• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus Planned Teams Thread

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I noticed there wasn't a Planned Teams Thread in the Legends: Arceus Discussion, so now we have a lot of Pokemon confirmed for the Hisui Pokedex, I thought I'd start one. My current team ideas are:

Team 1:
Decidueye
Hisui Arcanine (or, whatever Hisui Growlithe evolves into)
Basculegion
Staraptor
Mamoswine
Gardevoir

Team 2:
Typhlosion
Vaporeon
Wyrdeer
Luxray
Garchomp
Roserade

Team 3:
Samurott
Hisui Braviary
Infernape
Torterra
Umbreon
Magnezone

Red and Blue

For now it's

1. Samurott
2. Hisuian Arcanine/new evolution
3. Roserade
4. Gallade
5. Magnezone
6. Garchomp

Of course if they introduce more variants and evolutions this list could be subject to change

Ultra Beast Lover

Samurott

Empoleon

Infernape

Torterra

Lucario

Staraptor/Crobat

Of course the last two are not set in stone, I'll have to learn what other new Pokemon there are. I'd really like to use a Luxray so I might switch him out with Staraptor/Crobat, I already have fighting coverage with Samurott and I'd feel better if my water coverage wasn't dependent on Torterra alone.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Cyndaquil
Turtwig

that’s it so far, excited to see what potential new forms or evolutions we get before making more of a team

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Finally, I can begin planning out my team!

Samurott
Wyrdeer
Hisuian Arcanine (or its equivalent)
Mamoswine
Carnivine
Yanmega

And, on the off-chance I decide to start a second playthrough:

Typhlosion
Hisuian Braviary
Basculegion
Abomasnow
Magnezone
Toxicroak

Both cases, the last three are tentative choices. (Actually, these teams are subject to change, depending on new information we receive in the months before release.)

Autobot N

So far, I'm gonna use Typhlosion and that new Braviary. Will wait to see the rest of the Hisuian Forms before I finalize the rest of my team

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I think the only things I’m relatively set on using are Lucario and Garchomp. It wouldn’t feel right to do an initial Sinnoh Hisui play through without them, for me; I think I’ve used them on my first team for all three Sinnoh games so far.

Beyond that I’m probably going to stick with some regional classics. I really like the idea of using Bronzong in this setting, and Staraptor is always reliable. I might lean into some Hisuian forms and evolutions depending on how things feel. Since this game will emphasize catching more than one of any given Pokémon, I feel like it’s the best opportunity yet for experimenting with a variety of different team members.

Missingno.Fan

All I know right now is that I’m thinking of using Decidueye because I haven’t really used that as a starter yet (technically I did in Ultra Sun, but I stopped playing half way through).

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Basculegion is going on my team no matter what. I may use Oshawott or Rowlet for my starter, & I haven't decided on the rest of my team yet, but I stan Basculegion with all my heart!! T__T

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Its hard to say until I see the full dex and if anymore Hissuian forms come out.

I'm towards Oshawott as my starter but my team keeps shifting.

I do like the idea of having the sinnoh starters on the team to showcase how these 3 become the actual starters of Sinnoh.

Also I don't know why but I just want a Sudowoodo on the team too, think it would fit perfectly.

The ride pokemon will remain ride pokemon, even though i love them all.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Sorry for the double post but think i figured out two working teams that will most likely change as we get more info.

The Survey Corps Team
Dewott/Samurott
Sudowoodo
Heracross
Bronzong
Skuntank
Hissuian Arcanine

This team is thematic to the era, the game setting, the player character and a cool mix of Pokemon I've never used or haven't used in a while.

The Legends Team
Bibarel
Staraptor
Lucario
Infernape
Empoleon
Torterra

This team is something I thought would be fitting to showcase the integral part you may play into the founding of Sinnoh and perhaps be a little personal lore why the starters are the starters and add emphasis on why the other 3 may be so popular in an in-universe explanation.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Oh, I am definitely taking the single-pokemon route.

It's gonna be me and Decidueye f*ckin' sh*t up all over the Hisui region. lol

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I wouldn't mind going solo with an Infernape during a playthrough. Gyarados and Garchomp would give me some issues but if I'm at a high enough level they'll be relatively simple.

That's mainly the fun of it. It provides one hell of a challenge!

Also, since this game is clearly a spiritual cousin of Breath of the Wild, I figured I'd take the green-colored archer and play the part.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
My team so far will be:
Rowlet (it’s one of my favorite starters ever)
Hisuian Growlithe
Basculin
Rufflet
Stantler
Machop depending how early you encounter it.

Nave

Here's my core for Doubles so far:

Wyrdeer
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Colbur Berry
- Mega Horn
- Zen Headbutt
- Horn Leech (if it has it)
- Gravity

Garchomp
Ability: Rough Skin
Item: Life Orb
- Dragon Rush
- Stomping Tantrum
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Hisuian Arcanine (or whatever it's called)
Ability: Solid Rock (prediction)
Item: Weakness Policy
- Rock Slide
- Flare Blitz
- Iron Tail
- Protect

Hoping for a good Poison type--maybe an evolution of Tentacruel or Skuntank.

Julia Artemis

I mean I don't know it seems weird to have a planned team for a game like this. But guess I'm probably going to use the new pokemon and the Hisuian forms especially Wyrdeer and Basculegion. Though definitely looking in picking Cyndaquil and hoping it gets a new form for Thyplosion or a new branched evolution. But definitely want to catch a Shroomish and Mareep if they're in the game as their my favorites, despite Game Freak hating them for some reason, especially Breloom

NeedsAName

I mean I don't know it seems weird to have a planned team for a game like this. But guess I'm probably going to use the new pokemon and the Hisuian forms especially Wyrdeer and Basculegion. Though definitely looking in picking Cyndaquil and hoping it gets a new form for Thyplosion or a new branched evolution. But definitely want to catch a Shroomish and Mareep if they're in the game as their my favorites, despite Game Freak hating them for some reason, especially Breloom
False Swipe+Spore is so OP and yet so necessary.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Guess I am going with Oshawott as the starter and picking up Hisuian Growlithe and Braviary. Will have for future Pokemon and other Hisuian forms/evolutions to be revealed before committing to a choice.

Ultra Beast Lover

I also need one false swiper. The early area should be fine since it looks like it's full of easy captures but after a while even Ultra Balls won't make things much easier.