• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Still no news on a Home update for this or BDSP, starting to take the mick now, at this rate, 9th gen will be here.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
ngl the HOME delay is actually starting to get ridiculous. I wonder if they're doing more work to make certain glitches obsolete.

Yea it is getting a bit old.

If anyone is running into camera issues, try moving down the camera/control sensitivity down to 1 or 2. 3 seems to be kind of bugged (it's the game default and can be adjusted).

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I am done with this game...literally. Took me a month to get through the game despite actually having the time needed to finish it in a couple of days.

I appreciate the effort of having new things in the game. Also new mechanics making the game a new experience that doesn't feel anything like the typical main game.

But this game is honestly a mess.

The graphics are bad. Nothing new here to say since I already said how I feel about the graphics.

Story is also very meh-ish. The plot itself is just super underwhelming and these rampaging guardian Pokemon are also barely plot relevant. They feel just like "here's your boss for area X" thing. Other than that there are some decent characters like Palina, which btw is my fav. side character in the game. Then there are characters like Melli who are absolutely unnecessary and annoying. Too bad since he is the first true g
enderbend/diverse character of the series. What a waste! The characters are okay-ish but thanks to the subpar plot they're absolutely under-developed.

The guardian fights were my highlights. They were very fun. The quests are okay but most of them feel and play the same. The main quests were boring. The general progression is just super repetive and you're practically do the same things over and over again.

After the swamp area you can notice the lack of exploration. The same thing I don't like about Zelda BotW. The areas feel empty and repetive. No villages except for the Pearl and Diamond villages in the areas. The seperate areas are not that big in generell. They're certainly not small but thanks to the borders reaching quite into the map, they feel quite cut, especially in the Coronet Highlands.

Now onto the mechanics. Oh boy...

The new changes towards the status effects are good. Confusion is gone (thank god), Frostburn is better than being frozen and that special cut makes physical Pokemon more attractive. The moveset reservoir is revolutionary. Having access to unlimited moves but having to choose four moves for a battle is perfection.

Then there is that "you can only command a move when it's your turn to attack". What a big load of bullshit. Like you K.O an opponent, they switch in a Pokemon with type advantage and directly kills your Pokemon without being able to switch. Also incredible stupid against multiple wild Pokemon. Why the heck they are also faster than you when you don't overwhelm them? That is just so stupid and in certain situations frustrating. Especially the final boss. Battle styles are also very flawed under these shitty mechanics. Being able to get attacked three times in a row is not fun. And why there are trainer using three Pokemon at once while you're only being allowed to use one?

Othet than that the motivation to catch all Pokemon is decreasing more and more. Regarding the final task in the main quest. I absolutely don't want to do it but I have to to finally get myself a legit Arceus in BDSP. Another dumb criteria to lock important Pokemon from BDSP.

And the new quests in the update. Super repetive and boring. This was just a stretch.

Yes, this more or less is a rant but this is probably the worst experience I had with Pokemon despite the first hours being actually enjoyable.

Last edited:

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Out of curiosity, how does everyone else handle the side requests in the game (if at all)? While I personally like them, I usually wait until I finish a mission to handle the side quests and try to finish them all before going onto the next area.

I’ve always liked the slice of life filler episodes of shows like One Piece or Fairy Tail, so I kind of see the side quests as something similar where the protagonist is going on fun misadventures to feel more at home in Hisui before advancing into the next arc of the story

Last edited:

PCN24454

Out of curiosity, how does everyone else handle the side requests in the game (if at all)? While I personally like them, I usually wait until I finish a mission to handle the side quests and try to finish them all before going onto the next mission.

I’ve always liked the slice of life filler episodes of shows like One Piece or Fairy Tail, so I kind of see the side quests as something similar where the protagonist is going on fun misadventures to feel more at home in Hisui before advancing into the next arc in the story
I mostly start a new area and then complete as many sidequests as I’m able to. I also tend to batch them by area. I have a lot of Iceland quests to complete.

I have to switch out my party, not only to complete PokéDex levels, but to keep my Pokémon from getting overleveled.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I mostly start a new area and then complete as many sidequests as I’m able to. I also tend to batch them by area. I have a lot of Iceland quests to complete.

I have to switch out my party, not only to complete PokéDex levels, but to keep my Pokémon from getting overleveled.
I’m actually planning on handling the Iceland & Daybreak missions a little differently now that I’m in the post game. Since I don’t know how long collecting the plates will take, I’m planning on doing them sporadically (along with filling out the pokédex) to space out interacting with each of the legendary pokémon

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Out of curiosity, how does everyone else handle the side requests in the game (if at all)? While I personally like them, I usually wait until I finish a mission to handle the side quests and try to finish them all before going onto the next area.

I’ve always liked the slice of life filler episodes of shows like One Piece or Fairy Tail, so I kind of see the side quests as something similar where the protagonist is going on fun misadventures to feel more at home in Hisui before advancing into the next arc of the story
For the record, I did pretty much everything all at once as they became available or whatever happened to be nearby. The game whisks me from one mission to the next anyway, and when I complete a request, the game defaults to whatever is the most recent mission. It's a really disorganized way to do it, but I did eventually complete everything required besides some fo the Daybreak ones.

Speaking of which, might there be a "Nightfall" DLC later?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Speaking of which, might there be a "Nightfall" DLC later?
I’m personally hoping for a Nightfall & a Twilight update

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Shouldn't Nintendo's quarterly report be out by now?

I'm trying to see if Legends managed a steady trend. While the game maintained its #1 spot in sales in Japan, the percentage drop is drastic. This leaves me to believe most of those who wanted to buy the game already did in February.

My hope is Legends has surpassed the $10 million mark, but we'll need to see all of North America and Europe to tell.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I think Legends, even without meaningful DLC, was the best way to end a generation that otherwise, to put it mildly, would have ranked as my least favorite in the history of the franchise by a country mile.

I'm excited to say that after a few weeks away, I'm about to replay it all over again with a totally new team. I'm thinking about focusing on Bug and Grass types this time and actually customizing my trainer a bit more. It would have been nice to be able to transfer to Home first, but I suppose nothing I caught really is that big of a deal to me besides my Umbreon, which I can get again rather easily. I still hope they add support soon.

This is the first game since like HGSS that I find myself truly excited to replay, honestly - the huge majority of my replay time goes to those, Emerald, and Gen 2 in general.

I'm hopeful that even if there's not more of Legends: Arceus to come, it serves as the foundation for new games, the turning point for the series, and the first step of a new renaissance for the franchise. And I hope that we get more Legends games sooner than later.