• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

SwordDude

I do like how dark pokemon make some return since the cube era. Ursaring especially has risen in my tier list as liked mons.

giphy.gif

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I wasn't expecting regional variants or new evolutions in this game, what a nice surprise! It looks like these new forms are also replacing HMs or their equivalents, so I'm wondering if they'll be like the rental Pokemon in Alola where you can summon them wherever needed, or if you actually have to catch one to use the feature. Either way I'm using everything that's been revealed here.

SwordDude

Wild area was child's play compared to these animations I'd say

I like the direction gamefreak is going, looks very promising also quite some improvements compared to the first trailer.

Lol it's the Xena Warrior Princess moves for me!

That's a pretty crappy game from what I've heard. shovelware titles at them finest in them times of old.

Ultra Beast Lover

Might also be the first game I actually use stat boosting moves. Usually I just attack until the opponent is down, I don't have a strategy, but with a boss if I did something like Agile style Calm Mind and followed it up with a stab move that could make battles easier. It wouldn't hurt to try.

I always wondered what went into a potion or a revive. Also, smoke bombs might be good for bosses

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
If there are trainer battles, imagine if there’s something like the very first Battle Tower in the post-game. Literally a dream. I won’t get my hopes up when the game already looks phenomenal but something like that would just take it over the top for me.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
One building I’d love to Get lore about in LA is the cathedral in Hearthome City being a place of worship for Arceus but over the years the true intention of the building was lost.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Lol it's the Xena Warrior Princess moves for me!
Olympia: Dawn, your ancestors send you a message:
Dawn: What did they say?
Olympia: She said to be careful with Ursaring, they are outta there to get your skin and feast on your body
Dawn: That was highly specific. Any tips?
Olympia: Here, have this shotgun

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Since Hisui is 'Old Sinnoh' im beginning to wonder where these New pokemon forms dissapeared to in 'Current' Sinnoh

Still don't think we'll transfer between the Games, but still interesting.

Red and Blue

Anyone still think that Rhyhorn from the first trailer is a Hisuian variant or was it just the lighting? They did show a normal Rhyhorn on the box art

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Since Hisui is 'Old Sinnoh' im beginning to wonder where these New pokemon forms dissapeared to in 'Current' Sinnoh

Still don't think we'll transfer between the Games, but still interesting.
I doubt that Game Freak will get this deep with their material, but it’s possible that part of the story of Legends will deal with the formal founding of Sinnoh and the ecological implications/consequences of colonization. The best thing to explain things like Wyrdeer being apparently prominent in Hisui but absent in Sinnoh, along with Stantler being very scarce in Sinnoh in the original games, would be that the impact of humans on the environment has reduced the area of suitable habitats for some Pokémon. If you compare the map of Hisui for Legends with the map of Sinnoh for BDSP, you can even see that snow coverage appears to be reduced, which could impact reindeer Pokémon.

Of course, this could all just be excused by the generational differences in real life and we could see some of these Hisuian forms and evolutions in BDSP, you never know!

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Of course, this could all just be excused by the generational differences in real life and we could see some of these Hisuian forms and evolutions in BDSP, you never know!

Like Alola Trades in LGPE, maybe.

Thats my best guess, since BDSP are supposed to be 'Faithful remakes'