• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

BlackButterfree

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG IT'S SO CUTE AND FLUFFY AND OMG IT'S NORMAL/GHOST AND OMG IT'S SO PRECIOUS. ZOROARK LOOKS UGLY, THOUGH. Sorry. I got excited.

Bus

Funny how the original Zoroark is the only super effective against type its Hisuian counterpart.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
You know I wonder what Hisuian Zoroark’s new signature move will be like, because while it might still be able to learn Night Daze, it would make sense if it had a new signature move that was either a Normal or Ghost type attack.
It could be that weird smoke cloud attack, assuming it wasn't Illusion. Not that Abilities are rrelevant since they aren't in this game.

Nave

Absolutely love the design of Hisuian Zorua. And Zoroark looks amazingly... weird.
Stoked on the Ghost/Normal typings!

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Normal/Ghost is an interesting typing and it won’t make Zorua and Zoroark broken even if they still have the Illusion and Imposter Abilities. They may have three Resistances but a weakness to Dark is still a manageable thing and Dark Pokémon are more common now than they were ten years ago. I can see Grimsnarl being used a lot to counter Hisuian Zoroark in competitive battles if they are able to be put into BDSP.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Funny how the original Zoroark is the only super effective against type its Hisuian counterpart.
There's actually a lot of regional forms that are weak against their original typing...Alolan Vulpix is probably the most egregious, but there's also Geodude, Marowak, Sandshrew, and Diglett just from that region.

Edit: Not Sandshrew lol

Last edited:

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
There's actually a lot of regional forms that are weak against their original typing...Alolan Vulpix is probably the most egregious, but there's also Geodude, Marowak, Sandshrew, and Diglett just from that region.
Alolan Sandshrew is stronger against it's original not weaker

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
You know I wonder what Hisuian Zoroark’s new signature move will be like, because while it might still be able to learn Night Daze, it would make sense if it had a new signature move that was either a Normal or Ghost type attack.
Maybe something like "Twilight Burst" or "Shadow Burst" (since Japanese name of Night Daze is "Night Burst").
And it would be a Ghost type move, with the ability to hit Normal types for 2x damage.

Julia Artemis

I think now the riddles that Centro posted is sadly accurate now. I don't want to give him attention and obviously just took stuff from other people but sadly guess we need to pay attention to Centro again sigh.......

NeedsAName

I think now the riddles that Centro posted is sadly accurate now. I don't want to give him attention and obviously just took stuff from other people but sadly guess we need to pay attention to Centro again sigh.......
I more trust the text-heavy 4chan bits than any image collages now. The only reason that weird Centro leak looks plausible to me are that the bits that seem to definitely hint at plausible Pokémon are way more subtle than they need to be, sometimes to the point of confusing potential supports. It's so bad, it's good.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I more trust the text-heavy 4chan bits than any image collages now. The only reason that weird Centro leak looks plausible to me are that the bits that seem to definitely hint at plausible Pokémon are way more subtle than they need to be, sometimes to the point of confusing potential supports. It's so bad, it's good.
What are these leaks/info you’re talking about?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well, I made an out-there guess and it turned out to be wrong. For the record, I was guessing Litleo and Pyroar with a Fire/Ice type. I didn't expect it to be right, but if I was, I could say that I was one of the few people to guess correctly!

Realization that modern day Zoroark is strong against Hisuian Zoroark
Could be the reason Hisuian Zorua and Zoroark are extinct in the present--Unovan Zoroark may have started showing up in places and outcompeted them by having a super-effective type.

He probably ran away to safety given how wild Pokémon in Legends will openly attack humans. Zoroark chasing the researcher away makes sense as the Zorua is most likely its child and it’s paternal instinct to protect its young is what made it start to run at the man.
For the record, in the Japanese audio, there is screaming and attacking sounds not present in the English version. It suggests the person with the camera was mauled (but doesn't guarantee he's dead).

We finally have a Normal/Ghost type this is crazy! To be honest, I was expecting the first Normal/Ghost type to consist of a Bedsheet Ghost since that's as plain as one can be, but this is fine too.
My prediction was the Virginia opossum. Common mammal where it's native, can play dead.

At the moment I am suspecting there might not be a regional Scyther. Mainly due to the oddity with how Scyther evolves into a Pokemon of the same base stats. It'd be bit a odd for this game to introduce two Bug/Rock types in the same line with the same base stats so unless Kleavor is stronger I think they might just use the same form of Scyther. Its not impossible but for now I suspect this might just be a pure regional evolution (and imply at least in this region Scizor just doesn't exist yet)

Though it's still extremely unlikely, it isn't impossible. Nincada, for instance, can evolve into something with a lower base stat total than itself, but it's still deemed better in combat (at least against the AI) due to having a much superior Ability. Granted, it's up in the air whether or not Abilities are used in Hisui; if not, there's very little reason to evolve a theoretical Bug/Rock Scyther into Kleavor unless there's something REALLY good about it, like an amazing signature move.