• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Can you sent a link? I haven't seen it myself. :)

E9kwKL0WYAcpvU8.jpg

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Oh hey so Pastures are our PC boxes. And glad to see there will be a whole bunch of customization options

Just what we needed! I honestly don't get the need to prioritize this feature so much as of recent generations. It gets me worked up every time when we have a new game and they for some reason go: "look we've got clothing options!" and people are suddenly paying attention.

I know I might be oldfashioned, but I play games for the story/adventures.. But clothing options is like the least necessary part a game needs to have.

"Hell yeah, I can choose between skinny jeans and torn jeans in between saving the world! But before I get to that, do I match it with a green or purple sweater?! Choices choices!"

It's a Pokémon game people.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Only thing is...they could keep most of these mechanics to the Legends: games. While the mainline gen games could be modified versions of SWSH

Absolutely not!

Legends is what SWSH should've been. It is what I've been waiting for the Pokémon series to become for many years now. I've been saying since Black & White that Pokémon should adopt the Active Time Battle system, and now it has! In fact, I've stated that Final Fantasy XIII's variant of the ATB system is precisely what Pokémon should have.

I'll be honest, I never thought in a million years I'd get the game I've always dreamed of, but Pokémon Legends is slowly turning into that dream. I truly hope Gen 9 continues it.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Absolutely not!

Legends is what SWSH should've been. It is what I've been waiting for the Pokémon series to become for many years now. I've been saying since Black & White that Pokémon should adopt the Active Time Battle system, and now it has! In fact, I've stated that Final Fantasy XIII's variant of the ATB system is precisely what Pokémon should have.

I'll be honest, I never thought in a million years I'd get the game I've always dreamed of, but Pokémon Legends is slowly turning into that dream. I truly hope Gen 9 continues it.

I feel the same and hope it does continue. Even if it doesn't, we can't deny this certainly will help GEN 9 be better in design when it releases.

If Gen 9 doesn't utilize this gamestyle, I'll still get it, but will definitely look forward more to the next Legends game

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
No, people have come to Hisui. Lian has probably travelled her from Unova.
Game Freak stated in an interview that Clay was designed as a Japanese immigrant who moved to America to live the American Dream and strike it rich. It makes perfect sense for Lian to be here.

Sponge

I was just thinking....so far the wardens have been in charge of protecting Pokemon that are also transportation Pokemon. The only warden we know that protects a Pokemon we don't know already is Arezu, who protects a "certain lady Pokemon".

I wonder if this is that Pokemon? (maybe it's a more feminine evolution of Nuzleaf?)

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I was just thinking....so far the wardens have been in charge of protecting Pokemon that are also transportation Pokemon. The only warden we know that protects a Pokemon we don't know already is Arezu, who protects a "certain lady Pokemon".

I wonder if this is that Pokemon? (maybe it's a more feminine evolution of Nuzleaf?)
Very well could be the case.

EDIT:

This Photo makes me think that the Arc Phone is an actual device given to us by Arceus. As a way to communicate and aid us in what we must do to help out the region for the plot.

hltk5ia569q71.png

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

Just what we needed! I honestly don't get the need to prioritize this feature so much as of recent generations. It gets me worked up every time when we have a new game and they for some reason go: "look we've got clothing options!" and people are suddenly paying attention.

I know I might be oldfashioned, but I play games for the story/adventures.. But clothing options is like the least necessary part a game needs to have.

"Hell yeah, I can choose between skinny jeans and torn jeans in between saving the world! But before I get to that, do I match it with a green or purple sweater?! Choices choices!"

It's a Pokémon game people.
Well one of the reasons people like games is because they get to experience a story on their own. They get to pretend to be the hero and do all the things they can't do in real life. But, there's always a disconnect, and after a while it becomes less your adventure and more someone else's adventure that you're just sitting through, so things are added to make it more about the player's adventure. Things like bonding with characters, choosing your weapons, and optional sidequests are added to give the player a choice in their own personal adventure. So it stands to reason that people like customization because it adds to the immersion. It lets people dress closer to how they want to dress and make the trainer more their own.

Also it livens up cutscenes on repeat playthroughs. You can use outfits to make serious scenes comical, wear something inappropriate for the climate like a swimsuit in the mountains, or make the character look cooler

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Well one of the reasons people like games is because they get to experience a story on their own. They get to pretend to be the hero and do all the things they can't do in real life. But, there's always a disconnect, and after a while it becomes less your adventure and more someone else's adventure that you're just sitting through, so things are added to make it more about the player's adventure. Things like bonding with characters, choosing your weapons, and optional sidequests are added to give the player a choice in their own personal adventure. So it stands to reason that people like customization because it adds to the immersion. It lets people dress closer to how they want to dress and make the trainer more their own.

Also it livens up cutscenes on repeat playthroughs. You can use outfits to make serious scenes comical, wear something inappropriate for the climate like a swimsuit in the mountains, or make the character look cooler

Indeed, as much as I can connect to protagonists in games, its been always different for Pokemon.

I'm blonde, there has never been a blonde protagonist in Pokemon. Always black or brunette. Barry is the closest.

So since having the ability to change the hair color it has helped immensely to feel more connected that I am the trainer in the game.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Serebii listed some new items, this one seems the most interesting-

Substitute Charm 1- strange charm that will disappear in place of another item for some reason when fainting. One of 5 colors.

So looks like we could lose certain crafting items if we faint.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
One could ask the same thing about Link having a smart tablet in BotW when Hyrule doesn’t have electricity providing light and heat or even indoor plumbing. There is plumbing but it all connected to fountains and outdoor structures. It’s a game. Not everything needs to have a rational explanation as to why they are in the games.

The difference is BotW takes place in a post-apocalyptic world, 100 years after such advance technology was widespread, so people do know about those things.

Legends takes place hundreds of years before the existence of such technology, even the modern PokéBall. If you're telling me a full-ass smartphone can exist prior to Bill's PC storage unit, there's some f*ckery going on here.

An Ultra Beast better pop out of a wormhole by the end of the game.

Kingudora

My favourite
Really curious about the move stats for Stone Axe. Most likely not 140 power 70 accuracy 5 PP

I can see it being Rock-type version of Liquidation, since their aren't that many Rock-type moves around that base power hallmark. It also seems to be a contact move, which isn't that common among Rock-type moves.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
The difference is BotW takes place in a post-apocalyptic world, 100 years after such advance technology was widespread, so people do know about those things.

Legends takes place hundreds of years before the existence of such technology, even the modern PokéBall. If you're telling me a full-ass smartphone can exist prior to Bill's PC storage unit, there's some f*ckery going on here.

An Ultra Beast better pop out of a wormhole by the end of the game.

Magearna, Magnemite line and Az's weapon still exist before this game as well.

But I get it, my belief although it still sounds silly is that the Arc Phone is created by Arceus in some way for the player to use at the beginning of the game.

It reads that the design and power are intentionally mysterious and strange, this isn't man-made.

TRNRLogan

Magearna, Magnemite line and Az's weapon still exist before this game as well.

But I get it, my belief although it still sounds silly is that the Arc Phone is created by Arceus in some way for the player to use at the beginning of the game.

It reads that the design and power are intentionally mysterious and strange, this isn't man-made.
Also it ain't even that long ago. This isn't feudal Hisui it's more Industrial Revolution Hisui.