• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

TRNRLogan

Oh man, it would be cool to see a pokemon like Porygon that the program would have been based on or something.
Porygami would be sweet. An Origami themed pokemon that clearly inspired Porygon.

Doubt it'll happen.

Ultra Beast Lover

Speaking of that kind of thing, I remember hearing some (obviously fake) rumor about a Hisuian Mewtwo showing up in the game. I struggle to comprehend how an artificial Pokemon cloned from another Pokemon in the modern era Kanto region could have a regional variant in ancient Hisui
Yeah, Centroleaks posted it.

Manbis

Actually it wouldn’t be that hard to explain how a Hisuian Mewtwo exists as it doesn’t need to really be related to the standard Mewtwo in anyway.

Heck if you look at the Galarian Legendary Bird Trio despite supposedly being regional variants of the Kantonian Legendary Bird Trio they are actually implied to be separate Pokémon entirely that have nothing to do with the Kantonian Legendary Bird Trio.

With the only things they have in common with their Kantonian counterparts being their names and Dex numbers.

So a Hisuian Mewtwo could just be a Pokémon that may be vaguely similar to Mewtwo in appearance but isn’t a clone of Mew nor has anything to really do with Kantonian Mewtwo.

Basically the Galarian legendary bird Trio set a precedent that regional variants of a Pokémon don’t actually have to be related in any way to said Pokémon outside of sharing a name and Dex number.
Yeah no, implied or not, the birds CLEARLY look like the original ones so they are 100% connected / variants of them.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Yeah no, implied or not, the birds CLEARLY look like the original ones so they are 100% connected / variants of them.
The Galarian forms share their names with the originals due to a similarity they have with the Kanto counterpart. Articuno can “freeze” opponents with its psychic powers, Zapdos can kick with such high velocity that it sounds like crackling thunder, and the dark plumage that falls off Moltres looks like flames. They are definitely different Pokémon than their counterparts

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The Pokémon that definitely won’t be in the game due to being technologically advanced or man made are Type:Null/Silvally, the Porygon line, Mewtwo, the Galarian fossils, and Castform. The other fossils and Genesect could be possible if they are explained to be hiding in a very remote area that humans rarely visit. This could be the one chance to see what Genesect originally looked like. Magearna could possibly be found in Hisui. And Voltorb and Electrode could easily be found looking like different spherical objects.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
For Pokémon Legends: Arceus, the entire Porygon line could easily be based on origami cranes which is still popular in Japan.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I'm still confused as to why they thought it'd be too complicated for kids. Literally the most complicated thing about it would be knowing to go to Mount Coronet and then catching Arceus. Otherwise it's just: get flute from event, go to Spear Pillar, go up the steps, and catch Arceus. Unless they only programmed the ending of the event into the game, I'm not sure what was so hard for kids to understand.
I highly doubt it's because of any sort of ideas about what kids want, considering there have been other events involving items before the Azure Flute and after it. I think it's more because they couldn't schedule an event for it.

Time/space shenanigans via Dialga and Palkia? I mean we've already got a freaking smartphone, so clearly anachronisms are on the table, but they'd definitely have some 'splainin to do.
I figured from the moment the Arceus Phone was revealed that Dialga probably has something to do with it.

The same goes for the camcorder with that found footage video. The fact that the narrator says "7:06, no, 7:07 PM" suggests Palkia may have been involved too due to using 12-hour notation. (Japan uses 24-hour time notation, and from what I can recall, the Japanese narration has him using 12-hour notation).

Porygami would be sweet. An Origami themed pokemon that clearly inspired Porygon.

Doubt it'll happen.
Don't we already have Kartana for origami-themed Pokémon?

The Pokémon that definitely won’t be in the game due to being technologically advanced or man made are Type:Null/Silvally, the Porygon line, Mewtwo, the Galarian fossils, and Castform. The other fossils and Genesect could be possible if they are explained to be hiding in a very remote area that humans rarely visit. This could be the one chance to see what Genesect originally looked like. Magearna could possibly be found in Hisui. And Voltorb and Electrode could easily be found looking like different spherical objects.
Genesect I don't really see happening, as canonically, it was created by Team Plasma, or at least was made into its current form. Maybe whatever Genesect was based on, but certainly not Genesect as we know it.

Meanwhile, Rotom would be an underpowered and underappreciated Pokémon without any electrical appliances to reside in...

Nave

I hope they stick to the long-gone era mantra, and not include any man made/technology advanced Pokémon.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
That's been my guess ever since the Arc-phone was revealed. It might not play a role but its plausible.
Perhaps Celebi could be allowing time traveling. Dialga is typically in its own dimension and doesn’t seem to like leaving it unless it is absolutely necessary and even then it never time travels or reverses time with the exception of the Arceus movie. Dialga seems content with only freezing time if it is necessary and not much else. But Celebi Time travels all the time and can pass through the time barrier at ease and take anyone with it as it travels through time.

Luthor

Also with the way they revealedd zoroark with the video, it shows ties to the modern world.

Yeah that does give some more credence.

Perhaps Celebi could be allowing time traveling. Dialga is typically in its own dimension and doesn’t seem to like leaving it unless it is absolutely necessary and even then it never time travels or reverses time with the exception of the Arceus movie. Dialga seems content with only freezing time if it is necessary and not much else. But Celebi Time travels all the time and can pass through the time barrier at ease and take anyone with it as it travels through time.

For me either Dialga or Celebi are potentially possible (the movie you mentioned was my first thought) or it could be a natural Phenomenon (though this seems less likely)