• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
If anything, another game set in Unova is far more likely to happen before we get another Kalos game. The remakes and reimaginings and any future games similar to Legends all seem to happen in the order each of their regions debuted. The Let’s Go games are sort of the exceptions but they also created the possibility of more games similar to them and a Let’s Go version of Johto could hypothetically happen.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
A new story was added to the Canalave Library, 2nd floor, 3rd green bookcase from the right. I'll put all the text here for easy reference:

This book is titled "The Sea's Legend." It's a text that was only recently discovered, and its ancient letters were decoded. Once upon a time in the East Sea, there was a Pokémon known as the prince. A brave human asked Pokémon living in the sea to let them see the prince.

Mantyke, Buizel, and a Qwilfish with huge spikes acknowledged the human's bravery and joined them. Together, they set off in a boat over the sunset-streaked sea, sailing through the ocean gate stretched over the waves.

News of this reached the ears of the prince, who went to meet the brave little party at the Seaside Hollow.

What is notable of this text is the emphasis on naming a location that doesn't exist currently; Seaside Hollow. As well as describing a unique appearance of a Qwilfish.

This can go with the current Riddler Leaks where one of the riddle images alludes to Qwilfish getting a regional variant/evolution.

A new riddle mimicking this story where the Pokemon are swapped to Cursola, Eelektrik, Clobbopus and Inkay. Which being all sea-dwelling Pokemon that aren't water types alludes to Qwilfish losing its water typing.

Ultra Beast Lover

A Pokemon known as a prince. It could be Manaphy or Phione, or a noble Pokemon. And the ocean gate could refer to the weird structure we see in some trailers.

Are there any other new stories?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Manaphy has been explicitly referred to as "the Prince of the sea," so it seems like a safe bet to assume that legend refers to it.
And no one is quite sure what category of Pokémon Phione falls into or even what its relationship to Manaphy really is besides it being the result of Manaphy being left at the Daycare with a Ditto. Official sources from Game Freak and Nintendo keep alternating between Phione being Mythical and then saying it’s actually a Legendary before grouping it with other Mythicals in group artwork. At this point Phione could be claimed to be a Baby Pokémon that can and never will evolve into anything and I’d believe it because that is easier to accept than the constant category switching it has been going info for the past 15 years!

Ultra Beast Lover

I like both of Bird Keeper Toby's theories on Phione and Manaphy. One theory is that the Manaphy eggs can only produce Manaphy deep under the sea, on land the eggs produce Phione. The other theory is that Ditto can't completely replicate Manaphy's biology, producing a Phione.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
A Pokemon known as a prince. It could be Manaphy or Phione, or a noble Pokemon. And the ocean gate could refer to the weird structure we see in some trailers.

Are there any other new stories?
Manaphy has been explicitly referred to as "the Prince of the sea," so it seems like a safe bet to assume that legend refers to it.
And no one is quite sure what category of Pokémon Phione falls into or even what its relationship to Manaphy really is besides it being the result of Manaphy being left at the Daycare with a Ditto. Official sources from Game Freak and Nintendo keep alternating between Phione being Mythical and then saying it’s actually a Legendary before grouping it with other Mythicals in group artwork. At this point Phione could be claimed to be a Baby Pokémon that can and never will evolve into anything and I’d believe it because that is easier to accept than the constant category switching it has been going info for the past 15 years!

The Prince is most definitely Manaphy and Seaside Hollow and the ocean gate is most definitely the beach location we have seen since it is in the east of Hissui.

No other new stories to my knowledge.

Perhaps we need these Pokemon to activate a research mission or needed for one to encounter Manaphy in-game.

On top of that part of the Riddler leaks shows an image of two clouds shaped like hearts overlapping one another. Stating this image relates to a new mythical Pokemon.

So, Manaphy and Phione are based off of Sea Angels; the clouds/sky could symoblize that and the hearts depicting Manaphy's signature move Heart Swap. Since it says NEW mythical, we could get a new member for the Manaphy and Phione trio. Something tells me possibly a new Manaphy evolution or perhaps a partner/princess of the sea Pokemon to Manaphy, where Phione will stay as the servants/people of the kingdom instead. Since Phione is depicted to come from Manaphy as well as usually being seen in groups in official sources.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I always associated Manaphy with being female. It looks female.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I’m a little late on the above discussion, but Manaphy’s title usually uses “prince” (or the equivalent) everywhere it appears, including the original Japanese. The only exception is when the American English translation of a Pokémon Ranger game tried to use “Princess” the whole time (even the British English version used “prince”). Pokémon has never been shy about depicting femininity as a part of the masculine expression and experience, and vice versa.

I’d agree that anything dealing with a sea and a prince, though, explicitly refers to Manaphy; there’s no alternative that makes more sense and Pokémon as a franchise only rarely retreads the same ground when new legendaries and mythicals are designed. I’m extremely skeptical about the idea of a new mythical Pokémon, but I could certainly see it happening with the already-odd Phione/Manaphy relationship.

Autobot N

Idk how reliable this guy is (he got several things for BDSP right before release and r/Pokeleaks seems to completely trust him), but some suposed insider has leaked a full list of Hisuian forms in the game. Take with a grain of salt as always
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/r8y1tx
Pretty cool if true, I could potentially see myself using
Lilligant, the Ursaring evo, and Goodra depending on their designs, in addition to Braviary and Typhlosion who are already confirmed

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Still hoping that
Hisuian Samurott is part Dark like the leak is claiming. My team could use some Dark type coverage.
Dragon/Steel Goodra sounds interesting. If it's legit maybe I'll use that instead of Garchomp

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Idk how reliable this guy is (he got several things for BDSP right before release and r/Pokeleaks seems to completely trust him), but some suposed insider has leaked a full list of Hisuian forms in the game. Take with a grain of salt as always
Lilligant, the Ursaring evo, and Goodra depending on their designs, in addition to Braviary and Typhlosion who are already confirmed

Some very unusual variant typings here.

Dark/Poison Qwilfish + evolution? Dragon/Steel Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra? Electric/Grass Voltorb/Electrode? Grass/Fighting Lilligant? Never would've predicting those typings for those Pokemon. I'd very much like to see the concept behind them because I'm not quite seeing how those typings fit them.

Autobot N

Some very unusual variant typings here.

Dark/Poison Qwilfish + evolution? Dragon/Steel Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra? Electric/Grass Voltorb/Electrode? Grass/Fighting Lilligant? Never would've predicting those typings for those Pokemon. I'd very much like to see the concept behind them because I'm not quite seeing how those typings fit them.
Idk about the others, but my guess is that
Grass for Voltorb and Electrode is due to them being a wooden Pokeball. Also, it seems like Goomy doesn't have a form, but the other two do

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Do you think we will get an equivalent of Elite 4 and Champion?

Luthor

Interesting if true (i'll remain sceptical until something more definitive but speculation is fun). I've always wanted another member of the Forces of nature a while I did not expect that typing but it sounds cool. If this whole thing is true the one thing that surprises me is Hisuian Basculin. I was hoping it was going to be a pure evolution (similar to what this indicates Kleavor and Wyrdeer are) and it surprises me it gets a pure water variant. Still there's currently no water type regional variant so I guess it fills in that gap.

Do you think we will get an equivalent of Elite 4 and Champion?

My guess for the moment is no as don't think battling other people will be as important in these games and I suspect the wardens are there more to make it more of a challenge before unlocking the nobles. But that's just a guess for now.

Ultra Beast Lover

If there is a Hisuian Electrode/Voltorb, I suppose they could always say that it was believed that the species died out until someone found a small colony in a pokeball factory. Or, since we don't know when pokeball factories came to be, it could be that these are the ones found in the pokeball factory and they just changed over the last couple centuries. Personally though, I'm more interested in what the genie trio has coming. I hope it's good, I really don't care for the originals

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Interesting if true (i'll remain sceptical until something more definitive but speculation is fun). I've always wanted another member of the Forces of nature a while I did not expect that typing but it sounds cool. If this whole thing is true the one thing that surprises me is Hisuian Basculin. I was hoping it was going to be a pure evolution (similar to what this indicates Kleavor and Wyrdeer are) and it surprises me it gets a pure water variant. Still there's currently no water type regional variant so I guess it fills in that gap.

My guess for the moment is no as don't think battling other people will be as important in these games and I suspect the wardens are there more to make it more of a challenge before unlocking the nobles. But that's just a guess for now.
Maybe we will have something akin of Grand Wardens or, for example, some guards of the top of Mt. Coronet and Arceus Temple (Hisui equivalent of Kahunas).

I'm guessing we might have 8 Noble Pokemon (akin to 8 Trials/8 Gyms) and we have the following number of new Fully evolved Hisuain Forms/Evolutions:
1. Wardeer
2. Basculegion
3. Kleavor
4. Ursaring Evo
5. Qwilfish Evo
6. Sneasel Evo
7. Braviary
8. Zoroark
9. Arcanine
10. Electrode
11. Lilligant
12. Goodra
13. Avalugg
14. Decidueye
15. Typhlosion
16. Samurott

Numbers 1,2,3 are confirmed as Nobles. Let's assume we have 5 more Nobles it leaves us with 8 more 'unused' Pokemon. I doubt we will see starter Evos as Noble Pokemon which narrows down to 5. Which is a perfect number for 4 Trainer Aces/Nobles and 1 for the final Human Boss (I see either Zoroark or Goodra here).

It's if, of course, GF wants to give some spotlight to all new Regional variant families.
/ISPOILER]

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I feel like all the wardens Pokemon are gonna end up as basically PokeRide/HM Pokemon.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don’t think Basculin will have a Hisuian form as Basculegion looks extremely similar to it in both forms. I think that the Red and Blue Striped forms are less hostile towards each other and live peacefully in groups in Hisuian as both are more focused on surviving as a species rather than having a rivalry for territory and food as they do in other regions.