• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
So if you have a Sword and Shield save file you will unlock two things.

A Shaymin Kimono set from the Clothier in the village.

As well as a Research Request to find/catch Shaymin in the Post-Game.
Where was this announced? I don’t see anything on the English Pokemon YouTube channel.

Red and Blue

So if you have a Sword and Shield save file you will unlock two things.

A Shaymin Kimono set from the Clothier in the village.

As well as a Research Request to find/catch Shaymin in the Post-Game.
Kind of surprising it's the SwSh data that unlocks this instead of BDSP

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I hope the wild Pokémon will have different dispositions on humans depending on how they are. For example a Pokémon could be, Friendly, Neutral, Scared, Angry, Hostile, or even Repulsed. For example a Friendly Pokémon will walk up and interact with you while A Repulsed Pokémon will not only attack on sight but make a True Effort to chase you down and finish you should your Pokémon Lose to it. Alternatively a Sacred Pokémon will simply flee from you while an Angry one may warn you a few times before attacking. That would make for a truly immersive and living Pokémon World.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
From Serebii (for those unaware):

The Pokémon Battle Festival Asia 2021 has been announced for Asian markets including Malaysia, Singapore, the Phillipines, Thailand, Taiwan and more. This event will have special showcases of Pokémon Legends Arceus, as well as a tournament in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, a UNITE showcase and competitive elements for Pokémon GO and Pokémon Trading Card Game. This will be in various events starting with GO qualifiers on November 26th running up playoffs in February and beyond. We'll provide any further details as they come

Technomage

Can we assume that the whole (other than fossils) Sinnoh dex will be in this game, since it's the same region?
Maybe, though since the Hisuian Pokemon and regional variants didn't appear in modern-day Sinnoh, who's to say that the whole Sinnoh Dex was there from the very beginning (and not decades or centuries after the colonization of Hisui)?

Autobot N

At the very least I doubt Porygon and its evolutions are showing up in the past
Speaking of that kind of thing, I remember hearing some (obviously fake) rumor about a Hisuian Mewtwo showing up in the game. I struggle to comprehend how an artificial Pokemon cloned from another Pokemon in the modern era Kanto region could have a regional variant in ancient Hisui

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Speaking of that kind of thing, I remember hearing some (obviously fake) rumor about a Hisuian Mewtwo showing up in the game. I struggle to comprehend how an artificial Pokemon cloned from another Pokemon in the modern era Kanto region could have a regional variant in ancient Hisui

Time/space shenanigans via Dialga and Palkia? I mean we've already got a freaking smartphone, so clearly anachronisms are on the table, but they'd definitely have some 'splainin to do.

ShadowForce720

Time/space shenanigans via Dialga and Palkia? I mean we've already got a freaking smartphone, so clearly anachronisms are on the table, but they'd definitely have some 'splainin to do.
Actually it wouldn’t be that hard to explain how a Hisuian Mewtwo exists as it doesn’t need to really be related to the standard Mewtwo in anyway.

Heck if you look at the Galarian Legendary Bird Trio despite supposedly being regional variants of the Kantonian Legendary Bird Trio they are actually implied to be separate Pokémon entirely that have nothing to do with the Kantonian Legendary Bird Trio.

With the only things they have in common with their Kantonian counterparts being their names and Dex numbers.

So a Hisuian Mewtwo could just be a Pokémon that may be vaguely similar to Mewtwo in appearance but isn’t a clone of Mew nor has anything to really do with Kantonian Mewtwo.

Basically the Galarian legendary bird Trio set a precedent that regional variants of a Pokémon don’t actually have to be related in any way to said Pokémon outside of sharing a name and Dex number.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
At the very least I doubt Porygon and its evolutions are showing up in the past
Oh man, it would be cool to see a pokemon like Porygon that the program would have been based on or something.