• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - Leak/Datamine Discussion Thread [Use SPOILER Tags]

BCVM22

Every game and every generation is responsible for inspiring a subset of people who cannot stand the game at time of release, and within a year they will be complaining the game isn't properly remembered or represented. It has very little to do with the game itself and everything to do with continuously saying "no no no, do THIS, not THAT."

Ryuuma

Is there any information about what each Noble pokemon and Ridable pokemon does?

P.S:
The thread is already a mess with a bunch of random spoiler tag with no information. And you guys pollute it even more with this dumb discussion about the quality of the games. Nobody cares, just leave the thread alone.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
Likely only cause of loud clowns throwing tantrums about not being able to use older gen mons and as a result we get complete disasters of pokemon games years after Gen 5 until Legends Arceus.
I disagree SMUSM was way better than XY.

Every game and every generation is responsible for inspiring a subset of people who cannot stand the game at time of release, and within a year they will be complaining the game isn't properly remembered or represented. It has very little to do with the game itself and everything to do with continuously saying "no no no, do THIS, not THAT."
I need receipts of this. I’ve have very little knowledge of anybody actively hating BW2 (maybe BW since lack of other Pokémon) XY and SMUSUM they way they’ve been with Generation 8 games which is before, during and after. This is revisionist history. It’s been almost two years since SWSH has been released and nobody is claiming anymore love for those games than they did before minus the DLC’s which was an add on.

You can even reduce this conversation and discuss HGSS and ORAS receptions during pre release and when they were released. Nobody had the same smoke for those remakes that they did with BDSP.

However of course when you bring this up, you’re being considered a “hater” or something like that. I haven’t really been paying attention to the story leaks so I’m taking word to mouth about Legends (which very well could be good based on other reviews like others pointed out) but discussing the reception of the past gen 8th games and comparing it to others is revisionist history.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I disagree SMUSM was way better than XY.
Every game after HGSS has been considered garbage, though the Gen 5 games are the first ones to be seen as classics in retrospect

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Each gen comes and there supposedly said gen is very hated. It is not true but that is the perception that some get.

Years later they then see that, in reality, the generation was loved by a huge majority all along.

Pokemon is huge enough where a cycle like this always happens each time. As someone who was actively (and I mean actively!) involved in Gen V's span, even I thought that it was the most hated generation until I realized that was not the case at all. It is why comments such as "Gen V was so underrated" are complete bs because they were never un-loved to begin with.

It is happening with Gen VI and certainly will happen with Gen VII and Gen VIII.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Every game after HGSS has been considered garbage, though the Gen 5 games are the first ones to be seen as classics in retrospect
It is abit offensive for me to call Pokemon games garbage. I love them all and its sad for me to hear them being called like that

Sham

The Guardian of War
Each gen comes and there supposedly said gen is very hated. It is not true but that is the perception that some get.

Years later they then see that, in reality, the generation was loved by a huge majority all along.

Pokemon is huge enough where a cycle like this always happens each time. As someone who was actively (and I mean actively!) involved in Gen V's span, even I thought that it was the most hated generation until I realized that was not the case at all. It is why comments such as "Gen V was so underrated" are complete bs because they were never un-loved to begin with.

It is happening with Gen VI and certainly will happen with Gen VII and Gen VIII.
So you’re saying years later I will notice that generation 8 was loved all this time (even now) and realize my mistaken perception of this current time? Also I know I’m being dramatic but I obviously don’t think anything GF/Pokémon releases will universally be disliked since some people like anything with Pokemon’s name slapped on it but I’m mostly comparing it to other games reception upon release.

Last edited:

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Which was always a silly complaint in my eyes, considering Gen 1 had "Pokeball with Eyes"
Agreed. For example, Klefki (especially shiny Klefki) is one of my favorite mons. It’s super underrated.

Teravolt

Anyways, back to the game. Does anyone know any concrete methods of shiny hunting? Or is it too early to tell?

Sham

The Guardian of War
Anyways, back to the game. Does anyone know any concrete methods of shiny hunting? Or is it too early to tell?
Apparently you occasionally get mass outbreaks of a Pokémon which is pretty cool and it effects your chances of getting a shiny

Teravolt

Apparently you occasionally get mass outbreaks of a Pokémon which is pretty cool and it effects your chances of getting a shiny
Basically like swarms but better?

Sham

The Guardian of War
Basically like swarms but better?
Yes but according to some they can happen simultaneously appear in different areas (not sure if swarms were the same thing) and a free shiny Ponyta is incorporated into the games like GCSHGSS if you didn’t know.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Is there any information about what each Noble pokemon and Ridable pokemon does?
Here is some text from the data dump that seems to be hint messages indicating some of the mechanics the Noble Pokemon use.

Battling Kleavor
When Kleavor charges at you, dodge to the side using the Y Button to evade his swinging axes. If you’ve positioned yourself well, he may crash into a wall or the tree in the center of the arena. This will be your chance to throw one of your party Pokémon’s Poké Balls and initiate a [VAR FF00(0006)]Pokémon battle[VAR FF00(0000)]!
Battling Lilligant
Press the Y Button at the right moment to dodge Lilligant’s wave attacks as they ripple out toward you. Remember that you’re [VAR FF00(0006)]invulnerable [VAR FF00(0000)]while dodging, so you can pass through the attacks without taking any damage.
Battling Arcanine
When Arcanine starts building up energy, that means he’s preparing to unleash a devastating pillar of flame that’s impossible to evade. Hit him with [VAR FF00(0006)]as many balms as you can[VAR FF00(0000)] during this phase to stop his attack in its tracks.
Battling Electrode
When it looks like Electrode is about to explode, hurry and get as far from it as possible! After the explosion, don’t miss the opportunity to send out your Pokémon to face Electrode in battle.
Battling Avalugg
While Avalugg’s barrage of attacks is ongoing, concentrate on dodging and wait for your chance to strike back. The powerful beam that Avalugg launches from his maw can be evaded with the Y Button if you use your brief [VAR FF00(0006)]window of invulnerability[VAR FF00(0000)] to dodge straight through it!

As for rideable Pokemon, I'm not sure about all of them but I know Ursaluna acts like an itemfinder and Sneasler is the equivalent of Rock Climb.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hi guys, any confirmation for if the Wurmple with the different colored spike is gone?? People were speculating that it could determine which Pokémon it will evolve into. Or is it still random??

Sham

The Guardian of War
I just preordered the game close to my job, so happy about that and
Hi guys, any confirmation for if the Wurmple with the different colored spike is gone?? People were speculating that it could determine which Pokémon it will evolve into. Or is it still random??

Some are saying it was just a mistake with the model

ShadowForce720

They introduced Giratina's Origin Forme back when Platinum released, so it makes sense that the other two would receive their own Origin Formes. I'm calling it now, when we get to the Unova remakes or some related game, for the Tao trio, we're gonna see Kyurem absofuse with both Reshiram and Zekrom at the same time, and see it's original form, before it split off, an Ultimate Kyurem.
Yeah, I do agree with you that when we get the Unova remakes or some related games and they revisit the Tao Trio that will most likely see the Original Dragon.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I saw a little bit of of the game when Poryleeks was streaming it, so the last thing I wanted to ask before I go back to avoiding spoilers is what’s supposed to be this game’s equivalent to gym badges.

Is it the rideable noble pokémon, the stars for your rank in the survey corps, or something else? If it is something else, please don’t let me know what it is since I want to wait and see after the game’s release

Last edited: