• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - Leak/Datamine Discussion Thread [Use SPOILER Tags]

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I saw a little bit of of the game when Poryleeks was streaming it, so I the last thing I wanted to ask before I go back to avoiding spoilers is what’s supposed to be this game’s equivalent to gym badges.

Is it the rideable noble pokémon, the stars for your rank in the survey corps, or something else? If it is something else, please don’t let me know what it is since I want to wait and see after the game’s release
It's the stars, basically they give you access to more balls and allow stronger pokemon to obey you.

Rain-and-Thunder

Wanted to wait a bit for this, but besides the intial hairstyles you get upon start have any of the others been revealed yet? Like ones you can go to a salon or so in game?

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
I have a question about one of the mechanics:
I've heard the other Hisuian starters are available via the Space-time rifts, does anyone know if the mechanic is limited to the post game? Or is it present during the main campaign but the starters themselves are post-game only?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Did we figure out where Manaphy and Phione are in the game?
Don't tell me if it's a story spoiler.

Edit: Actually, I think I figured this out thanks to Google searching and Reddit.

Nave

Each gen comes and there supposedly said gen is very hated. It is not true but that is the perception that some get.

Years later they then see that, in reality, the generation was loved by a huge majority all along.

Pokemon is huge enough where a cycle like this always happens each time. As someone who was actively (and I mean actively!) involved in Gen V's span, even I thought that it was the most hated generation until I realized that was not the case at all. It is why comments such as "Gen V was so underrated" are complete bs because they were never un-loved to begin with.

It is happening with Gen VI and certainly will happen with Gen VII and Gen VIII.
Gen 5 was "hated" because of designs like Vanilluxe, and how it "didn't let you use old Pokémon." But in hindsight it had an amazing story, and was daring in introducing so many new Pokémon and ideas.

Gen 5 was the one that brought me back to Pokémon, but Gen 6 was the one that made me stay. I played the former on an emulator, but I've been buying Pokémon games ever since X&Y.

I honestly don't understand why they've abandoned Mega Evolution. Although Dynamax was fun in game, and shook up the meta (because you can choose to play with Dynamax or without Dynamax). Hopefully in Gen 9 they will bring back Mega Evolution. Because having a different gimmick every generation in wearing thin, and that's what is making a lot of people trash whatever is the current Gen.

BCVM22

Because having a different gimmick every generation in wearing thin, and that's what is making a lot of people trash whatever is the current Gen.
This is precisely what I mean. Every time a new mechanic is introduced, a small but vocal minority claims it has ruined the franchise, and two years later they wonder aloud where it went. I'm not sure why a new mechanic every generation is wearing thin - do we not like new things? Weren't breeding and abilities "different gimmicks"? And yet here we are.

People trash the current generation no matter what. If Mega Evolution returned, these same people would cry foul that there's no new idea. Again, it has comparatively little to do with the merits of anything new or old and comparatively more to do with people loving to complain.

Last edited:

Nave

Does anyone know if these new Pokemon will have abilities that transfer over to Home?

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
As for rideable Pokemon, I'm not sure about all of them but I know Ursaluna acts like an itemfinder and Sneasler is the equivalent of Rock Climb.
So my early speculation that many of the new evolutions and regional variants stand in for HMs and other old mechanics like the Bike and Dowsing Machine was mostly right?

Xuxuba

Back when Gen 5 came out, not a lot of people liked it
It is a bit more complex than that i think.

You guys have to remember when BW first came out, you didn't really have access to pokémon from previous generations and the design of the new ones were heavily criticized.

Sure people aren't as passionate on hating their designs nowadays but they also don't have to use said pokémon nowadays either nor watch them be the focus. In Gen 5, that wasn't an option until Bank/BW2.

BW2 fixed a lot of the other issues people had with the generation by adding not only older pokémon, but also more optional routes and side content to make it less linear, more postgame, places to explore and a better facility, aswell as reducing the cutscenes/dialogue that stopped the flow of the gameplay, tho BW2 story wasn't as praised.
When it came to BW's story, the praise isn't really something recent, it was present even when it first came out, but since designs were revealed even before release, that is the first thing people remember reacting to.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

XD I found footage of Sneasler carrying the player, it's so cute/funny. There's a little hole in the back where you can see the player's eyes. I won't show the clip, I'll just let you guys see it yourselves when you play the game

Autobot N

Did we figure out where Manaphy and Phione are in the game?
Don't tell me if it's a story spoiler.

Edit: Actually, I think I figured this out thanks to Google searching and Reddit.
I saw someone saying that you can get them during the story as opposed to postgame ("star rank 6" or whatever that means"), which I'm really glad about. I always like using a 600 BST or lower Legendary on my ingame team, and Phione was one of my top picks for this run.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I saw someone saying that you can get them during the story as opposed to postgame ("star rank 6" or whatever that means"), which I'm really glad about. I always like using a 600 BST or lower Legendary on my ingame team, and Phione was one of my top picks for this run.
I heard, in order to obtain the Pokemon, you have to follow what the book tells you in Canalave Library back in BDSP. The book says you have to travel with a Buizel, Mantyke and a "Qwilfish with huge spikes", referring to an Overqwil. Cool if that was meant as an in game hint for Legends: Arceus the entire time.

ValorSuga

Are there any new characters that we haven’t seen yet? I’m talking about characters that weren’t seen in the trailers!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The movesets for this game are insane especially if they don’t changed when the new Pokémon are transferable to a game with online battles

Phillies

Question about shiny hunting. I saw elsewhere that if you accidently KO a shiny that you can restart the game and the shiny will still be there as long as you saved before encountering it. Is this true?

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
Question about shiny hunting. I saw elsewhere that if you accidently KO a shiny that you can restart the game and the shiny will still be there as long as you saved before encountering it. Is this true?
Yup, if you save next to a shiny in the overworld it should still be there if you restart the game. Legends handles Pokemon in the overworld differently from Let's Go or SwSh.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Does anyone know if the starters have their latest movesets from Sun Moon era or if they've been changed?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Any1 found a video with Snow point temple or any cave? Anything but empty open area?