• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Ultra Beast Lover

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Something I noticed regarding the Heavy Balls description in Switch News: it mentions that Heavy Balls, true to their name, has a shorter trajectory when thrown than other Poké Ball types.

Has this ever come up prior in this game's pre-release information? I didn't know different Poké Ball types were thrown in different ways until I read that.

Ultra Beast Lover

Something I noticed regarding the Heavy Balls description in Switch News: it mentions that Heavy Balls, true to their name, has a shorter trajectory when thrown than other Poké Ball types.

Has this ever come up prior in this game's pre-release information? I didn't know different Poké Ball types were thrown in different ways until I read that.
Yep, it's on the website

nickdt

My guess (and hope) is that we have to get close enough to throw a Ball at the pokemon, and thus we gotta plan our steps carefully.

I really hope that's the case, 'cause that would be dope.

But how did Zorua manage to get from Unova all the way to Hisui?

Unless the two are much closer than I thought, I'm confused.

I mean, do Zorua and Zoroark really come from Unova though.... i mean... the only way you can get them in Unova is via in-game gift in BW2 and you need fateful encounter Celebi in BW... so you can't even get them in Unova in the wild. You can get them in ORAS (Hidden encounter after defeating the box legends), in USUM and in the Galar DLC. So this kinda implies Zorua and Zoroark are Hoenn Natives instead of Unova natives, but they migrated away from Past Hoenn to Past Sinnoh and this is why you cannot get them in the OG Hoenn games (Since people assume ORAS is a different timeline). There is also the thing that the Alola and Galar Zorua seem more friendly and comfortable around humans/friends as well compared to the Hisui one and the other Zorua in other regions.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
you know I never thought about it this way, In this case, I wonder if Arceus himself will be promotional or in game material...

Well, it is to be known that Arceus is indeed a Mythical. Therefore it has always been event based.

Though, the game does revolve around it and is the titular Pokemon of the game, so I would assume it is indeed catchable.

Even if you have to 100% the game in order to, I still think you'll be able to get it in some way.

Karnine

Master Zoroark
Well, it is to be known that Arceus is indeed a Mythical. Therefore it has always been event based.
Though, the game does revolve around it and is the titular Pokemon of the game, so I would assume it is indeed catchable.

Even if you have to 100% the game in order to, I still think you'll be able to get it in some way.
If you remember the original Diamond an Pearl games Arceus was only accessible only by Action Reply aka cheating only because #Blame Game Freak for thinking it was to hard to understand to kids back then so the event never officially happend.

So with the new Switch versions an legend of Arceus coming next year game freak probly now realizing it was not complex for kid/adult gamers to figure the cancled event

Ultra Beast Lover

If you remember the original Diamond an Pearl games Arceus was only accessible only by Action Reply aka cheating only because #Blame Game Freak for thinking it was to hard to understand to kids back then so the event never officially happend.

So with the new Switch versions an legend of Arceus coming next year game freak probly now realizing it was not complex for kid/adult gamers to figure the cancled event
I'm still confused as to why they thought it'd be too complicated for kids. Literally the most complicated thing about it would be knowing to go to Mount Coronet and then catching Arceus. Otherwise it's just: get flute from event, go to Spear Pillar, go up the steps, and catch Arceus. Unless they only programmed the ending of the event into the game, I'm not sure what was so hard for kids to understand.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
I just had a thought, and I'm sure everyone else thought this too and I'm just late to the party. But honestly, this would be the perfect game for different forms Voltorb/Electorb and Fungus/Amongus as well. They both must have evolved to look like Pokeballs, and since we are getting the first pokeballs in this game, it would fit to see both those lines show up without the pokeball theme.

Ultra Beast Lover

I just had a thought, and I'm sure everyone else thought this too and I'm just late to the party. But honestly, this would be the perfect game for different forms Voltorb/Electorb and Fungus/Amongus as well. They both must have evolved to look like Pokeballs, and since we are getting the first pokeballs in this game, it would fit to see both those lines show up without the pokeball theme.
Fungus/Amoongus are possible but Voltorb/Electrode are stated to come from a pokeball factory

ShadowForce720

Fungus/Amoongus are possible but Voltorb/Electrode are stated to come from a pokeball factory
To be fair that doesn’t mean that Voltorb/Electrode couldn’t get regional forms, as they could just do it similar to the situation that did with the Galarian Forms of the Legendary Bird Trio.

Where even though it’s a completely different mon it still share the same name and called a regional variant.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Well maybe that version of Voltorb comes from a pokeball factory, but it's ancestor doesn't? I mean a lot of people think Voltorb is silly (I don't) so adding a ancestor that leads it to adapt to the pokeball look, would kinda fix that. But of course this is a personal opinion haha. I just think it would be cool is all.

Luthor

I'm hoping that whatever happens we also get to see some more signature moves like Stone Axe. I think that there's a lot of potential with the new pokemon & regional forms for some creative moves.