• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Should they have included more Pokémon from Johto in Pokémon Legends: Arceus? Yes or no?

My answer is yes. They should have included more Johto Pokémon in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. Will there be another free update that brings more Johto Pokémon into PLA? My answer to that question is also yes.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Should they have included more Pokémon from Johto in Pokémon Legends: Arceus? Yes or no?

My answer is yes. They should have included more Johto Pokémon in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. Will there be another free update that brings more Johto Pokémon into PLA? My answer to that question is also yes.
While I think it’s likely that an update will happen to PLA given that the Generation 8 Pokédex does not end in a mythical Pokémon I don’t think the hypothetical update will add any Pokémon to the game.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
While I think it’s likely that an update will happen to PLA given that the Generation 8 Pokédex does not end in a mythical Pokémon I don’t think the hypothetical update will add any Pokémon to the game.
We're so close to Scarlet and Violet at this point, that I can't see any more Pokemon being added to Legends: Arceus, not even a Mythical. Gen 8 will most likely be the first time a Generation's Pokedex ends without a Mythical, which it was going to be anyway with Calyrex being the last Pokemon in the Gen 8 Pokedex before Legends: Arceus came out. There could be at least one more update to Legends: Arceus this year, but at the very most it'll be something like a story event or new cosmetic items.

Luthor

We're so close to Scarlet and Violet at this point, that I can't see any more Pokemon being added to Legends: Arceus, not even a Mythical. Gen 8 will most likely be the first time a Generation's Pokedex ends without a Mythical, which it was going to be anyway with Calyrex being the last Pokemon in the Gen 8 Pokedex before Legends: Arceus came out. There could be at least one more update to Legends: Arceus this year, but at the very most it'll be something like a story event or new cosmetic items.

Yeah i don't think any more new Pokemon. They've changed rules before after all. Gens mostly start with the grass starter except gen 5 which technically the first Pokemon in national dex order is Victini. So rules aren't completely rigid .Gen 8 is also a bit different to most gens as it expanded the Pokedex due to DLC and then due to Legends Arceus. For me ending with a Legendary like Enamorus given the options in Legends Arceus makes sense.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hi guys, maybe ya'll can help me, I'm torn on which water pokemon and grass pokemon to get, I've been using Floatzel but he pretty much sucks so I was thinking Basculegion. And for grass I was thinking Abomasnow. The rest of my team is Typhlosion, Togekiss, Luxray, and Ursaluna.

I asked in the help thread but appears to be abandoned lol.

Red and Blue

Hi guys, maybe ya'll can help me, I'm torn on which water pokemon and grass pokemon to get, I've been using Floatzel but he pretty much sucks so I was thinking Basculegion. And for grass I was thinking Abomasnow. The rest of my team is Typhlosion, Togekiss, Luxray, and Ursaluna.

Maybe try Lilligent for Grass? And if you want another choice than Basculegion what about Empoleon?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Maybe try Lilligent for Grass? And if you want another choice than Basculegion what about Empoleon?
Definitely not Empoleon, don't like the line at all. Lilligant is interesting, I'll have to see about that. I liked the idea of Abomasnow though for the Ice coverage. Also I heard ghost type is really good in the game so I thought that Typhlosion and Basculegion might work well together.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Definitely not Empoleon, don't like the line at all. Lilligant is interesting, I'll have to see about that. I liked the idea of Abomasnow though for the Ice coverage. Also I heard ghost type is really good in the game so I thought that Typhlosion and Basculegion might work well together.
Maybe Lilligant and Walrein?

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you

I actually find the ground type to be most useful and they ghost type is useful but I tend to run into a lot of other ghosts and dark types that really wreak havoc on my Zoroark. However, if you’re looking for the grass-fire-water trio to be in your party might I suggest this: Lilligant-Typhlosion-Tentacruel. Lilligant has some nice coverage and is the prototypical physical sweeper and Tentacruel is part poison which will deal with the multitude of grass and fairy Pokémon and gives you a couple nest resists. And then Typhlosion is your starter so definitely keep that.

Autobot N

You could use Manaphy or Phione since they can be caught during the story.

Also looks like they're finally talking about HOME compatibility

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m really surprised that we can bring Pokémon from other games into Legends. I have my Cyndaquil from my very first Soul Silver playthrough that I never evolved, but I may end up turning it into a Hisuian Typhlosion because of this

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I’m really surprised that we can bring Pokémon from other games into Legends. I have my Cyndaquil from my very first Soul Silver playthrough that I never evolved, but I may end up turning it into a Hisuian Typhlosion because of this

I'm more stoked we can bring pokemon from Legends into Sword & Shield.

I definitely want to try out Wyrdeer and Basculegion in some rank battles.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I'm more stoked we can bring pokemon from Legends into Sword & Shield.

I definitely want to try out Wyrdeer and Basculegion in some rank battles.
Don't want to be your dreamcrusher but we can only bring those which are coded into SwSh. So you can bring a Gyarados from Legends but not a Wyrdeer or Basculegion...

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m just glad I can finally move the shiny Murkrow I hatched in Go into Legends and BDSP.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Thats really tough luck. Looks like they didn't bother doing all of the move animations for shiny locked legendaries and this one escaped testing.

At least i could transfer a cherubi from pokemon sword. No more hunting trees for me.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I can agree. It’s sad but expected given how close a new generation is. At this rate Sprigatito will certainly be #906 in National Dex order, Fuecoco at #909 and Quaxly at #912, given starters tend to always start the next generation. Unova was the only exception, as it had Victini placed before the starters.