• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Not sure if anyone else pointed this out, but I feel the strong & agile styles are supposed to Legend’s version of a battle gimmick (Megas, Z moves, Dynamax) since it’s another version of power up that fits with the themes and motifs of the game

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

I like that Pokemon is going for a more mature yet still kid friendly approach with this game. This is what I've wanted from Pokemon for so long... of course... now I'll have to change my banner because we're getting a game that's like Pokemon Colosseum in the sense that it's more mature yet kid friendly and will clearly be a wild ride. I'll wait a little because I want a good shot of Wyrdeer

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Please forgive my ignorance, but are the new forms of Growlithe and Stantler supposed to be extinct by the time the events of Pearl/Diamond?
I could see forms being exclusive and one-time only. But as for entirely new Pokemon such as Wyrdeer and Basculegion, I seriously doubt it. Present Day Sinnoh might not have them, but as mentioned above, it could be found in other regions. Heck, it was in Johto and Unova all along.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I could see forms being exclusive and one-time only. But as for entirely new Pokemon such as Wyrdeer and Basculegion, I seriously doubt it. Present Day Sinnoh might not have them, but as mentioned above, it could be found in other regions. Heck, it was in Johto and Unova all along.
They could also be available once we get Home connectivity for all three games, though I doubt we’ll get an in-universe explanation if that does happen

At the very least, I’m hoping they’ll patch SWSH to allow all of the Sinnoh & Hisui exclusive pokémon in the games, especially since they’ll still have ranked battles & people will definitely want to use them

ShadowForce720

They could also be available once we get Home connectivity for all three games, though I doubt we’ll get an in-universe explanation if that does happen
Honestly I think the Husuian forms will be treated the same ways as the other regional variants(Alolan and Galarian Forms) are treated now in that they will be transferable to future games that have the standard forms, and/or there will be in game trades for them.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Yes there is always the theory we'll see a "region name"_ian Wyrdeer in the future where the line survived.

But at this time they are theorized to be extinct present day.

UNLESS, some how researchers ended up finding a small hidden population of said pokemon hiding within Mt.Coronet, the newly added Underground Hideaways or perhaps a temporal disturbance caused by Dialga??

Or some random NPC is like "look at this weird deer i found, I'd rather have a Sawsbuck, if you have one let's trade"

(btw fun fact Wyrdeer isn't primarily "weird deer" but "wyrd deer" as in the anglo-saxon/germanic word meaning "come to pass, to become, to go" as well as being used in other languages at the time to mean "to be dignified, honorable, worthy, valuable" and so on)

Ways to work around it.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Yes there is always the theory we'll see a "region name"_ian Wyrdeer in the future where the line survived.

But at this time they are theorized to be extinct present day.

UNLESS, some how researchers ended up finding a small hidden population of said pokemon hiding within Mt.Coronet, the newly added Underground Hideaways or perhaps a temporal disturbance caused by Dialga??

Or some random NPC is like "look at this weird deer i found, I'd rather have a Sawsbuck, if you have one let's trade"

(btw fun fact Wyrdeer isn't primarily "weird deer" but "wyrd deer" as in the anglo-saxon/germanic word meaning "come to pass, to become, to go" as well as being used in other languages at the time to mean "to be dignified, honorable, worthy, valuable" and so on)

Ways to work around it.
Maybe that's why Pal Park's still in BDSP. They could pull some in-universe explanation of transporting pokémon from ancient times and (just like with Go Park in Let's Go) you have to select the Hissuian pokémon from Home and re-catch them in the park so that they're in proper pokéballs for wifi battles or something

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
These forms and evolutions almost certainly can’t be considered totally extinct in the present day if Legends is slated to get Home support. That implies that they’ll be available either in the current generation, should SwSh be patched and/or BDSP have the full national dex (or just an expanded 4th Gen dex including these), or a future generation; there’s no reason to allow the game to have Home connectivity if there’s no chance that some of the Pokémon in it will ever be available again. GF know that Dexit wasn’t received well by long-time fans and I would be extremely surprised if it is permanent. The only thing I can think of that even remotely resembles that situation would be the Spiky-eared Pichu and Cosplay Pikachu, and it would be a significant step to apply the same restrictions to regional forms and entirely new Pokémon.

If anything, they could be functionally extinct in the current setting but brought back via transferring them through time - after all, we’ve seen the idea of trading across time since the second generation, and this is a region with two legendaries considered deities of space and time in Sinnoh myths - or discovered to have been restricted to a very small and secretive habitat range, hand-waving their absence in prior generations.

I know that it’s hard to have faith in Game Freak letting us have the whole National Dex and all its forms again. I know that there’s a chance I’m wrong and these new forms and species will truly be specific to this game. But I personally have faith that we will see them in the future past the life cycle of this game and this generation. It may even happen this generation - I’m not getting my hopes up, but it would just make intuitive sense to allow these Pokémon to at least be transferred to BDSP somehow, even if it’s only once Home support is eventually added.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
These forms and evolutions almost certainly can’t be considered totally extinct in the present day if Legends is slated to get Home support. That implies that they’ll be available either in the current generation, should SwSh be patched and/or BDSP have the full national dex (or just an expanded 4th Gen dex including these), or a future generation; there’s no reason to allow the game to have Home connectivity if there’s no chance that some of the Pokémon in it will ever be available again. GF know that Dexit wasn’t received well by long-time fans and I would be extremely surprised if it is permanent. The only thing I can think of that even remotely resembles that situation would be the Spiky-eared Pichu and Cosplay Pikachu, and it would be a significant step to apply the same restrictions to regional forms and entirely new Pokémon.
These Hisui forms and Pokémon could absolutely be extinct. Gone like Aerodactyl, Kabutops, Rampardos, Dracovish, etc. Since this takes place (likely) hundreds of years before the events of BDSP that settling of the region endangered the Pokémon and caused their extinction. It was already established that extinct Pokémon could be resurrected in the very first game. No reason to think recently extinct Pokémon can’t be brought back as well. But who knows, maybe they aren’t extinct and are near impossible to find in modern day Sinnoh.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

I don't think Dexit means that Pokemon will be completely retconned out, they know that people have strong emotional attachments to their Pokemon and they'll probably want to put them in some game if they can help it. I think it just means they won't be able to include all of them in one game again. I think (at least for the time being) every Pokemon will be available in at least one game in each generation, and that includes the Pokemon in Legends. It being a prequel set in the past doesn't really matter in terms of transfers and compatibility, it's a core game just like any other, these Pokemon are just mid gen additions like the additional UBs in USUM, Zeraora, and Meltan/Melmetal, they'll probably carry over to 9th gen (I don't think they'll update SwSh with them, but some kind of 9th gen game will have them as long as their base forms are in).

SuperTentacle

I'm wondering if there are double battle (or even more?) In this Game. The discribed Hisui-Growlithe as a Pokemon that always hangs out with a partner. In the Trailer you see a second Growlithe besides the one the Trainer battles with. So maybe you could trigger both at the same time and start a double battle?

I think the new battle system would also benefit from that. With more than two Pokemon such a system would really mix things up.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Good question. Could they not just omit Porygon and it's evolutions from the game?
Porygon-Z was introduced in Gen 4 though.

But looking at it, Porygon can be obtained in the wild in LGPE (Route 7). So I guess they can make it available in the wild, too? Or maybe we are given prototype Porygon?