• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - Leak/Datamine Discussion Thread [Use SPOILER Tags]

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
It took a really long time to get Home and Go to work together, so hopefully they've been working behind the scenes to get integration of the newer games faster.
Future games should be easier to integrate as long as they don't deviate too much in terms of stats, moves and abilities. GO had a completely different model in terms of how moves were handled, and that likely required more work to convert Pokemon from the GO format to the format compatible with HOME and mainline games.

That should make BDSP fairly easy to integrate, and I'm assuming that PLA was designed with HOME connectivity in mind.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
I have one last question before the game comes out

Without mentioning any story related spoilers, how far into the game will you be able to catch Alpha pokemon?
Having beaten the main story, I'm not actually sure. I think it might come down to your research rank/level that pokémon will obey you.

Eventually I got to a point where I could sneak up on Alphas and catch them without having to battle, despite them being level 70+.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Seeing as Nuzlockes are basically Pokemon meets Fire Emblem, does that mean Decidueye did a class change from archer to swordfighter?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Seeing as Nuzlockes are basically Pokemon meets Fire Emblem, does that mean Decidueye did a class change from archer to swordfighter?
Decidueye doesn't seem like a swordwielder. It's more of a foot-kicking pokemon like Blaziken and a sprinkle of Galarian Zapdos in terms of typing but wearing a big hat. When were martial arts invented in Japan even during that Feudal era?

Vindicated30.6

Either way would be cool. I just think it looks like the ronin archetype, masterless samurai character. That automatically made me think swordfighter. So you're thinking more like Mustard from the Isle of Armor then? Whips off the hat for a beat down? I guess the closest to martial arts would be taijutsu, maybe? Its look says more samurai than ninja to me. Samurott is the daimyo character. Typhlosion would be more ninja like of the three. That and the Sneasel variant. I picture the new Sneasel as a henchman Pokemon to a villain.

Pokefan_1987

Either way would be cool. I just think it looks like the ronin archetype, masterless samurai character. That automatically made me think swordfighter. So you're thinking more like Mustard from the Isle of Armor then? Whips off the hat for a beat down? I guess the closest to martial arts would be taijutsu, maybe? Its look says more samurai than ninja to me. Samurott is the daimyo character. Typhlosion would be more ninja like of the three. That and the Sneasel variant. I picture the new Sneasel as a henchman Pokemon to a villain.
Well Cyrus has utilized a Sneasel in the past Diamond/Pearl /Platinum and if i remember correctly, in the final battles it was replaced with a Weavile for speed.

Vindicated30.6

Well Cyrus has utilized a Sneasel in the past and in final battles it was replaced with a Weavile.
I'm not completely disappointed in its new typing. I was expecting Ice/Poison which would've been interesting. But making it like a cooler Toxicroak is actually kinda awesome.

qqO6wi3.jpg

In case you're not aware, Hisuian Decidueye still has its bow, and its new signature move is called Triple Arrow after all.
Either way, Hisuian Samurott is the one who gives off a strong ronin vibe to me, with it previously being a samurai but now gaining the Dark type.

Vindicated30.6

qqO6wi3.jpg

In case you're not aware, Hisuian Decidueye still has its bow, and its new signature move is called Triple Arrow after all.
Either way, Hisuian Samurott is the one who gives off a strong ronin vibe to me, with it previously being a samurai but now gaining the Dark type.
I was not aware, thank you! Between watching the new Rurouni Kenshin live action movies on Netflix, the Ronin episode and novel from Star Wars Visions, and the direction One Piece has gone for the last couple years, I think a lot of people have feudal Japan on the brain and it's going to be awesome to see how Pokemon takes a STAB (see what I did there) at the genre. They did it years ago with Pokemon Conquest, but this should drastically beat that.

Dragon Pulse

Does Hisuian Sneasel also evolve into Weavile? The reason why I'm asking is because it is in the Pokédex, so is it caught only as a wild Pokémon? Also, is there an equivalent to Pokémon Camp/Amie in this game?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Does Hisuian Sneasel also evolve into Weavile? The reason why I'm asking is because it is in the Pokédex, so is it caught only as a wild Pokémon? Also, is there an equivalent to Pokémon Camp/Amie in this game?
It doesn’t.

Pokefan_1987

It doesn’t.
That would mean weavile has not been discovered or invented yet.

Perhaps there are things you can do in the camp to interact with your travelling pokemons.

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
From what I've heard, both Hisuian Sneasel and regular Sneasel are in the game. Regular Sneasel still evolves into Weavile.

Vindicated30.6

From what I've heard, both Hisuian Sneasel and regular Sneasel are in the game. Regular Sneasel still evolves into Weavile.
Apparently its evolution is based on time of day like the original, with the same item, according to the main page.

Pokefan_1987

Found a huge list and some of the good all-rounder moves were removed. :mad:

Earthquake and SURF is gone too they had the nerve to take away surf which is one of the best water moves IT'S GONE im almost angry enough to re-consider buying the game :mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is proof.

At least they didn't touch Flamethrower since i plan on using Typhlosion.

Vindicated30.6

Same here. Its new signature move Infernal Parade sounds like an old My Chemical Romance song.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

Earthquake and SURF is gone too they had the nerve to take away surf which is one of the best water moves IT'S GONE im almost angry enough to re-consider buying the game :mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is proof.

NOOOOOOO THEY DITCHED EARTHQUAKE

oh well

Nave

This is proof.

So it wasn't my imagination. Can't believe they ditched the most popular Ground move, and one of the most popular Water moves.