• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Luthor

Though it's still extremely unlikely, it isn't impossible. Nincada, for instance, can evolve into something with a lower base stat total than itself, but it's still deemed better in combat (at least against the AI) due to having a much superior Ability. Granted, it's up in the air whether or not Abilities are used in Hisui; if not, there's very little reason to evolve a theoretical Bug/Rock Scyther into Kleavor unless there's something REALLY good about it, like an amazing signature move.

Oh yeah its definitely not impossible for there to be a regional Variant of Scyther. This is more a suspicion I have that it wont based on the unusual stat aspect of Scyther and its evolved forms having the same stats . I suppose they could arrange the stats differently to make them have different battle styles but as you say there might be limited benefit to evolving maintaining the type unless there are abilities or the signature move is really good (maybe stone axe will be really good). As for Nincada that's a bit of an odd situation given that you get two Pokemon out of that evolution. I suppose a regional form of Scyther would be potentially useful for future Kanto and Johto games but for me I don't think that's a strong enough reason.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
One more thing I forgot to point out: the camera footage with that Zorua/Zoroark reveal shows that it is not only a camcorder, but the time display shows an AM/PM system, which is not used in Japan (in the real world, most of its use comes from the Anglosphere--that is, the UK, US, Australia, South Africa, Canada, Ireland, Pakistan, Malaysia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Belize, Liberia, Ethiopia, the Philippines, and parts of India; it's also the standard in the Middle East, Central America, northwestern South America, Myanmar, Afghanistan, Angola, and Nepal). Japan instead runs on the 24-hour clock (00:00 to 23:59).

That leads me to believe the camcorder is a product of Dialga's and Palkia's activities in the area, having brought the device back in time and to another region. That the narrator is amazed seeing Snorunt and cannot identify Zorua is because most people in Hisui stay away from Pokémon.

Another thing I'd like to guess: Zorua never puts up an illusion as something else, instead just openly standing there. I have to wonder if Hisuian Zorua and Zoroark do not have Illusion, and if brought to another Pokémon game, will be shown to have some other Ability entirely.

Oh yeah its definitely not impossible for there to be a regional Variant of Scyther. This is more a suspicion I have that it wont based on the unusual stat aspect of Scyther and its evolved forms having the same stats . I suppose they could arrange the stats differently to make them have different battle styles but as you say there might be limited benefit to evolving maintaining the type unless there are abilities or the signature move is really good (maybe stone axe will be really good). As for Nincada that's a bit of an odd situation given that you get two Pokemon out of that evolution. I suppose a regional form of Scyther would be potentially useful for future Kanto and Johto games but for me I don't think that's a strong enough reason.
Yeah, I was referring to ust Shedinja there. Ninjask is more of a standard Pokémon evolution, while Shedinja has lower stats but compensates for a much, much better Ability.

ShadowForce720

One more thing I forgot to point out: the camera footage with that Zorua/Zoroark reveal shows that it is not only a camcorder, but the time display shows an AM/PM system, which is not used in Japan (in the real world, most of its use comes from the Anglosphere--that is, the UK, US, Australia, South Africa, Canada, Ireland, Pakistan, Malaysia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Belize, Liberia, Ethiopia, the Philippines, and parts of India; it's also the standard in the Middle East, Central America, northwestern South America, Myanmar, Afghanistan, Angola, and Nepal). Japan instead runs on the 24-hour clock (00:00 to 23:59).

That leads me to believe the camcorder is a product of Dialga's and Palkia's activities in the area, having brought the device back in time and to another region. That the narrator is amazed seeing Snorunt and cannot identify Zorua is because most people in Hisui stay away from Pokémon.

Another thing I'd like to guess: Zorua never puts up an illusion as something else, instead just openly standing there. I have to wonder if Hisuian Zorua and Zoroark do not have Illusion, and if brought to another Pokémon game, will be shown to have some other Ability entirely.

Yeah, I was referring to ust Shedinja there. Ninjask is more of a standard Pokémon evolution, while Shedinja has lower stats but compensates for a much, much better Ability.
While Hisuian Zorua never used illusion, Hisuian Zoroark pretty clearly did use illusion as it was using it to create black smoke to cloak itself before attacking the person that was observing Hisuian Zorua.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
What are these leaks/info you’re talking about?
They were popularized by Centro (who is questionable and gets things from actual leakers), but its an image leak from the actual Chinese Riddler who was doing the riddle images since gen 7, though they got gen 7 mostly right, gen 8 although various confirmations still had some duds that never came to be.

Number 2 is what is making everyone believe them. Due to this was before typing was confimed. Picture two has Zoro from One Piece next to Perona, a character who can create ghostly illusions and has ghost based powers. Therefore stating the normal/ghost Zoroark. But its also a lucky guess.
4sur1h0746v71.jpg

Their descriptions of it.
Chinese Riddler:

1. A Yokai from Yokai Watch, her Japanese name is the key, once you know it, you will understand all abt this mon (
  2. Check out the recent official announcement.
  3. New poke, one of the post game contents.
  4. A no-brainer stuff.
  5. That lady Noble poke.
  6. Kotori, Asian fans will know what it was immediately.
  7. Kanji on this pic is the key. Only Japanese can get it when that poke gets revealed.
  8. A new variant, can tell the type from it.
  9. A Japanese pun, when you solve it, you know the type of one starter.
  10. This poke was based on this thing, visually.
  11. A Japanese manga, what happened to her is the key. In fact you must have seen it way earlier than you ever noticed.
  12. You knew what it was from the thief. That's all.

The most popular responses to this has been this from the Pokemon Leaks page.

1. Hisuian Typhlosion - The pic is Damona (Japanese: Hyakki-hime) from the “Yo-Kai Watch” series. Her Japanese name translates to “hundred demons' princess”. Hinting at Fire/Ghost typing
  2. Hisuian Zorua/Zoroark - Already revealed. Pic is Zoro and Perona from “One Piece” btw.
  3. New Pokemon - It will be featured in the post-game according to the riddler. Possibly a split evo of another Pokemon, even possibly Manaphy and Phione due to Heart Swap.
  4. Hisuian Voltorb/Electrode - Like the riddler said, a no-brainer
  5. Arezu’s Noble Lady Pokemon - Hopefully H. Jynx line. Possibly connects back to BGL's claim of a H. baby Pokemon line
  6. Hisuian Decidueye, the pun has not been figured out yet. Many question a grass/fighting type or something based off the actual character's name within the image.
  7. Hisuian Qwilfish/Qwilfish evo. - The Pic is Cactuar (Japanese: Sabotender) from the “Final Fantasy” series. Its main skill in FF is “1,000 Needles” which, in Kanji, is 針千本 (Translation: Harisenbon). Qwilfish’s Japanese name is “ハリーセン”. which translates to “Harisen”.The image file is titled "Creature" possibily alluding a creature of the black lagoon style evolution. Others are quick to point a possible new Sudowood evolution.
  8. Steel-type Hisuian form - I personally hope it's Dunsparce because it's dex entry in Sword said "This Pokémon’s tiny wings have some scientists saying that Dunsparce used to fly through the sky in ancient times." Others look towards Magcargo or Goodra getting something.
  9. Hisuian Samurott (confirmed by Eclipse) - The pic is “moonlight” and “moth”. Moonlight, translated into Japanese, is “月光 or げっこう”, meaning Gekko. Moth, translated into Japanese, is “ or ”, meaning “Ga”. Putting both words together make Gekkouga, Greninja’s Japanese name BGL said that that Hisuian Samurott will be Water/Dark similar to Greninja.
  10. Avalugg evo - The pic is Project Habakkuk, a proposed British aircraft that was never built supposed to be built with ice. A concept that Avalugg is based off of due its nature of carrying Bergmite in a similar fashion.
  11. Sneasel evo - The pic comes from the Japanese manga, “Esper Mami”. That episode focused about the Japanese yokai “Kamaitachi”, something Sneasel is based off of.
  12. Ursaring evo - As mentioned, it was stolen by Centro, there has been questions though its possibly another bear Pokemon even Spinda.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
While Hisuian Zorua never used illusion, Hisuian Zoroark pretty clearly did use illusion as it was using it to create black smoke to cloak itself before attacking the person that was observing Hisuian Zorua.
Huh, I see.

I must admit that I was wondering about this in part because I am already using Unovan Zoroark for online battling this generation, and I fear Hisuian Zoroark may render Unovan Zoroark obsolete if it can do the same Illusion trick as Unovan Zoroark can, but with more immunities. None of the regional forms have completely displaced their original forms though; they've all served a different purpose.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
They were popularized by Centro (who is questionable and gets things from actual leakers), but its an image leak from the actual Chinese Riddler who was doing the riddle images since gen 7, though they got gen 7 mostly right, gen 8 although various confirmations still had some duds that never came to be.

Number 2 is what is making everyone believe them. Due to this was before typing was confimed. Picture two has Zoro from One Piece next to Perona, a character who can create ghostly illusions and has ghost based powers. Therefore stating the normal/ghost Zoroark. But its also a lucky guess.
4sur1h0746v71.jpg

Their descriptions of it.
Chinese Riddler:

1. A Yokai from Yokai Watch, her Japanese name is the key, once you know it, you will understand all abt this mon (
  2. Check out the recent official announcement.
  3. New poke, one of the post game contents.
  4. A no-brainer stuff.
  5. That lady Noble poke.
  6. Kotori, Asian fans will know what it was immediately.
  7. Kanji on this pic is the key. Only Japanese can get it when that poke gets revealed.
  8. A new variant, can tell the type from it.
  9. A Japanese pun, when you solve it, you know the type of one starter.
  10. This poke was based on this thing, visually.
  11. A Japanese manga, what happened to her is the key. In fact you must have seen it way earlier than you ever noticed.
  12. You knew what it was from the thief. That's all.

The most popular responses to this has been this from the Pokemon Leaks page.

1. Hisuian Typhlosion - The pic is Damona (Japanese: Hyakki-hime) from the “Yo-Kai Watch” series. Her Japanese name translates to “hundred demons' princess”. Hinting at Fire/Ghost typing
  2. Hisuian Zorua/Zoroark - Already revealed. Pic is Zoro and Perona from “One Piece” btw.
  3. New Pokemon - It will be featured in the post-game according to the riddler. Possibly a split evo of another Pokemon, even possibly Manaphy and Phione due to Heart Swap.
  4. Hisuian Voltorb/Electrode - Like the riddler said, a no-brainer
  5. Arezu’s Noble Lady Pokemon - Hopefully H. Jynx line. Possibly connects back to BGL's claim of a H. baby Pokemon line
  6. Hisuian Decidueye, the pun has not been figured out yet. Many question a grass/fighting type or something based off the actual character's name within the image.
  7. Hisuian Qwilfish/Qwilfish evo. - The Pic is Cactuar (Japanese: Sabotender) from the “Final Fantasy” series. Its main skill in FF is “1,000 Needles” which, in Kanji, is 針千本 (Translation: Harisenbon). Qwilfish’s Japanese name is “ハリーセン”. which translates to “Harisen”.The image file is titled "Creature" possibily alluding a creature of the black lagoon style evolution. Others are quick to point a possible new Sudowood evolution.
  8. Steel-type Hisuian form - I personally hope it's Dunsparce because it's dex entry in Sword said "This Pokémon’s tiny wings have some scientists saying that Dunsparce used to fly through the sky in ancient times." Others look towards Magcargo or Goodra getting something.
  9. Hisuian Samurott (confirmed by Eclipse) - The pic is “moonlight” and “moth”. Moonlight, translated into Japanese, is “月光 or げっこう”, meaning Gekko. Moth, translated into Japanese, is “ or ”, meaning “Ga”. Putting both words together make Gekkouga, Greninja’s Japanese name BGL said that that Hisuian Samurott will be Water/Dark similar to Greninja.
  10. Avalugg evo - The pic is Project Habakkuk, a proposed British aircraft that was never built supposed to be built with ice. A concept that Avalugg is based off of due its nature of carrying Bergmite in a similar fashion.
  11. Sneasel evo - The pic comes from the Japanese manga, “Esper Mami”. That episode focused about the Japanese yokai “Kamaitachi”, something Sneasel is based off of.
  12. Ursaring evo - As mentioned, it was stolen by Centro, there has been questions though its possibly another bear Pokemon even Spinda.
Image six clearly represents a Pokémon game based entirely off of Love Live!

Otherwise known as, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

i can still dream

Rune Knight

Something just popped in my mind.

The Twelfth Pokémon Movie Arceus and the Jewel of Life is set thousands of years in Sinnoh's Past, presumably before the events of Legends Arceus.

Although it is set in Sinnoh, they never actually refer to it by name so it may very well be called the Hisui region during the events of the movie, we just never hear them say it.

Anyway, since there are a lot of Pokémon that are featured in that movie in their standard forms maybe, at least that hints at the ones that won't be receiving new ones.

PS: I know that it's just the anime / just a movie and may not be related to the games in any capacity, but I felt like it is fun to think about and wanted to bring it up nevertheless.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Something just popped in my mind.

The Twelfth Pokémon Movie Arceus and the Jewel of Life is set thousands of years in Sinnoh's Past, presumably before the events of Legends Arceus.

Although it is set in Sinnoh, they never actually refer to it by name so it may very well be called the Hisui region during the events of the movie, we just never hear them say it.

Anyway, since there are a lot of Pokémon that are featured in that movie in their standard forms maybe, at least that hints at the ones that won't be receiving new ones.

PS: I know that it's just the anime / just a movie and may not be related to the games in any capacity, but I felt like it is fun to think about and wanted to bring it up nevertheless.

Well, just went through the movie dex and there is indeed no Pokemon that have been given new forms in that movie.

However due to that movie being in a setting that mostly resembles Meteora, Greece. We can most likely assume that they had another name for Sinnoh/Hisui until the Grecian inspired civilization left and the Hisui tribes came to be and rebranded the region.

If we are taking the anime into account.

Rune Knight

However due to that movie being in a setting that mostly resembles Meteora, Greece. We can most likely assume that they had another name for Sinnoh/Hisui until the Grecian inspired civilization left and the Hisui tribes came to be and rebranded the region.

If we are taking the anime into account.

That is likely; but if that is the case then at least that makes the movie as far as we know compatible with the games and able to fit into Legends Arceus' canonicity.

And yes, that is if we are taking the anime into account.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
About the riddler leaks I do hope the speculation about the alternate Samurott being Water/Dark and alternate Decidueye being Grass/Fighting end up being untrue.

It'd hurt having ANOTHER Water/Dark starter before we get a Water/Fighting one

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
About the riddler leaks I do hope the speculation about the alternate Samurott being Water/Dark and alternate Decidueye being Grass/Fighting end up being untrue.

Especially considering it could mean that alternate Typhlosion would be Fire/Psychic, thus blatantly regurgitating the final evo type combos of the Kalos starters.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Especially considering it could mean that alternate Typhlosion would be Fire/Psychic, thus blatantly regurgitating the final evo type combos of the Kalos starters.

the theory that these starters become secondary dark, fighting and psychic typing may be the case because it was originally the type triangle thought of for the actual starters of gen 4 when Game Freak was conceptualizing the game.

They wanted to get away from grass, fire, water to bring it home that this was a tougher, darker region.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I think now the riddles that Centro posted is sadly accurate now. I don't want to give him attention and obviously just took stuff from other people but sadly guess we need to pay attention to Centro again sigh.......

Centro knows abolutely nothing and gets more stuff wrong than he gets right, the less attention people give him the better. Pay attention to the actual Chinese Riddler riddles, not this clown's attempt at interpreting them.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

I agree, I'm all for Samurott and Decidueye getting another form, but I personally don't want them to have the same typing as previous Starters as it makes the revisit feel a little redundant.