner25

Does anyone think the game reminds them of the Ghibli film, Princess Mononoke? Riding Wyrdeer, the appearance of the Alpha Pokemon-- to name a few.