• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

PCN24454

I think it would be great if Pokémon like Electrivire and Magmortar were unavailable in the game since they only evolve through manmade items that might not have been invented yet.

Ultra Beast Lover

I wonder if that ball of sticky, web stuff is meant to act as a snare for the more skittish Pokemon... you know, it's a little awkward, like funny awkward, to think about doing stuff like sneaking up on Pokemon, bating them with food, snaring them, and getting paid for their captures. I know this is literally how it's done in real life with actual zoology, people go out into the wild and use harmless traps so they can study animals, but it just feels funny to do this after years of being told that battles were the only way with the implication being that this is seen as respectful to the Pokemon because I guess they live by an honor system.

I think it would be great if Pokémon like Electrivire and Magmortar were unavailable in the game since they only evolve through manmade items that might not have been invented yet.
We see them both in trailers, though it would've been nice if they didn't exist.

Luthor

My guess is that the items used are technically just one way of evolving into Magmortar/Electivire and just that that method of evolving has been lost or isn't used and that these games will have a new evolution method. Multiple Pokemon have more than one way to evolve to the same form. Look at Milotic or Magnezone. I could see it being location based because if you look at the description of the Magmarizer it says "A box packed with a tremendous amount of magma energy" and to me it makes sense that if you take a Magmar to a place with a tremendous amount of magma energy (such as inside a volcano) it would have the same effect but its a bit dangerous to go to such places so in more modern times people have found a safer way.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Well, I'd like to think they can still evolve, but the items make it "easier" by modern standards.

Kinda like how Eevee can evolve into Glaceon and Leafeon through exposure to nature, but stones do the trick just as well.

Kangaflora

As it is the 17th January UK time (at time of writing), the game will be released in 11 days time. Even if we don't get the datamine, I am actually looking for to discovering Sinnoh's past as Hisui. Sounds like a challenge, can't wait to get it. Good to know that all of the Sinnoh Pokémon will be in this game, including their pre-evolved forms.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
As it is the 17th January UK time (at time of writing), the game will be released in 11 days time. Even if we don't get the datamine, I am actually looking for to discovering Sinnoh's past as Hisui. Sounds like a challenge, can't wait to get it. Good to know that all of the Sinnoh Pokémon will be in this game, including their pre-evolved forms.

This is one of those rare momenta where I'm dreading a datamine. I don't mind the information leaking itself; I just fear coming across it.

I really want to enjoy this game brand spankin' new. I'll wait for Gen 9's datamine. lol

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The primary thing I only want from the datamine is the full dex, so I can prepare my team. But then again, I did the same thing with BDSP and still ended up with a different team mid-game and post-game.

On the other hand, one thing I dread with datamines is finding out the post-game content. Will it be full of stuff to do or nothing? I can avoid it, but I'd rather get disappointed now, than later.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The only thing I want to see from the datamines are the starter evolutions. We know about them, we know they're coming, we know they're getting new types, and we know they're going to appear all over the internet, so unlike the Galar starters (who were entirely new pokemon) I just want to see them now and get it over with so it can save me the headache of accidentally seeing them on Twitter or something.

Other than that, I want to go into this game as blind as possible like

Last edited:

PCN24454

The primary thing I only want from the datamine is the full dex, so I can prepare my team. But then again, I did the same thing with BDSP and still ended up with a different team mid-game and post-game.

On the other hand, one thing I dread with datamines is finding out the post-game content. Will it be full of stuff to do or nothing? I can avoid it, but I'd rather get disappointed now, than later.
Wouldn’t it be better to just find out blind? Why spoil yourself?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Wouldn't it be funny if the game came out and the starters didn't have Hisuian evos
I'd be annoyed but eventually move on, though I think places like these forums & Twitter will completely lose their minds & label Legends as the worst game ever if that were the case