• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Ultra Beast Lover

It'd be even better if you actually have to dodge out of the way of some stray attacks as you climb up to Arceus' resting place, you might even sometimes see one of the creation trio fall out of the sky before recovering and going back to the fight while the lake trio tries to hold them in this one area.

PokeAmi

Anyways! This may have been addressed earlier, but how do you think Arceus will tie into this game’s story, and how will you be able to catch him? If the player doesn’t get Arceus in his namesake game, I’m going to LOSE. IT.
Also, the missing Mythicals, not just from Sinnoh. I miss Meloetta. :(
I'll really hope Arceus is at least more involved in the overall story, rather then just waiting for you at the the Spear Pillar at the end.

Kinda weird if you name a game after a Pokemon, calls it legends of said pokemon even and said 'mon is just chilling and waiting for you to play some flute tunes for it, you catch it and then the credits roll...and that was Arceus role in the whole game... Really hope not.

This game need to have a more deeper story then the usual games, especially as a single player only and no League(it seems for now).

Like first thing that comes to mind. If GF decided to focus on a more advanced story, maybe something similar to Princess Monoke from Studio Ghibli? But I would also like something about Giratina's banishment. Like maybe Gira returns to get revenge on Arceus?

We're a month away from E3, so I hope they will reveal more about the game and about Arceus involment, if we're lucky.

Ultra Beast Lover

I did read a theory on TV Tropes that Arceus could have become human. It's not too unprecedented, we know from Mystery Dungeon that it's possible for people to become Pokemon so it's also possible that they can become human and we did see something that allowed a Mew and its Pokemon form to split so maybe one of the humans in game turns out to be Arceus. Although, I would like it if it turned out that the player character was hosting Arceus' soul because Arceus got curious and as you progress through the game it allows you to gain several new abilities.

PokeAmi

I did read a theory on TV Tropes that Arceus could have become human. It's not too unprecedented, we know from Mystery Dungeon that it's possible for people to become Pokemon so it's also possible that they can become human and we did see something that allowed a Mew and its Pokemon form to split so maybe one of the humans in game turns out to be Arceus. Although, I would like it if it turned out that the player character was hosting Arceus' soul because Arceus got curious and as you progress through the game it allows you to gain several new abilities.
That would be interesting actually. I don't think we ever had a pokemon disguised as a human as a plot point in the mainline games? (though didn't a Zoroark disguise itself as N in Black/White games at some point?).
In the anime/movies too some pokemon can transform to a human, like Latias did in the fifth movie to not get attention drawn to it.
So it wouldn't be a farfetch'd idea that the Alpha Pokemon could also become a human aswell. Considering also the mystery dungeons games.

But I definitely hope your character get some sort of special connection to Arceus atleast. More then just throw a ball at it to get it registered in the Pokedex.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Would love it if the old chateu was in the game but pristine with the ghosts still alive and everything. It would be cool if in BDSP we even find some thing that looks out of place, like a pokeball from old times only to find in legends arceus our player character left it there. Or something to that effect.

Ultra Beast Lover

The old Chateu, or I guess the Chateu, would be interesting. Of course we probably won't see the event that got it abandoned unless Charon or Cyrus just randomly decided to fill it with modern stuff for Rotom to play with but we could at least learn its history and why someone just placed their house in the forest.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Tbh I hope this game really makes it so that it is separate from Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/ Shining Pearl but yet intertwined.

The only thing I can think of that would make this superb is if the player character isn't from the game's era and actually time traveled from modern day Sinnoh and must find Arceus to get back home. With it, explore the lore and such. This would give us, the player, a first-person feel of things (not having to expect to know how the setting is supposed to be and actually discovering things for ourselves kind of like what Link had to go through in Breath of the Wild).

PokeAmi

This has probably already been mentioned, but I always been curious about Arceus and the Unowns connection. If we don't get any answers about in this game, I'll fear the chance of getting to know later is low.
Are they simply servants that can be summoned or are they considered a part of Arceus, just like sentient? Etc.
They seems to also live in the dimension that Arceus sleeps in. (at least according to the 12th movie).

Atleast they somehow give him more power as the HGSS Arceus event seems to suggest.

Ultra Beast Lover

This has probably already been mentioned, but I always been curious about Arceus and the Unowns connection. If we don't get any answers about in this game, I'll fear the chance of getting to know later is low.
Are they simply servants that can be summoned or are they considered a part of Arceus, just like sentient? Etc.
They seems to also live in the dimension that Arceus sleeps in. (at least according to the 12th movie).

Atleast they somehow give him more power as the HGSS Arceus event seems to suggest.
Well if AlmightyArceus' theory is right the Unknown might only be one of Arceus' thousand arms. I think we'll learn more about the unknown connection between the two as we will need a connection to the Unknown Ruins, maybe we'll even learn about the Ruins of Alph by extension.

PokeAmi

Well if AlmightyArceus' theory is right the Unknown might only be one of Arceus' thousand arms. I think we'll learn more about the unknown connection between the two as we will need a connection to the Unknown Ruins, maybe we'll even learn about the Ruins of Alph by extension.
I'll completely forgot about Arceus thousand arms, lol.
But that seems very plausible. Since Unown have reality warping abilities it makes sense that they are the "thousands arms" that helps shape the world.

Ruins of Alph and the Sinjoh Ruins would definitely be cool to get a bit of backstory about and see in 3D no less. I wouldn't mind either if we could get some sort of ruin puzzles in each place or have to do research in there.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Talk about an early ass release. Not even at least 3 months after BDSP release.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
The artwork is gorgeous, my goodness. Gives off a *lot* of PMD vibes.

Unfortunate that the release date is so soon after BDSP. Shouldn't be an issue with getting it- moreso an issue with an earlier release date meaning they're more confident in the product they have now than (I) would have anticipated. I don't think graphics are the end all be all, but at some points the rendering and framerate shown in the reveal trailer was downright pitiful and I'd prefer the game to not be mitigated by what should be easy-to-fix issues by the most economically solvent entertainment brand on the planet. As the release date is so early i'm going to be veryyyyy pensive on preordering it as opposed to BDSP.

If no gameplay is shown until right before or after release that should be a five-bell sign that the issues are not fixed.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
People have speculated that we might not get Gen IX because of Legends. This Jan release date puts a hamper on that, I think.

Pokemon Power

People have speculated that we might not get Gen IX because of Legends. This Jan release date puts a hamper on that, I think.
After Legends, I believe we're gonna get one more game before Gen IX starts. Think about it. Gen I and II each had three mainline series games, Gen III and IV each had five, Gen V and VI each had four, and Gen VII had six. And so far, Gen VIII has five, and I think they want to stay even.