• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Bus

Ah ok, thanks everyone. I've been super busy today, I watched it on my phone on mute at work and never bothered to actually watch it with sound when I finally got home because I figured I saw everything lol.

I get that names change over time, but its weird that they decided to rename it for this game. I wonder if they'll be some plot reason why it became known as Sinnoh later.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I really don't see Braviary in that yellow-glowing boss-like bird thingy.
oh my mistake, thought you were talking about another image

xayshade

Some things I like: I like the area. To me it looks vibrant and im glad theyre adding non sinnoh pokemon and updating old pokemon to make it more exciting. I hope the research missions dont get too repetitive or boring and are actually fun. Even though i dont really care about graphics, i am glad they updated things. No one wants a mad ursaring teleporting out of nowhere, or a 2 bit chingling floating around. The characters have some pretty slick designs.

What i dislike: Hisuan braviary and wyrdeer look kinda boring to me, especially hisuan braviary. I hope that the characters arent just the old sinnoh characters except not, and are actually original. And also, if we have to dodge pokemon in real time, then why is the regular pokemon combat turnbased? It just seems like they should pick one it could take you out of the action is all.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Some things I like: I like the area. To me it looks vibrant and im glad theyre adding non sinnoh pokemon and updating old pokemon to make it more exciting. I hope the research missions dont get too repetitive or boring and are actually fun. Even though i dont really care about graphics, i am glad they updated things. No one wants a mad ursaring teleporting out of nowhere, or a 2 bit chingling floating around. The characters have some pretty slick designs.

What i dislike: Hisuan braviary and wyrdeer look kinda boring to me, especially hisuan braviary. I hope that the characters arent just the old sinnoh characters except not, and are actually original. And also, if we have to dodge pokemon in real time, then why is the regular pokemon combat turnbased? It just seems like they should pick one it could take you out of the action is all.

My take on it is that we have real time pokemon encounters because we actually have to have some way to not get killed and to react properly to pokemon. Turn based for battle because I take it mechanic wise it was still more solid than real time battles and more easy to structure around.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Personally, I like the graphics in Legends since they have a similar to old calligraphy illustrations (I want to say with sumi water brushes, but I don't know for sure). They're not the most polished, but the fit with the games' overall aesthetic and give the world a more ancient feel.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I wonder if/how they’ll change evolution methods. Pokémon like Magmortar require modern convinces to be available. Either they’ll introduce items that are just past versions of their modern counterparts or they outright change them. There is precedent this generation of them changing evolution methods with the Sinnoh Eeveelutions, Magnezone, and Vikavolt.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I really liked the animation video as it turned into the box art. Kind of hoping that big cut scenes in this game will have that format,
It’ll be nice to see it implemented.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Hisuan braviary and wyrdeer look kinda boring to me, especially hisuan braviary. I hope that the characters arent just the old sinnoh characters except not, and are actually original. And also, if we have to dodge pokemon in real time, then why is the regular pokemon combat turnbased? It just seems like they should pick one it could take you out of the action is all.
The main thing that disappoints me about Braviary is the Psychic/Flying typing. We have so many Phychic/Flying-types now, so I would've preferred something else. According to Bulbapedia Hisui Braviary is based on a Stellar's Sea Eagle, which migrate to Hokkaido during Winter like how Braviary migrates to the Hisui Region, but what does that have to do with being psychic?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The main thing that disappoints me about Braviary is the Psychic/Flying typing. We have so many Phychic/Flying-types now, so I would've preferred something else. According to Bulbapedia Hisui Braviary is based on a Stellar's Sea Eagle, which migrate to Hokkaido during Winter like how Braviary migrates to the Hisui Region, but what does that have to do with being psychic?
Funnily enough, even the Legends page does not really explain how it came to be Psychic.

It can produce psychic shock waves. It has sixth sense, and can enter a trance state. How it came to possess psychic abilities, we don't know.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
This level of discussion is super disappointing! Usually there’s a huge hype around game news that it’s difficult to keep up with discussion but these games, the discussion on here is so slow! I want to read others thoughts, opinions and speculation! What’s going on? Has discussion moved to Twitter or something?

something I’d like to see in this game is introducing normal form evolutions for Farfetch’d and Corsola, as much as I love both Galarian versions, their original forms seem redundant now that their galarian forms can evolve. So I’d like to see Kanto Farfetch’d and Johor Corsola evolve normally in ancient times but as time has gone on and since both species are close to extinction or a targeted species in current times I’d like to see it that they lost their ability to evolve due to the species growing weaker

Last edited:

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Funnily enough, even the Legends page does not really explain how it came to be Psychic.

It can produce psychic shock waves. It has sixth sense, and can enter a trance state. How it came to possess psychic abilities, we don't know.
The only reasoning I have is that with Braviary having a war bonnet and being close to native american warriors, this Braviary has become a more enlightened mythic japanese-inspired warrior after living in the mountains. The eye markings really are just a visual cue for it's sixth sense.

I also feel like if there was a blizzard at night, Hissuian Braviary would still be able to see by using those eyes to sense his way though it.

DannyDiglett

Is it me or does Wyrdeer look more like regional variant of Stantler rather than an evolution? During the new trailer @ Pokémon Presents (before we got the inside information) I expected it being a Normal/Ice type Hisuian Stantler.

Last edited:

MrJechgo

Is it me or does Wyrdeer look more like regional variant of Stantler rather than an evolution? During the new trailer @ Pokémon Presents (before we got the inside information) I expected to be a Normal/Ice type Hisuian Stantler.
That's what I thought at first, but then again, Stantler is known for illusions and messing with travelers, so... Psychic is still logical ;)

Ultra Beast Lover

Bird Keeper Toby came up with an interesting theory. The idea is that Arceus is making the Pokemon mad because of something the humans did long ago, like the swordsman who killed a bunch of Pokemon, or it's trying to kill Cyllene because of what Cyrus attempts to do in the future.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I am so very hyped about all the new info we got :D
I am so happy that we are finally getting cross-generation evolution for standalone Pokemon again. Finally!

The Hisuian forms look pretty good. I wish that Growlithe was Fire/Dragon just because I love dragon types.

I am way more hyped about Legends than BDSP.