• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Good. It didnt look very nice

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
True thing, I've never played a Pokémon game that wasn't leaked. In fact, the first video game leak I ever saw was for Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire in 2001, showing Duskull and Volbeat.

With all this hoopla and naysay about Pokémon Legends leaks, just keep in mind: something will be true. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't click a single link. If you think it's all fake, you're as delusional as those who think it's all real. Take it all with a grain of salt, and maybe a spoonful of sugar.

Orphalesion

Why are we even giving these "leaks" the time of day?
Again, I consider it fun. Yeah come up with your own version of the final starter evolutions, I'd love to see it! :)

Anybody remember waaaaaay back when, when they revealed only the silhouettes of the Gen 5 starters? It was so fun to see what kinds of Pokemon people came up with based on those silhouettes, and that's kinda how I view the fake leaks, it's fun to see what people come up with.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
What if the currently missing Pokémon in Gen 8 are locked to the postgame for Pokémon Legends: Arceus? It would make sense.
I’d love that.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Something that bothers me:

How is it that more evolution lines (like Zorua and Rufflet) are in Hisui than in Sinnoh? Was it mass extinction that led there to be only 493 Pokémon in BD/SP and in the original DPPt? I’m asking for lore reasons.

Autobot N

How is it that more evolution lines (like Zorua and Rufflet) are in Hisui than in Sinnoh? Was it mass extinction that led there to be only 493 Pokémon in BD/SP and in the original DPPt? I’m asking for lore reasons.
Hisuian Braviary are explicitly migratory, so they could have just stopped coming back to Hisui for whatever reason. The others all could have just died out or migrated to other regions.

But the real reason is that GAME FREAK ultimately doesn't care too much about lore consistency so they're not gonna let something like that stop them from adding new regional forms

Orphalesion

Part of it might also be that Sinnoh is the fully colonized, urbanized future of Hisui, so in Sinnoh a lot of natural environment has been destroyed by human settlement. So some of the Hisuian variants might really have become extinct, or have withdrawn into more remote areas where very few people are likely to go (for example the area north of the battle zone) And Hisuian Voltorb might have just evolved into regular Voltorb.

But I do expect that they will find a way to make them accessible in future games, just like with the other regional forms.

PokeAmi

Currently all I want to know is if False Swipe is a thing. That'll make catching Pokemon easier and it'll be the one time, outside of catching legendaries, that I actually want the move.
Gallade had False Swipe as one of its moves in the Reveal Trailer for the game, when its in a battle with Garchomp.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
What if the currently missing Pokémon in Gen 8 are locked to the postgame for Pokémon Legends: Arceus? It would make sense.

I doubt it. It seems Pokémon Home will simply link Sword & Shield, Legends, and BDSP together, allowing us to trade from the latter two in Sword & Shield.

After the addition of BDSP's Home compatibility, only 63 pokemon will be left unavailable in Sword & Shield. Best case scenario, Game Freak will just drop the other 63 into Sword & Shield before the year is up. I doubt that too, but we can only wait and see.

As for Legends, we still don't know what the entire game's roster looks like, so my numbers could very well be off.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Sαpphire

Johto Champion

Hisuian Braviary are explicitly migratory, so they could have just stopped coming back to Hisui for whatever reason. The others all could have just died out or migrated to other regions.

But the real reason is that GAME FREAK ultimately doesn't care too much about lore consistency so they're not gonna let something like that stop them from adding new regional forms
I feel like it’s almost certain that this will be addressed within the scope of Legends. While Game Freak has their share of lore/consistency issues, I think credit is due for them holding a lot of things consistent and keeping threads from game to game. There are explanations in-game for how Mega Evolution got involved with Hoenn, they pulled off a whole direct sequel with B2W2, they’ve incorporated internally consistent timelines for characters that appear or are mentioned in multiple regions - there’s a lot of examples. It seems almost impossible to me that they won’t address the presence of evolutionary lines like Basculin and Braviary, as well as the seeming extinction of many Hisuian forms and evolutions, when the game ultimately seems to be about how Hisui became Sinnoh in the first place.

Wyrdeer in particular is an excellent opportunity for a story about urbanization and climate change, as Stantler is still found in modern Sinnoh extremely rarely, suggesting a highly threatened range and low population. Perhaps they could explain that the conditions necessary for Stantler to evolve no longer exist and rely on having a sufficient population (Wyrdeer are mentioned as leading packs of Stantler) in the right cold, mountainous environment.

I wouldn’t be surprised if part of the reason also revolves around the changed relationship between humans and Pokémon by the end of the colonization of Hisui.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
But I do expect that they will find a way to make them accessible in future games, just like with the other regional forms.
If we can use fossil pokemon, then I'm like 99.99% sure we will have some sort of function for bringing those pokemon into the modern time games that will fit lore wise if it is confirmed that the pokemon went extinct.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
After the addition of BDSP's Home compatibility, only 63 pokemon will be left unavailable in Sword & Shield. Best case scenario, Game Freak will just drop the other 63 into Sword & Shield before the year is up. I doubt that too, but we can only wait and see.
If Gen9 isn't announced next month, I think we'll see the remaining Pokemon added into Sword and Shield. Especially since that game is going to remain the platform for the VCG.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Currently what are the list of Pokémon that aren’t available in LG/PE , SWSH or BDSP?
1. Snivy
2. Servine
3.Serperior
4. Tepig
5. Pignite
6. Emboar
7. Patrat
8. Watchog
9. Pansage
10. Simisage
11. Pansear
12. Simisear
13. Panpour
14. Simipour
15. Blitzle
16. Zebstrika
17. Sewaddle
18. Swadloon
19. Leavanny
20. Ducklett
21. Swanna
22. Deerling
23. Sawsbuck
24. Alomomola
25. Tynamo
26. Eelektrik
27. Eelektross
28. Meloetta
29. Chespin
30. Quilladin
31. Chesnaught
32. Fennekin
33. Braixen
34. Delphox
35. Froakie
36. Frogadier
37. Greninja
38. Scatterbug
39. Spewpa
40. Vivillon
41. Litleo
42. Pyroar
43. Flabebe
44. Floette
45. Florges
46. Skiddo
47. Gogoat
48. Furfrou
49. Hoopa
50. Pikipek
51. Trumbeak
52. Toucannon
53. Yungoos
54. Gumshoos
55. Crabrawler
56. Crabominable
57. Oricorio
58. Minior
59. Komala
60. Bruxish

Ultra Beast Lover

With Basculegion I'm thinking that either the conditions in Sinnoh actually got better or something drove the Basculin in the area to extinction, either way in appears that the Basculin have been unable to find the conditions they need for evolution in other regions. The conditions needed for Braviary and Wyrdeer changed, Braviary might've migrated to a place that had these conditions and Wyrdeer didn't have the right environment for evolution. Growlithe was probably bred into being the floofy puppy we know today. Voltorb became embittered towards humans, like Zoroark. As for the Zoroark line, we know that they can bond with a trainer. My guess is that, over time, people became interested in their illusion abilities and wanted them as entertainers for the settlements, humans not hating them and the environment becoming more hospitable caused the malice within them to vanish and the line dissipated... literally.

Of course, if the conditions in other regions are good, and as long as the species themselves exist, it's possible for these forms to be revived.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Why are we even giving these "leaks" the time of day? I could do the exact same thing but much worse and it would have just as much of a chance of being right as these.
I sort of get "here's a rendition of what I saw", but you need a gigantic amount of credibility to get away with it. For example, when single core Zygarde was shown at the end of a Pokemon movie, it was drawn out (maybe be Serebii himself), to show what it approximately looked like.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if someone hack on Deviantart decided to draw fake starters only for people to start believing them.