• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I am trying SO hard not to spoil myself, but it's getting increasingly difficult. lol

The game is so close, yet so far.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I would never trust pre-release reviews from big magazines who got the games early. Especially not the Nintendo focused magazines.

Embargos and partnerships in many cases results to reviews where flaws are getting shoved under the rug or reviewer not being able to properly play through the game. At the end the magazine who put their reviews online as early as possible are usually getting the most attention from the fandom.

Other than that I am eager the story and the quests since people say it's similiar to PMD.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I would never trust pre-release reviews from big magazines who got the games early. Especially not the Nintendo focused magazines.

Embargos and partnerships in many cases results to reviews where flaws are getting shoved under the rug or reviewer not being able to properly play through the game. At the end the magazine who put their reviews online as early as possible are usually getting the most attention from the fandom.

Other than that I am eager the story and the quests since people say it's similiar to PMD.

You shouldn't 'trust' anyone's review.

You should take it with a grain of salt and decide for yourself.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
This is why I canceled my physical preorder & got the game digitally. I went through the same problem with Brilliant Diamond and I wanted to try avoiding worrying about whether or not I’d get it on release day this time
I only like the physical for the preorder bonuses. I can see myself downloading the game tomorrow evening ready to play at midnight

Nave

Gamespot just released a good video review ^
They gave it a 8/10 but everything sounded glowingly positive other than a few performance issues.
I think there are some new mechanics and ideas that will make their way over to the main series games. This is an amazing testing grounds.

Doubl3_bot

Emolga enjoyer
Gamespot just released a good video review ^
They have it a 8/10 but everything sounded glowingly positive other than a few performance issues.
I think there are some new mechanics and ideas that will make their way over to the main series games. This is an amazing testing grounds.
Didn’t both gamefreak and Nintendo confirm this is main series

Nave

I guess it is in a way, but it's not main series in the sense that it's the start of a new Gen.
I don't want to post spoilers here, but there are some new mechanics that really shake things up.
I'm planning to make a thread asking what we'd like to throw away or keep. But I think that should wait until we've actually tested them out for ourselves.

ShadowForce720

I guess it is in a way, but it's not main series in the sense that it's the start of a new Gen.
I don't want to post spoilers here, but there are some new mechanics that really shake things up.
I'm planning to make a thread asking what we'd like to throw away or keep. But I think that should wait until we've actually tested them out for ourselves.
That literally hasn’t been the standard for main series games since gen 2. Both Pokémon BDSP and Legends Arceus have been confirmed to be main series games.

Basically this is the list of all the Pokémon games that are officially considered part of the main series games:

Pokémon Red, Green, and Blue
Pokémon Yellow
Pokémon Gold & Silver
Pokémon Crystal
Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire
Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen
Pokémon Emerald
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl
Pokémon Platinum
Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver
Pokémon Black & White
Pokémon Black2 & White2
Pokémon X&Y
Pokémon OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire
Pokémon Sun&Moon
Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu & Let’s Go Eevee
Pokémon Sword&Shield
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
Pokémon Legends Arceus

Nave

That literally hasn’t been the standard for main series games since gen 2. Both Pokémon BDSP and Legends Arceus have been confirmed to be main series games.

Basically this is the list of all the Pokémon games that are officially considered part of the main series games:

Pokémon Red, Green, and Blue
Pokémon Yellow
Pokémon Gold & Silver
Pokémon Crystal
Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire
Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen
Pokémon Emerald
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl
Pokémon Platinum
Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver
Pokémon Black & White
Pokémon Black2 & White2
Pokémon X&Y
Pokémon OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire
Pokémon Sun&Moon
Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu & Let’s Go Eevee
Pokémon Sword&Shield
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
Pokémon Legends Arceus
You know what I meant. It's a great deviation from the main series games, and introduces concepts that may or may not be used moving forward.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Yes. It might be minor, but this is the kind of thing that makes me wonder whether reviewer has any clue what they’re talking about. Viewing Legends as a spin-off just means they didn’t lift a finger trying to understand if it’s main-series or not and just ran with their own assumptions. It’s also disappointing because it means they missed essentially the whole point of why some people are excited - the fact that a core-series entry is trying to do so many things different.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Yes. It might be minor, but this is the kind of thing that makes me wonder whether reviewer has any clue what they’re talking about. Viewing Legends as a spin-off just means they didn’t lift a finger trying to understand if it’s main-series or not and just ran with their own assumptions. It’s also disappointing because it means they missed essentially the whole point of why some people are excited - the fact that a core-series entry is trying to do so many things different.

This is why I tell people not to trust any reviews at all.

Their opinion is just that. An opinion. I just watched the video for the new footage. lol

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
It’s too different.
Exactly how different is a game allowed to be before it's no longer a main series game? How did you determine that?

GameFreak considers them main series games. They're main series games. There really isn't a whole lot of debate to have on the subject.