• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So who the bloody hell's idea was it to release the strategy guide in April?

No one's going to need it by then. The game comes out literally in less than 4 days.

I wish they kept the theme of more modest clothing, if i’m not mistaken i saw a character that was half naked, and I dont think that fits with their theme of it being all the way back in time. On the other hand, its the pokemon world so whatevs

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I hear there's going to be a strategy guidebook released for this game. I think I'll wait to read it before I decide if I'm going to play this game or not. The games sound a bit different than the standard Pokémon formula, and I'm not sure I like what I'm hearing. The games in general are starting to lose my interest, and not being able to save the game in the cartridge, as opposed to the console, means I'd essentially be starting over if I ever took the game out of the console. Don't really want to lose my progress and start from scratch.the games are evolving for the digital age, and I don't think I can keep up with the technology.
While I understand wanting to wait if your concerns are about gameplay changes, the location of your save data only really matters if you plan on selling your Switch without replacing it with a newer model, intend to manually erase its save data, or have to get your Switch replaced due to it breaking. As long as you keep the same Switch or do a transfer when you set up a new one, you’ll keep your save data. The game cartridge doesn’t need to remain in the console - and if you download the game digitally via the eShop, you can even delete the game and your save data will still be intact.

Even if you’re concerned about gameplay, I have only been seeing positive feedback about these games from people who have played the leaked version. Even people who thought it looked ugly or were initially concerned have been raving. I’ve been avoiding spoilers, so I can’t vouch for them, but it’s encouraging to hear that everyone is enjoying the games. I don’t know how long you’ve been playing, but I’ve been with this series for over two decades now - and I’ve been a bit disillusioned with the series in the past few generations myself. I get being apprehensive about the series continuing to change, especially if you also didn’t really love some of the recent games on the 3DS and Switch. Even so, I have to say, this looks like it could be the game I’ve wanted for a very long time, as a long-term fan. The choice is yours, but I’d advise you approach it with an open mind and make sure you come to the right conclusion, whichever way you go.

Red and Blue

Since the Hisuian starter's final forms are getting variants I'm really excited at the possibility of past starters getting them for Gen 9 and after

Orphalesion

Sadly I won't be able to buy the game on the day of release, I'm broke and my next pay day isn't until a week later. Though in a way this is good because I can spend a week watching tutorials and reading up on discoveries so I know what I'm doing ahead of time.

You're not alone. I have to work this weekend, so I will only be able to play it next week as well.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If we can transfer pokemon into Legends through Home, I'm planning on bringing in my Cyndaquil from Soul Silver and evolving it into Hisuian Typhlosion. I've had it since my first playthrough back when the HG/SS came out & I never evolved it and brought it over to several playthroughs, but since the starters are getting new forms I may have to make an exception

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
If we can transfer pokemon into Legends through Home, I'm planning on bringing in my Cyndaquil from Soul Silver and evolving it into Hisuian Typhlosion. I've had it since my first playthrough back when the HG/SS came out & I never evolved it and brought it over to several playthroughs, but since the starters are getting new forms I may have to make an exception

I doubt we'll be able to transfer from Home to Legends; I think we'll only be able to transfer from Legends to Sword & Shield, via Home.

I think the same will be the case for BDSP.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I doubt we'll be able to transfer from Home to Legends; I think we'll only be able to transfer from Legends to Sword & Shield, via Home.

I think the same will be the case for BDSP.
Legends, I agree, I don't think you will be able to put anything into the game.

However, with BDSP, there is a feature where showing some person a Pokemon from the original Sinnoh games gives you some sort of certificate.
Therefore, I think you can put Pokemon into BDSP.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
That trailer was just clickbait lmao
"Starters get new forms but here are silhouettes!"

I've already seen them cause I hate them withholding Pokemon reveals, especially as many Pokemon as I saw. And I'm just not a fan of them, I really wanted to see them in motion(They probably look better that way, especially Typhlosion) cause I'm at a lost as to who I'll choose. I was hoping to see that and not clickbait for a minute straight! -_-

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
*sobs in no Serperior*

my shiny Snivy line entourage from Go will have to stay there for another year…

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
*sobs in no Serperior*

my shiny Snivy line entourage from Go will have to stay there for another year…
Maybe we'll get the remaining Pokemon added into Sword and Shield this year...

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
That trailer was just clickbait lmao
"Starters get new forms but here are silhouettes!"

I've already seen them cause I hate them withholding Pokemon reveals, especially as many Pokemon as I saw. And I'm just not a fan of them, I really wanted to see them in motion(They probably look better that way, especially Typhlosion) cause I'm at a lost as to who I'll choose. I was hoping to see that and not clickbait for a minute straight! -_-
How to properly use a spoiler tag

Insert text

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Had an email to say my copy is shipping Thursday…..I’m desperately looking for somewhere which is open for a midnight release. My brother has his pass out parade on Friday so we gotta drive for 4-6 hours to see it so I won’t be able to get my copy from the post.

Baggie_Saiyan

Legends Arceus shipped! But unfortunately I got told that the delivery method got changed as to not have it arrive early as per Nintendo's request :(

Knew they were clamping down on early shipments. Oh well wasn't gonna have time to play it tomorrow anyway so suppose it doesn't matter too much