• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Luthor

Well I'm Intrigued but honestly that trailer gives only very limited speculation. I could see it being somehow connected to the Snorunt but I'm not sure if that's a direct relation or they are the new Pokemon's prey. My guess for now is its the Hisuian Growlithe evolution or a really odd new branch Snorunt evolution.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
For all we know its a feline though. Purrloin and Puruglys Sinnoh dex numbers are 76 and 77 as well.
The narrator mistaked the Pokémon to a Growlithe & Vulpix, both of which would be Canids like Zorua (going by there irl inspirations). Glameow (what I assume you meant instead of Purrloin) and Purugly would be Felids. It’s more believable that this mystery Pokémon is a canine than a feline.

Ultra Beast Lover

I think that Zorua and Zoroark are pretty likely. The scientist mentioned wanting to go farther in so I'm assuming he's in a cave. It'd be a nice mythology gag for the Zorua movie since it was set in Sinnoh and I'm pretty sure we see in a flashback that Zorua and Zoroark slept in a cave. Zoroark are very protective of each other so, one could've seen a scientist approach a young Zorua and either attacked or scared him with an illusion. The only thing I can't account for is the roar.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
This was probably mentioned by now but I found it interesting: The times given by the person in the recording are 7:06 & 7:07. Looking through regional Dexes, I saw that, for the BW Dex, Zorua and Zoroark’s Pokédex numbers are 76 & 77 respectively.
Worth mentioning the researcher starts with an oddly specific time-frame: 7:06 and a correction to 7:07 PM. In 24 hour system, it converts to 19:06 and 19:07 (196, 197) which are the Dex numbers of Espeon and Umbreon.

Eevee is identical in terms of size and shape to Vulpix and Growlithe, also Kantonian. It has round eyes, can have tipped-tail and a fur in Hisuian form. After all, a genetically-inconsistent Pokémon can be expected to have a different form or evolution in a region like Hisui which allows room for Scyther to evolve into Kleavor.

This is also a very interesting match. Surprising how both can fit into the described Pokémon.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think that Zorua and Zoroark are pretty likely. The scientist mentioned wanting to go farther in so I'm assuming he's in a cave. It'd be a nice mythology gag for the Zorua movie since it was set in Sinnoh and I'm pretty sure we see in a flashback that Zorua and Zoroark slept in a cave. Zoroark are very protective of each other so, one could've seen a scientist approach a young Zorua and either attacked or scared him with an illusion. The only thing I can't account for is the roar.
He also mentioned the tip of the tail having red fur. Zoroark is the only Canid Pokémon that could fit the description. Fennel in doesn’t have any tufts of hair on its head and the person in the trailer specifically mentions a tuft of white hair on the head.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
He also mentioned the tip of the tail having red fur. Zoroark is the only Canid Pokémon that could fit the description. Fennel in doesn’t have any tufts of hair on its head and the person in the trailer specifically mentions a tuft of white hair on the head.
Fennekin being from gen6 alrady rules our its it, unfortunatley

Orphalesion

But if it's a regional variant then it might be any kind of canidae-based Pokemon, since the regional form could just have tufts where the "standard" form doesn't. Adding a tuft here and there is still well within the standard regional form changes, not all of them are (almost) palette Swaps like purple Meowth.
However, I agree that Fennekin is unlikely, not because it's from Gen 6, but because it's a starter.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I’m on the Zorua side!
With abilities not in the game, it’s a good way to reinvent the Pokemon and give it a new purpose. I’d like to see a Fire/Ice Zorua who evolves into a new Pokemon that isn’t Zoroark.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m on the Zorua side!
With abilities not in the game, it’s a good way to reinvent the Pokemon and give it a new purpose. I’d like to see a Fire/Ice Zorua who evolves into a new Pokemon that isn’t Zoroark.
And it did sound like the person was shocked to see something happen in front of him which could easily be Zorua shape shifting into another Pokémon. The unseen Pokémon definitely jumped the guy as you can see the slight outline of something leaping head on to where the camera was before it shakes and seems to fall on the ground. Fennekin is ruled out like Orphalesion had said because it’s a starter and also Fennekin are known to be gentle and wouldn’t charge at a human but Zorua has done it before in the anime where it does jump into a person not for an attack but rather attention and it will tackle a person for some attention.

ShadowForce720

And it did sound like the person was shocked to see something happen in front of him which could easily be Zorua shape shifting into another Pokémon. The unseen Pokémon definitely jumped the guy as you can see the slight outline of something leaping head on to where the camera was before it shakes and seems to fall on the ground. Fennekin is ruled out like Orphalesion had said because it’s a starter and also Fennekin are known to be gentle and wouldn’t charge at a human but Zorua has done it before in the anime where it does jump into a person not for an attack but rather attention and it will tackle a person for some attention.
Just pointing this out but just because the normal variant of Fennekin’s are gentle doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s regional variant wouldn’t be more aggressive.

I’m not saying that I that the Pokémon in the video is a regional variant of Fennekin, however something like a temperament change can occur when you’re dealing with a regional variant of an existing Pokémon.

SuperTentacle

This was probably mentioned by now but I found it interesting: The times given by the person in the recording are 7:06 & 7:07. Looking through regional Dexes, I saw that, for the BW Dex, Zorua and Zoroark’s Pokédex numbers are 76 & 77 respectively.
What is the time in the Japanese Trailer? Do they use 12h or 24h clocks?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Does that mean we r getting news soon?
How long after the 24 hour (pointless) Ponyta live video did we get the news?

Ultra Beast Lover

It could also be a new Pokemon, like a certain cut Pokemon from Gen 2. Can't find a good photo, look up Urufuman and Waurufu. Urufuman does have some of the same things used to describe it though it would be hard to confuse it for a Growlithe or Vulpix unless they redesign it a little. Just something to consider since the growl is hard to make out.