• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Yeah, that's more accurate.

Okay, now hold the hell up. Since when did Stealth Rock deal direct damage? Did y'all catch that in the video?
Yup seems its been updated for this game.

Rumors are its not the only one.

Xuxuba

Like imagine if when you get to the midway point of the battle a message reads "Kleavor's Atk and Spd rose sharply!" and without warning it starts to throw out X-Scissor or Rock Slide at Lv 18.
That would make things less boring and more challenging for sure.
Even smaller boosts would make it feel less repetitive, as going through the same unchanged battle against the same pokémon over and over again seems rather repetitive.

Also, max Raid pokémon got huge hp, move boosts, impearmable shields and infinite PP, they also healed themselves from negative stats quite easily, so i don't see why Noble can't get a few power ups aswell. Even if you were battling with others when doing raids, it's not like you can't use the other 5 pokémon in your team after the first one faints.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
This trailer was honestly the best so far. Everything looked better than ever, the transition between riding Pokémon was seamless, the battle with Kleavor looked like a great time, the fact that trading was explicitly confirmed, having our own room in Jubilife Village, the ways that your Pokémon help interact with the environment and gather materials… it all just looked great.

This seriously looks like the Pokémon game I’ve always wanted. If there is any depth to the story at all - and by that I mean meeting or exceeding that of the Johto games is enough for me, honestly - then it’s probably going to easily be one of my favorites in the series. Only HGSS, GSC, Emerald, and SM look like they could be better (to me, subjectively) based on just what we already have, so if there’s nothing glaringly bad about it, it’s only upward from here. I’m sure there will be Pokémon excluded unfortunately, and I know that there will be other things here and there that aren’t perfect, but so far it’s all balanced out by the look and feel being pretty much perfect to me.

I’m too excited to even put into words and it almost hurts to have to wait two more weeks at this point! I’m seriously sitting here hoping my Amazon copy will somehow get here a day or two early - and I’ve taken time off work the day of release and the Monday after so I can immerse myself completely.

HappyHawlucha

If you look closely at the Kleavor fight, the turn before Stealth Rock is used, the text box reads "Kleavor adopted a hard hitting stance", to me this means that Stealth Rock potentially deals damage when its used in Strong Style, similar to other moves possibly, like Thunder Wave(assuming that's why they only showed Raichu using Agile Style Thunder Wave in the video).

Ultra Beast Lover

Thank goodness, it looks like, for the most part, we can choose when to continue the story. I know that sounds a little weird but I want to avoid story spoilers and grind my Pokemon to an appropriate level and I was worried about accidentally triggering cutscenes that would lead to a battle that I'm very unprepared for. With this I can just be like, "Ok, here's the story objective, just going to check with serebii to see if there's a fight here... alright, let's plan this out." Also, a very little part of me was worried it could be like Super Mystery Dungeon. Once you have a story objective you aren't allowed to grind before tackling it, you either do it or you don't do anything.

Also, just as I was starting to think, one way to gain money is via pokedex completion and awe you can catch Pokemon for the people in the village. I'll get the smallest ones... unless the person asking is a jerk/wants a large one.

Ultra Beast Lover

Awe I just noticed, Laventon has a little tree for Rowlet. That's good, now I won't feel so bad about ditching the other two. Was anyone able to see what he has for Cyndaquil and Oshawott?

D

Deleted member 384931

Awe I just noticed, Laventon has a little tree for Rowlet. That's good, now I won't feel so bad about ditching the other two. Was anyone able to see what he has for Cyndaquil and Oshawott?
I didnt see that. Tho I think it would make sense. I kinda hate they only used the base starters and not their evolutions so far

HappyHawlucha

I do wonder how many areas Hisui will be split into, because it seems like to me they could fit around 8 to 10 Obsidian Fieldland sized areas around the region, which could make sense given the rumour is that there is around 8 to 10 Noble Pokemon/Wardens .
I'm very appreciative that they've revealed next to nothing about the story campaign, just hoping that means they're keeping their cards close to their chest and not because they have nothing they can really show.

D

Deleted member 384931

I do wonder how many areas Hisui will be split into, because it seems like to me they could fit around 8 to 10 Obsidian Fieldland sized areas around the region, which could make sense given the rumour is that there is around 8 to 10 Noble Pokemon/Wardens .
I'm very appreciative that they've revealed next to nothing about the story campaign, just hoping that means they're keeping their cards close to their chest and not because they have nothing they can really show.
I fear that last option tbh ngl.

HappyHawlucha

I fear that last option tbh ngl.
But then again they've introduced quite a number of characters and set them up to be decently important characters in the story(Adaman, Irida, even the Wardens and Kamado & Cyllene, I do fear that Laventon's role will be reduced to a checkpoint flag for Pokedex completion much like the rest of the Professors.

D

Deleted member 384931

But then again they've introduced quite a number of characters and set them up to be decently important characters in the story(Adaman, Irida, even the Wardens and Kamado & Cyllene, I do fear that Laventon's role will be reduced to a checkpoint flag for Pokedex completion much like the rest of the Professors.
Yeah got the same vibes about Laventon.

Halkel

Experimentalist
The new trailer reveals a lot of new details, there's also small details in them that's missable.

During the Shinx Request, as they head to hand in Shinx, at time frame 7:30 they highlight Cyndaquil by default, down to Bidoof, then Starly to get to Shinx. There's an odd one out if you check their caught Pokeballs. Starly's Pokeball is blue on both sides that fades to white as it heads to the center. By color alone I assumed it was a Modern Dive Ball, but it still has the same lock mechanism as the Hisuian Pokeball even if the nozzle seen on the Pokeball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball and Heavy Balls we did see before is missing from it (and the pattern is not the same).

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
You know, I’m starting to wonder if we’ll be actually be able to nickname our pokémon. I know trailers never show this but I’m wondering how nicknaming will work since the way to capture pokémon is different from the classic formula.

I’m hoping we’ll still be able to though since I was planning on nicknaming my main team after the Kamuy from Ainu mythology

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

You know, I’m starting to wonder if we’ll be actually be able to nickname our pokémon. I know trailers never show this but I’m wondering how nicknaming will work since the way to capture pokémon is different from the classic formula.

I’m hoping we’ll still be able to though since I was planning on nicknaming my main team after Kamuy from Ainu culture
Oh why are you naming your team after that?

Ultra Beast Lover

I hope we can decorate our room just a bit. It's not a deal breaker if we can't but I'd like to add a little something like little beds and pretend my Pokemon use them. I'm also wondering who is part of the medics... Nurse Joy's original genetic template?

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
You can tell by the map art how many there are due to the scrolls hovering over them. These also seem to be how you select which one you want to go to via Jubilife.

That gives us 5 areas.

Obsidian Fiedlands
Snow
Marsh
Coast
Mt. Coronet

Since we see both Kleavor and Wyrdeer in Obsidian fieldlands, it is most likely two nobels per area.

1 to ride or use as a HM
1 to battle

Halkel

Experimentalist

I’m hoping we’ll still be able to though since I was planning on nicknaming my main team after Kamuy from Ainu culture
I'm sure the option is still there, maybe not after catching them (Like in Let's Go). They haven't really shown off all the details so there could still be a Name Rater somewhere.