• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus Planned Teams Thread

ckd89

my team is thyplosion hisuian growlithe and its evos pikachu braviary and lopunny as far as legendaries arceus

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I'm wondering if I'm going to end up having a rock team...

Cause so far Sudowoodo, Hisuian Growlithe/Arcanine and Kleavor seem to be making the team.

Nave

Kleavor is probably going to make it on my team, in place of Hisuian Arcanine. I wonder what Stone Axe's effect is, and what physical Bug moves it has at it's disposal. Although Bug/Rock is a bad defensive typing, I really like it as an offensive typing, and I suspect it will be faster than Armaldo.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
For the time being, I don't feel the immediate need to think up a team. Since so much of this game seems to be revolving the player-character with the pokémon only being the 'help'.

That being said.. It's gonna be a toss-up between Decidueye and Samurott. Typhlosion is one of my favorite pokémon, but Decky and Sammy definitely trump it when you think about the context of not having been played often enough (I've done a single regular playthrough of White, White2 and Sun, while opted for other starters during Nuzlocke's of the GenV-games) and - and especially the aeshetic of the game.

I mean just think about fighting a big ass Electivire with a Decidueye. How awesome is that?

Considering I'm not picking Cyndaquil, it's highly likely that I'm at least going to pick up Arcanine this game, since I honestly don't remember when I've ever really used one in ages. I remember breeding for a Growlithe with Morning Sun.. but I wouldn't be able to tell you for which game/generation it was..

I also really like the lore of Basculegion and Stantler finally having an evolution.

So that probably would mean:
- Decidueye/Samurott
- Arcanine
- Basculegion
- Weirdeer

But if I pick Samurott, then Basculegion probably doesn't get picked.. :(

NeedsAName

For the time being, I don't feel the immediate need to think up a team. Since so much of this game seems to be revolving the player-character with the pokémon only being the 'help'.

That being said.. It's gonna be a toss-up between Decidueye and Samurott. Typhlosion is one of my favorite pokémon, but Decky and Sammy definitely trump it when you think about the context of not having been played often enough (I've done a single regular playthrough of White, White2 and Sun, while opted for other starters during Nuzlocke's of the GenV-games) and - and especially the aeshetic of the game.

I mean just think about fighting a big ass Electivire with a Decidueye. How awesome is that?

Considering I'm not picking Cyndaquil, it's highly likely that I'm at least going to pick up Arcanine this game, since I honestly don't remember when I've ever really used one in ages. I remember breeding for a Growlithe with Morning Sun.. but I wouldn't be able to tell you for which game/generation it was..

I also really like the lore of Basculegion and Stantler finally having an evolution.

So that probably would mean:
- Decidueye/Samurott
- Arcanine
- Basculegion
- Weirdeer

But if I pick Samurott, then Basculegion probably doesn't get picked.. :(
I like calling 'em Decky and Sammy. Also, it's spelled Wyrdeer.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So far Oshawott's the only definite member of my team. I'm still debating on whether to make an entirely new team for Legends or do what I originally had planned for Brilliant Diamond and make a team based on Sinnoh's theme of connection (which would fit here since it seems like you're making the first pokédex to help the people of Hisui to better understand and form connections with pokémon)

If anything, a few other possibilities I'm considering though are Kleavor, Basculegion, Kricketune, Chimecho, Lopunny, Cherrim, Carnivine, Chatot, Braviary, Yanmega, & Wyrdeer

Last edited:

Julia Artemis

Since Cyndaquil seems to have it's flame back I'm probably picking him, also was my go to starter in gen 2. Let's hope it gets some fun surprises later in the game. But other than that want to see what other new Pokemon are in the game but definitely want to use Kleavor for sure

Ultra Beast Lover

Samurott-Best stats are Attack and Special Attack. I'll give it Ice Beam, Razor Shell, Ariel Ace, Swords Dance for Agile Style.

Infernape-Attack and Special Attack are both good. I'll give it Close Combat, Flare Blitz, Ariel Ace, and Calm Mind for Agile Style.

Torterra-Best stat is Attack. I'll give it Earthquake, Crunch, Iron Tail, and Swords Dance for Agile Style.

Empoleon-Great Special Attack. I'll give it Ice Beam, Steel Wing, Flash Cannon, and Work Up for Agile Style.

Luxray-Best stat is Attack. I'll give it Thunder Fang, Crunch, Discharge, and Scary Face for Agile Style to make up for its speed.

Gastrodon-Great Attack and Special attack. I'll give it Surf, Earthquake, Ice Beam, and Double Team for Agile Style to make up for its speed.

treatyofversigh

I feel like I’m gonna end up with a lot of fire and rock types, even though I usually like to have a diverse party. I love Cyndaquil so I’m definitely picking it as my starter and I absolutely need Hisuian Growlithe, and I like Kleavor. Wyrdeer is awesome, though I wish it was part ice type… definitely getting Basculegion, too! I love its design and the reason behind its ghost typing. I’m not sure who a sixth member of my team would be yet- hopefully there’ll be a new grass type Hisuian form, and if there is, I’ll likely use that.

Julia Artemis

Yeah I'm probably going to use more of the new Pokemon than the older ones because for the most part I might as well play order games vs adventuring in Legends. So it'll probably be Cyndaquil and a new team. Unless something wild happens and there are massive changes to the two other starters. I don't know I feel Rowlet and Oshawott are the two worst starters in their respective games while Cyndaquil is probably the best of the three and being a giant fire badger is really cool. I'm 50/50 on whether a massive swerve is coming but if not picking my favorite fire starter in Cyndaquil. Love that fire hedgehog

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah I'm probably going to use more of the new Pokemon than the older ones because for the most part I might as well play order games vs adventuring in Legends. So it'll probably be Cyndaquil and a new team. Unless something wild happens and there are massive changes to the two other starters. I don't know I feel Rowlet and Oshawott are the two worst starters in their respective games while Cyndaquil is probably the best of the three and being a giant fire badger is really cool. I'm 50/50 on whether a massive swerve is coming but if not picking my favorite fire starter in Cyndaquil. Love that fire hedgehog
Technically Oshawott is the best starter for, at least, BW though admittedly it might not be good here. I'm not too sure which starter will be the one who can handle a majority of the boss fights. In fact, considering the nature of the game, they could all be equal.

Julia Artemis

I was actually being unfair to Oshawott because I hate it's final evolution but it's actually probably the second best starter in Unova after Emboar. Serperior is my favorite and really fun to use but only actually powerful with Contrary though even with Overgrow it's not terrible however it needs a really strong team to get it though gyms later in the game. But definitely Rowlet is the least useful Alola starter it never has a good dual typing and I still am so confused with it's stats. I don't know why it's so slow and has wasted special attack stats when it obviously should be a physical sweeper, similar problem with Oshawott but at least it has a better typing.

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah though I'll admit, Oshawott is not the best for a solo run for either game. Lenora and Cheran are tough first gym leaders, Burgh is tough for water types, Elesa uses electric types and you don't get Ice Beam, the water type's bread and butter, till after the story/after the dragon gym so good luck with Drayden/Iris.

Of course, I think which one is perceived as the best also has to do with one's own preferences be it type or the starter themself. Like how I viewed Bulbasaur as the worst starter but it's actually really good for most of Gen 1.

I just hope we can teach Ice Beam at a decent time. It's the worst when you need to fight a flying boss and you don't have a coverage move, and I hate using Blizzard because it's I think 70% accurate and if it's not 100% it's 50%.

Nave

Oshawott is the worst starter from Gen 5 when factoring in Hidden Abilities. Although Shell Armour is an underrated ability, Samurott doesn't use it very well, whereas Emboar and Serperior are built around Reckless and Contrary respectively.
Torrent Samurott might actually be best as far as base abilities, because you can hit them with a boosted Aqua Jet at low health.
My favourite starter in this game is Decidueye though. One of my favourite designs of all time.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Simple options.

Typhlosion.

Basculegion

Kleavor.

Torterra

Magnezone

Glacion.

This is a war themed team.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!