• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Honestly, if they cater to Pokemon Day, then yeah.
Otherwise it's prolly a March main release for the Switch.

But I wouldn't be totally opposed to it being pushed all the way to the usual Holiday block for Pokemon releases just for the sake of more fine tuning.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Anyone else feeling a February 25th release date for this game? If it's early 2022, that would be the best time for them to release it.
I’m thinking more towards the end of January but February 25th also works. I don’t see it being released any later than the second week of March

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Really like the Xenoblade-like to the game and yes the Xeno subreddit already made a joke about everyone’s favourite big red gorilla. Speaking of potentially over-levelled Pokemon I am wondering how they would handle that (presumingly you probably cannot toss a Poke Ball at them from the get-go). Will be curious to see how the story turns out.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
That's exactly how I'm seeing it. The one I'd be most hyped for would be Legends: Ho-oh set around the time the Tin Tower burned.

Ooh, that would be nice. Yeah, there's several ancient legends throughout the series that would be cool to see in Legends. Brass Tower burning and Ho-oh reviving the beast trio. The Original Dragon and the war between the two brothers. The Kalos War 3000 years ago and the creation of the Ultimate Weapon. The original Darkest Day. There is sooooo much potential for this series.

As cool as this series is, I also want them to revisit older regions as sequels (or more recent prequels). There's just so much potential that traditional remakes were missing out on.

I've been wanting this too ever since BW2 came out. There are so many regions that could use full sequels, and I'd love to see those as yet another game type up their sleeve. Kanto could definitely use a modern sequel that adds in some improvements from later generations, I'm sick of every Kanto game being a copy/paste job.

Honestly I know I'm probably in the minority but I would be completely down for even more spaced out generations. I hope they bring Johto and Unova to the Switch before giving us a gen 9, they can add in a couple of new Pokémon to make it feel more fresh. And I'd prefer if each is a different take on the region. A Johto prequel game set at the same time as the original RB. A Unova game set in the far future instead of the past. GF has seriously underused the world, lore and characters they've created by playing it too safe.

Yeah, there is definitely limitless potential for the gameplay and for these regions that they could definitely do a mix of varied takes on the different regions.

This announcement has finally opened us up to new possibilities and I haven't been this excited for the franchise since B2W2 came out.

Same. This feels like the first time since then that they've truly pushed the envelope.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
With Legends and the possibility of Mythicals being catchable without an event being required, I hope besides Arceus tha5 we get a sidequest where we can discover a Manaphy Egg and need to hatch it and one where we have to find a Shaymin in a field full of flowers and catch it to cheer up a sad and lonely elderly woman.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
It would be logical for Greninja to appear in this game
I wish they had gone with Greninja if only because Embore would have made a better fire starter; Cyndaquil is the only mon that doesn't fit the feudal theme. You have an archer, a samurai, and a ...zoo attraction. They couldn't have two starters from the same gen though. :/ and admittedly Samurott fits better than Greninja. Still, it would have been nice.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Choosing Sinnoh as the region for a pre region history is super interesting. Hokkaido, the region that Sinnoh is based on, wasn't really part of Japan until Japan colonized it during the Meiji period. During the Edo period, Hokkaido was known as Ezo and the Shoganate had only a small prescense around modern day Hakodate.

Hokkaido itself was populated with the Ainu indigenous peoples, who are quite distinct from the Japanese. A first contact type story in a Pokemon context would be amazing. I am super excited for this game.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I'm really impressed by that first trailer, the environments look so much better than anything in the Galar Region, I got a real Breath of the Wild feel from it, and it'll be great to get an Arceus! I'm not sure how I feel about the new catching mechanic, it doesn't seem quite as engaging as the classic battling or catches in Pokemon Go, but it's nice that we're getting something unique. I also like that the Starters are three taken from three different generations, though I perhaps would've preferred some other Grass starter besides Rowlet, because the Alola Starters were only recently made available in the Isle of Armour. Still, it's nice to see Oshawott and Cyndaquil back!

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I'm really impressed by that first trailer, the environments look so much better than anything in the Galar Region, I got a real Breath of the Wild feel from it, and it'll be great to get an Arceus! I'm not sure how I feel about the new catching mechanic, it doesn't seem quite as engaging as the classic battling or catches in Pokemon Go, but it's nice that we're getting something unique. I also like that the Starters are three taken from three different generations, though I perhaps would've preferred some other Grass starter besides Rowlet, because the Alola Starters were only recently made available in the Isle of Armour. Still, it's nice to see Oshawott and Cyndaquil back!
Fortunately for you, you can either yeet that Pokeball or battle and weaken it. The choice is yours.

Ultra Beast Lover

I wonder if we'll see the birth of Floaroma town. It's said that the place was a desolate hill and that nothing would grow despite the people planting flowers. Someone expressed gratitude for the blessing of nature and thus the hill exploded... with a bounty of flowers. Shaymin is said to have been involved in this. Maybe part of the story or a sidequest could be finding a Pokemon to bring life to a settlement, the player goes out and finds Shaymin as it makes flowers grow so the player has to catch it, bring it to the settlement, and when it refuses to help due to not trusting humans someone expresses gratitude towards the player for even trying so that gives Shaymin the encouragement to help out.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Curious to see what exactly you do in these games. Are there Gym leaders? An evil team? How big is Sinnoh here?

Red and Blue

Curious to see what exactly you do in these games. Are there Gym leaders? An evil team? How big is Sinnoh here?
I'm just picturing Cyrus and his commanders in traditional Japanese clothes and now I'm hoping Galatic is kept, lol

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Really like the Xenoblade-like to the game and yes the Xeno subreddit already made a joke about everyone’s favourite big red gorilla. Speaking of potentially over-levelled Pokemon I am wondering how they would handle that (presumingly you probably cannot toss a Poke Ball at them from the get-go). Will be curious to see how the story turns out.
kik806tr1vj61.png

Why is there a Lv. 81 Darmanitan in the baby starting area!?

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
It will be very exciting to learn more about the legendaries/mythicals (Arceus' thousand arm form please?) With the Sinnoh region having introduced some of the most in the series, I'm sure there will be tons of stuff to find out. Its theme of mythology makes it an ideal region to start off the Legends potential series of games.

Oh man, I wasn't expecting them to come out with a game like this. Aside from the Diamond and Pearl remakes, I'm REALLY excited for this game. I really hope they're able to do it justice and take their time making it rather than rushing... Since that's what many games seem to be doing these days (*cough* overhyped Cyberpunk *cough*). That being said, I wonder when we're gonna get the inevitable GEN 9 games now that we have the announcement of this and the DP remakes.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Maybe in 2023/2024 ILCA could give us a Let's Go Johto using BDSP's engine and then Gen 9 happens in 2024/2025. After SwSh turned out to be rushed and garnered complaints, they seem to be slowing things down and finding new ways to get more mileage out of each generation.
No, if Gen 9 is coming in 2023( since I doubt it's 2022) then DLCs are definitely coming next year. As of LG Johto( made by ILCA) they would come out in 2025 which means 2026 is Gen 10 because it's 30th anniversary.