• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

RalphyUK

Very promising and a step in the right direction. Hopefully Decidueye (an owl) wont get hit by earthquake and other pokelogic are also addressed.
So much we still dont know. Customisation, trainer battles, breeding, story, etc.
Still has turn based battle mechanics by the looks of things??? But least random encounters is finally gone.

Ultra Beast Lover

I think that the, presumably, Professor's flags uses the same symbol as the one on our sleeve. Perhaps we're given this as a lab uniform to make trekking through the region easier?

I wonder if we're going to see the effects the Lake Trio has on people. Like maybe someone wonders into town with their emotions drained saying they, for a second, touched a strange Pokemon and that their comrades got separated from them after one looked a Pokemon in the eyes and another actually hurt one of them. So you have to go search for them. You find one who is catatonic and the other who had lost their memory. You then have to go, catch the trio, and restore them.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
About smaller entries, obviously main team can make 3 large scale games in short time( SM, LGPE and Town) while other team USUM and SH/SW. Now this is rumor that other team did SH/SW but let's stick with that.

Again, SM, LGPE, and Town are not big games, and definitely not on the same level as SwSh and LA. There is a major difference in the resouces needed to make handheld/mobile games with linear routes and large scale console games with open worlds.

Other team could easily still make Gen 9 like they did with SH/SW and main team: Legends or as above: Main team could work on Legends and help other team on Gen 9 in meantime, in 2023.

No way Game Freak is handing Gen 9 to another team. New generations are too integral to the series, they're going to want those all to themselves.

IDK about that to make a comment. If you're talking about disappointments as critically and financially I can say: none of these are financial failures except maybe US/UM but that's sequels which they usually sell less than 10 million copies. As of critical: SH/SW is the only one critically failed but still many people loved it since it sold over 20 million copies. LGPE for what I have seen many people loved it, some say that it's bad because Go.

It disappointed fans. Just because they bought it doesn't mean they liked it, and there were a lot of complaints about the games that Game Freak seems to have taken to heart. They didn't need to do it, no, but this does seem to indicate that fan reception matters to them.

Continuing the direction they were going wasn't sustainable anyway, because eventually the games would get larger and more advanced to the point where they wouldn't be able to keep up.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I was originally hoping for (but not expecting) Sinnohian (/Sinnohesse or whatever) forms in the Sinnoh remakes, after all this was untreaded ground being the first remakes post regional forms. With how 'brilliant diamond' & 'shining pearl' look to be going I don't expect well get any new regional forms from them. However I think it's now possible (but perhaps unlikely) that we could get new 'historical' forms for old pokemon. Like perhaps a Polteageist as a a steel/ghost type as an old fashioned style Japanese teapot or a Voltorb based on these older style pokeballs.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I don't know if i'll like the game if it's just Goh's Pokemon Journey: the Videogame

I'd like to assume there's more, but they didn't show anything

Last edited:

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I am really hyped for this game, even if it is BoTW with Pokemon, I don't see that as a bad thing. I will be interested to know how they will handle certain evolutions, especially for mons that evolve using items not likely to exist in the feudal era or that need to be link traded. I wonder if say Magmortar would evolve in a different way or into a different form because a Magmarizer won't exist for another 500 years in the Pokemon universe? Then again, they're catching Pokemon in wooden Pokeballs......somehow... so maybe I'm overthinking this.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Not sure if this has been posted here:

ar0Tdj5.jpg

PHH21e1.jpg
Mountain climbing! Gondolas! Nice battle animations! This game has EVERYTHING!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Mountain climbing! Gondolas! Nice battle animations! This game has EVERYTHING!
What is intriguing are the silhouettes of Pokemon. The first one isn't Sawsbuck. It's not Stantler either, but the round tail seemingly makes it so. Probably regional forms.

The one with a boss-fight-like image seems like another Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd form.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
However I think it's now possible (but perhaps unlikely) that we could get new 'historical' forms for old pokemon.
Oh looks like it then, thanks for sharing the scans, I assume they're from a 'trusted' source, too quick to be fake anyway right?
What is intriguing are the silhouettes of Pokemon. The first one isn't Sawsbuck. It's not Stantler either, but the round tail seemingly makes it so. Probably regional forms.

The one with a boss-fight-like image seems like another Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd form.
I think that you're onto something here. And I am pleased, this was one of my biggest hopes for these games.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Maybe Stantler's new evolution, but we will wait and see.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Maybe Stantler's new evolution, but we will wait and see.
Old evolution? Pre-evolution? Ancient adaptation? How on earth would this 500 year old variant be recently discovered and explained in future games?
QUESTIONS

SoHowAreYou

Old evolution? Pre-evolution? Ancient adaptation? How on earth would this 500 year old variant be recently discovered and explained in future games?
QUESTIONS

Dead-end evolutions. Maybe humies made it impossible for this form to show up during their colonization of the region. Maybe it was a migrant pokemon that stopped showing up as the climate changed. Maybe a bad silhouette, we'll see in like a year, or more likely almost a year when new info comes out.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
If you told me 5 years ago, to the day, that for Pokémon’s 25th Anniversary we would be getting an open world game set in Sinnoh’s past revolving around Arceus with a (speculated) ATB combat system on an upcoming console-handheld hybrid I would think you were deranged. Well.....

I’m so damn excited for this. The premise, the creativity, the sheer insanity of it all is so gratifying to feel towards a series I was painfully aware was a husk of its former self. This has opened up literal dimensions of possibilities going forward; there’s so much lore and storytelling that could be achieved in just this game alone. For the first time since SM I genuinely feel these have the potential to be amazing.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Absolutely in love with this game's concept. It's utterly amazing. I've always wanted an action/adventure Pokémon game, and here we are. Now, I've never been a fan of turning main-series Pokémon into an open-world game, but I never said anything about a side-series. And Arceus has so much lore just demanding to be explored, that this game has amazing story potential. Obviously it's not happening. The only thing that could make this game better in my mind would be a live-time battle system. Not going to happen, but if it did, it could very well be the perfect Pokémon game for me.

I'm very curious as to how exactly it is considered an "action/adventure-RPG." What exactly does that mean to Game Freak? That definition is what the game is going to hinge on for me.

ar0Tdj5.jpg

PHH21e1.jpg
Where'd these come from?

I kind of get the feeling that those may just be generic Pokémon silhouettes, similar to the old Surf or Fly silhouettes. Not only would I not expect new Pokémon/forms in this game, but it would be extremely odd for them to put out teases of new Pokémon/forms in such a subdued manner. They would make a bigger deal about showing off the silhouettes of new Pokémon/forms for sure.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

ar0Tdj5.jpg

PHH21e1.jpg
This just makes me wonder whether or not there will be new pokémon in the game since I don't recognize any of those silhouettes

QUESTIONS
Simple. it either went extinct with no trace of fossils to revive it, or it gradually evolved over the years to one of the pokémon we know today (similar to regional variants)

Kataphrut

It's amazing how an open world game with stealth elements has become so tiresome and over-exposed in the games industry over the past generation, and yet feels like a big breath of fresh air for Pokemon. The combat-roll into grass and "stealth capture" gave me a chuckle.

The idea of having a central hub and then letting you lose to explore at your own pace is really cool, it could give a real sense of exploration like never before in a Pokemon game. If they can polish up the framerate and slightly janky graphics, this could be something pretty amazing.