• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The starters I don’t mind if they don’t have new forms or evolutions. It’s some of the other Pokémon that I think deserve them more.

Orphalesion

Am I the only one who doesn't want new starter forms? Like that would open up a can of worms that I don't want open. Like people are gonna beg for more starter changes, or talk about how unfair it was. Or gamefreak will just keep giving starters regional variants, instead of pokemon that need them.

The only reason I would like regional forms for these three starters is that I don't like any of their final-evos all that much (Decidueye is ugly, Thyplosion is boring, and yeah Samurott is okay, but not my favourite either...)
So unless they have come up with regional forms that look better (which, for the record, I don't find all that likely, since I kinda doubt they'd give starters regional forms) I'll have to box my starter in this game (or whatever the equivalent of the boxes is in Legends)

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
So some info on Zorua and Zoroark

-The species were actually formed when packs of Zoroark left their region after being shunned and chased out due to their illusions. Unable to survive in the harsh climates, they were reborn as ghost types. So them being weaker to dark makes sense cause they literally died.

-Both forms emit illusions via the tendrils of their fur, both use illusions of their target's fears to draw power.

-They dislike humans, are very wary, feed off of terror and Zoroark is extremely distrusting of strangers and overprotective of what it considers family.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Can we still attack ourselves during the battle? Or do we simply take damage?

The self-attacks only seem to be for Noble Pokemon Battles due to we need to throw specific Balms at them. As for damage I am unsure, due to I thought when the player showed being too close to Lucario during Luxray's Wild Charge it looked like they took damage.

But now going over it I think its mostly for grounding the character/player in the reality that they of course would be affected by attacks if they were too close to the battle.

I would hope it has some affect because then that adds some more strategy to being safe. But it could really just be that you don't take damage when Pokemon are out.

Totodi1e

The silent boy of mystery!
Still can't get over the Normal/Ghost typing. Literally the last thing I'd imagine for a regional variant of Zorua.

Plus I always thought the first Pokemon with that typing would be based on a Zombie, lol
Plot twist: they actually died and reborn as this form of Pokémon.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
The information provided in here now makes much more sense. Zoroark developed a hatred for human-kind which is why the researcher was deemed as danger and thus attacked.

e3dRjw2.png
omg that's so sad...
I do wonder where the normal type comes from though. Is it because they seem to have physical bodies still or does anyone have any ideas on that?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The self-attacks only seem to be for Noble Pokemon Battles due to we need to throw specific Balms at them. As for damage I am unsure, due to I thought when the player showed being too close to Lucario during Luxray's Wild Charge it looked like they took damage.

But now going over it I think its mostly for grounding the character/player in the reality that they of course would be affected by attacks if they were too close to the battle.

I would hope it has some affect because then that adds some more strategy to being safe. But it could really just be that you don't take damage when Pokemon are out.

My guess (and hope) is that we have to get close enough to throw a Ball at the pokemon, and thus we gotta plan our steps carefully.

I really hope that's the case, 'cause that would be dope.

The information provided in here now makes much more sense. Zoroark developed a hatred for human-kind which is why the researcher was deemed as danger and thus attacked.

e3dRjw2.png

But how did Zorua manage to get from Unova all the way to Hisui?

Unless the two are much closer than I thought, I'm confused.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
omg that's so sad...
I do wonder where the normal type comes from though. Is it because they seem to have physical bodies still or does anyone have any ideas on that?

Most likely because they do have physical bodies. But more importantly it was given to them to not be a standard mono-ghost type with the same weaknesses.

My theory is by impersonating people via Illusion to get onto boats leaving from Unova to Hissui for settlers/travelers. Wouldn't be pushing cause that's literally how Zorua and Zoroark left Sinnoh in the movie.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
My guess (and hope) is that we have to get close enough to throw a Ball at the pokemon, and thus we gotta plan our steps carefully.

In the BW games there's a cave that connects to the Sinnoh region if I'm not mistaken

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
In the BW games there's a cave that connects to the Sinnoh region if I'm not mistaken

Its connected metaphorically.

Since once you enter there is just 3 pools of water which the Lake Trio will appear in, so its "connected" to the Lake Trio. After which they'll wander Unova and you have to catch them.

The cave is also shaped like each of the Lake Guardian's caverns.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

Considering the intention of humankind was to migrate Zorua, I can assume it could be done via capturing once their disguise broke off. That would allow for a mass-transfer between regions whom later be abandoned at Hisui to their fate.