• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Basculegion probably has a blue form, and the one in the trailer evolves from the Red-Striped form. On the other hand, are we sure the new Pokémon aren't evolving from regional forms? With Sirfetch'd we assumed it evolved from the Farfetch'd we always, but then the game comes out and there's a Galarian Farfetch'd that wasn't in any trailer.

One thing I will say is that Basculegion has red's dorsal fin but blue's front fins. That and Basculegion all though not a true purple is still a blend between red and blue. There might be a bluer shiny though.

But its true we could also have regional prevos. Need further proof.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Oddly enough, we've heard... nothing about Arceus's role in the game... It's also the Pokémon with several items...

Here's hoping for something huge for it ;)

I have a feeling that there’s quite a lot of information they’re intentionally keeping under wraps and only slowly unveiling. There’s even still stuff from the leaks that we haven’t seen in official footage yet. It’s a good marketing strategy - slowly make the game look better and better.

MrJechgo

I have a feeling that there’s quite a lot of information they’re intentionally keeping under wraps and only slowly unveiling. There’s even still stuff from the leaks that we haven’t seen in official footage yet. It’s a good marketing strategy - slowly make the game look better and better.
Oh, sure, understandable.

We did see previous games reveal their legendaries early on though ;)

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles

Ya I highly suspect the next info dump is the main plot with more form reveals and features maybe.

Because we are definitely getting those "King" boss battles and it proves that we afre even more due to showing the same gold glow near the end.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I can’t even lie, that was worth the wait.

I truly believe and hope this is the future of the franchise. This game looks really cool and genuinely fun, I don’t even know where to start. The art and visual direction (on the map and in towns, the other locations we saw too) as well as the attention to detail and effort in what seems to be the history and lore of Sinnoh/Hisui had me sold without even seeing the mechanics. All the new forms and evolutions are awesome and I’m curious as to what caused them to become extinct(?)/rare in recent times. But with the mechanic reveals? I’m 100% pre-ordering. The addition of these battle styles and a focus on stats adds a layer of depth to in-game combat that I’ve felt was needed for a while. I love how the atmosphere truly seems to feel like a wild frontier with the player able to be injured….I can’t wait for a Drifloon to beat my ass.

I mentioned this before but I’m really digging the worldbuilding and the effort gone to fleshing out the region’s history. Lots of interesting things here: how Hisui becomes Sinnoh, what affiliation the Galaxy Team has to Team Galactic, in what capacity Cyllene and Kamado -who both have very sleek designs- are related to Cyrus and Rowan, etc. So much potential and I really can’t wait to see how much more is addressed. I hope we get a few more characters, both totally new and a few more ancestors here and there (holding out hope for Barry and Cynthia clones).

Man, so much exciting stuff here.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Oh? I never even knew there were actual leaks of this game already.
There were just a few screenshots that leaked right before the original February reveal. They confirmed a couple instances of riding Pokémon. Two screenshots have content that we haven’t had confirmed yet:

See the post above for the actual pics. One is just another terrain traversal thing for climbing, and one is very hard to make out but appears to potentially be a boss battle with an as-yet-unknown Pokémon. Nothing really huge was leaked, and nothing that we can clearly determine to be related to the actual story.

Ultra Beast Lover

The boss Pokemon in the photo appears to be enveloped in some kind of aura but I wonder if it's not. Maybe it's performing an attack or maybe it's connected to an Arceus plate or why the Pokemon have gone nuts.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Here are some of my thought about the game:
  • New Pokemon and new forms?! This really surprised me. New forms or variants are expected, but entirely new Pokemon? I'm surprised they're still expanding the Dex. I'm sure there will be more. We can't have a Dex end with a non-Mythical Pokemon, can we? Here's hoping for Dunsparce and Qwilfish too. There is a curious Pokemon in the leak that looks like a giant bird which is still not revealed. There's also an unrevealed Pokemon that we can use for climbing.
  • I really find it interesting that we got notRowan and notCyrus. I just thought of it as a joke before, but they really did it.
  • Pokemon turning animation is actually done properly this time (see Ponyta in trailer).
  • Looking at the map, it looks like there will be very few settlements. A little concerning, but understandable considering the setting. They haven't shown any caverns yet.
  • The HQ building reminds me of Motostoke walls.
  • Oh gawd, I LOVE the music.
  • Pokeball fireworks is a nice touch.
  • Interesting battle mechanics: Power or Speed? Choose wisely.
  • We got another massive tree here. Why does GF like big trees?
  • Pokemon can actually hurt you. Gasp.
  • The research tasks for the Dex looks like a pain to 100%...
  • Also, CRAFTING!!!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Let's stop with the arguing. It's fine to have an opinion to not like a game. But in general, it's not fine to go after people for that.

This is a general warning. Thank you.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Here are some of my thought about the game:
  • New Pokemon and new forms?! This really surprised me. New forms or variants are expected, but entirely new Pokemon? I'm surprised they're still expanding the Dex. I'm sure there will be more. We can't have a Dex end with a non-Mythical Pokemon, can we? Here's hoping for Dunsparce and Qwilfish too. There is a curious Pokemon in the leak that looks like a giant bird which is still not revealed. There's also an unrevealed Pokemon that we can use for climbing.
  • I really find it interesting that we got notRowan and notCyrus. I just thought of it as a joke before, but they really did it.
  • Pokemon turning animation is actually done properly this time (see Ponyta in trailer).
  • Looking at the map, it looks like there will be very few settlements. A little concerning, but understandable considering the setting. They haven't shown any caverns yet.
  • The HQ building reminds me of Motostoke walls.
  • Oh gawd, I LOVE the music.
  • Pokeball fireworks is a nice touch.
  • Interesting battle mechanics: Power or Speed? Choose wisely.
  • We got another massive tree here. Why does GF like big trees?
  • Pokemon can actually hurt you. Gasp.
  • The research tasks for the Dex looks like a pain to 100%...
  • Also, CRAFTING!!!
That large bird is Braviary

Speaking of the battle styles, anybody think Kubfu could make it into this game?

Bus

So....with the initial character design reveal and the fact that its involving Arceus...and also the fact that its the anniversary of the 4th Gen, we all thought this was some Ancient Sinnoh. With the reveal that the region is called Hisui, is it confirmed its actually an entirely different region and not just that the name of the region changed from Hisui to Sinnoh over time? (Like how Constantinople became Istanbul?)

Ultra Beast Lover

I really don't see Braviary in that yellow-glowing boss-like bird thingy.
Smeargle thought you meant the silhouette

So....with the initial character design reveal and the fact that its involving Arceus...and also the fact that its the anniversary of the 4th Gen, we all thought this was some Ancient Sinnoh. With the reveal that the region is called Hisui, is it confirmed its actually an entirely different region and not just that the name of the region changed from Hisui to Sinnoh over time? (Like how Constantinople became Istanbul?)
It's Sinnoh, the announcer said that it's Sinnoh but was called Hisui.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The trailer said that Hisui was Sinnoh’s original name before it became known as Sinnoh.

Autobot N

They said that Hisui is the old name. Even without that, you still have Jubilife village and Mt. Coronet

Smeargle-Sketch said:
Back in February, hold on.
Linked below now.
I wonder what the middle Pokemon is?