• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
There are too many spoilers everywhere! :mad:

I can't go on anything now! Can't go on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube. Hell, I can barely click a new tab on Chrome. I'm gonna have to wait an entire week (or longer) before I can use the internet again.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion

I can't go on anything now! Can't go on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube. Hell, I can barely click a new tab on Chrome. I'm gonna have to wait an entire week (or longer) before I can use the internet again.

Same boat here. It’s kind of frustrating - I’ve been spoiled on on mildly big thing (IMO) that, while I can get over it, people seem to think it’s not really a spoiler at all, somehow. I’ve also seen people in some places who don’t think that seeing new forms or such are spoilers at all so I was inadvertently spoiled on some of those, having hopefully scrolled fast enough to not remember every detail. And then, of course, some minor early-game plot stuff. It’s almost like a large part of the Pokémon community in other places doesn’t even know what a spoiler is and just posts everything they see. I’m about to just log off until midnight next Thursday night so I can go into the experience as unspoiled as still possible.

Autobot N

It really sucks for me since I’m not gonna be able to play until the 10th. So I’ve got to dodge story spoilers for twice as long

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I feel like the only1 who thinks that a big empty open world with barely any buildings is not fun
Note to everyone else - this isn’t much of a spoiler, just about how we already thought the game to be in terms of broad setting.

I think it’s perfectly fine to not enjoy the concept or feeling of a setting like that, and there’s plenty of others who share that perspective. As someone who does like it a lot, I have to at least offer their perspective that this kind of setting is, itself, the point of this particular game.

The comparison has been made often, but it evokes the Breath of the Wild feeling. It’s not truly empty, per se - it seems full to me, full of environmental details and ancient ruins and Pokémon. This wilderness itself is the thing that a lot of people are there to experience and explore, something we haven’t gotten from Pokémon that a lot of fans (especially, IMO, long-term players) have really wanted for a long time. I’ve always wanted a Pokémon setting that I can explore edge to edge, turn over every stone to uncover every mystery.

For some players, that’s just not what they’re here for and not something that excited them - those players are just a lot more likely to be quiet now because everyone is in hype mode and the game looks to be much better than a lot of people expected. The excited voices who like what we’re seeing will just naturally be amplified right now, so it’ll feel a bit lonely to be in the other corner. That will mostly pass. I felt much the same, personally, when Sword and Shield were new and started to gain so much popularity that they became the third biggest-selling set in the franchise’s history. These days, I don’t feel lonely in my perspective anymore. I’m sure you’ll feel the same about this eventually.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Note to everyone else - this isn’t much of a spoiler, just about how we already thought the game to be in terms of broad setting.

I think it’s perfectly fine to not enjoy the concept or feeling of a setting like that, and there’s plenty of others who share that perspective. As someone who does like it a lot, I have to at least offer their perspective that this kind of setting is, itself, the point of this particular game.

The comparison has been made often, but it evokes the Breath of the Wild feeling. It’s not truly empty, per se - it seems full to me, full of environmental details and ancient ruins and Pokémon. This wilderness itself is the thing that a lot of people are there to experience and explore, something we haven’t gotten from Pokémon that a lot of fans (especially, IMO, long-term players) have really wanted for a long time. I’ve always wanted a Pokémon setting that I can explore edge to edge, turn over every stone to uncover every mystery.

For some players, that’s just not what they’re here for and not something that excited them - those players are just a lot more likely to be quiet now because everyone is in hype mode and the game looks to be much better than a lot of people expected. The excited voices who like what we’re seeing will just naturally be amplified right now, so it’ll feel a bit lonely to be in the other corner. That will mostly pass. I felt much the same, personally, when Sword and Shield were new and started to gain so much popularity that they became the third biggest-selling set in the franchise’s history. These days, I don’t feel lonely in my perspective anymore. I’m sure you’ll feel the same about this eventually.
Thank you <3

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Ultra Beast Lover

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Same boat here. It’s kind of frustrating - I’ve been spoiled on on mildly big thing (IMO) that, while I can get over it, people seem to think it’s not really a spoiler at all, somehow. I’ve also seen people in some places who don’t think that seeing new forms or such are spoilers at all so I was inadvertently spoiled on some of those, having hopefully scrolled fast enough to not remember every detail. And then, of course, some minor early-game plot stuff. It’s almost like a large part of the Pokémon community in other places doesn’t even know what a spoiler is and just posts everything they see. I’m about to just log off until midnight next Thursday night so I can go into the experience as unspoiled as still possible.
RuffledRowlet is definitely one of them. I’ve been lucky enough to avoid most story spoilers and muted anyone on my timeline who posted them, most of the big spoilers I saw were ones I either wanted to see or ones that I slipped & peaked at because I was weak.

Aside from one big spoiler RuffledRowlet ruined for me, I’ve been lucky enough that I haven’t seen people spamming them like crazy (at least for now).

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
But can we block attacks with our body?

I'm more concerned with whether or not we take actual damage during battles. While Staravia's attack did knock the player down, they didn't glow red, so I'm not sure if it's damage or just for show.

This is why we need a player health bar.

_________________________________________________________________________________

So I've begun downloading the game, and I'm hella excited. I wish I could play it now, but I must wait 7 more days. :(

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

I'm still waiting for my preload to appear. I pre-ordered it on the eshop weeks ago, I have the funds needed for the purchase, it's supposed to appear today but it's not there.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm still waiting for my preload to appear. I pre-ordered it on the eshop weeks ago, I have the funds needed for the purchase, it's supposed to appear today but it's not there.

This is why I recommend waiting until the week prior to launch. Starting that week, the game downloads immediately after purchase.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
RuffledRowlet is definitely one of them. I’ve been lucky enough to avoid most story spoilers and muted anyone on my timeline who posted them, most of the big spoilers I saw were ones I either wanted to see or ones that I slipped & peaked at because I was weak.

Aside from one big spoiler RuffledRowlet ruined for me, I’ve been lucky enough that I haven’t seen people spamming them like crazy (at least for now).
Ah great, YouTubers posting Pokemon spoilers, lovely. I guess RuffledRowlet looked at ProfasiaGaming's YouTube profile with all those early spoilers and said, "You know, maybe this guy was on to something." Hope the videos get taken down.

I will spoil myself on new Pokemon/forms/evolutions, but I do not want to touch story spoilers.
That said, I came across one because it wasn't labelled properly as such.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Same here. I bet it’s queued for some specific time or done in groups. I don’t even really know if I want it to show up, I feel like I’d be more anxious to play if it’s on my screen but can’t be opened!

Ultra Beast Lover

Same here. I bet it’s queued for some specific time or done in groups. I don’t even really know if I want it to show up, I feel like I’d be more anxious to play if it’s on my screen but can’t be opened!
Yeah I get what you mean. It's like clicking on a movie/TV show and being told it won't be available until a certain date but it's right there and I want to watch now.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
It’s interesting to watch the reception to this game unfold without reading spoilers. There’s a very popular post right now on the Gaming subreddit full of negativity because of the specific screenshot it uses having a pretty bad-looking water texture like in some trailers, but you go over to the Pokémon sub or other sites and the discourse has flipped from insanely negative to hyped, positive, and sharing screenshots that look amazing. Of course, any game comes with flaws, and I know this one will too, but it makes me wonder whether it’s easier to criticize from the outside. Maybe for those actually playing it, it lives up to what people want from a Pokémon game, for the most part? I almost feel like I’m walking around blind since there’s people out there who probably know most of the game by now and all I know is vague memories of being accidentally spoiled on some new forms.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see they’re dragging those screenshots up and down the thread I was looking at despite me thinking they look amazing. Whatever lol. I don’t think I know what people want from Game Freak in terms of graphics anymore, seeing the things they’re claiming look like “PS2 graphics” or “N64 graphics.”

Last edited: