• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus Shinies (not really spoiler)

silv3rsolstic3

Pokemon Manga Lover
hi there, everyone! I've heard that it's pretty easy to find shinies in the game because there are many ways to raise your odds and all shinies show in the overworld. so: here it is. how many of you have found a shiny thus far? (sorry if someone's already done this. i'm very curious and have not yet found a shiny of my own.)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
The overall odds of finding a shiny in this game are better than in other games (mostly because you run into Pokémon at such a high frequency compared to other games, but also there are things that happen to improve the odds of getting one, even before you get the Shiny Charm). Also, there's at least one sidequest in the game that guarantees a shiny.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
It's also super easy to see them at a distance since they sparkle like the sparkly stones that you get stardust out of.

silv3rsolstic3

Pokemon Manga Lover
ah, i understand why more people get shinies lol that wasnt exactly my question, i was curious how many people have shinies thus far

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’ve only have the guaranteed Shiny Ponyta. Still need to level it up so it can evolve.

silv3rsolstic3

Pokemon Manga Lover
ah yeah, same here. i'm currently trying to hunt for a sparkly goomy and maybe chimchar but i'm trying to not get my hopes up too far. my luck is awful with these kinds of things.

Shinkou

Besides the ponyta I have, in order of capture:

Drifblim which evolved from drifloon after it and two non shiny drifloon ambushed me in Obsidian Fieldlands at the Oran tree where they replaced the starly after the first camp if you head directly toward the bridge to Deertrack Trail, I think it was my second or third trip there.

Budew which I believed also appeared by my third visit to the Marshlands, Ironically I already have a shiny Roselia I got through trade in Sword.

Pichu who I caught in a mass outbreak, nothing else to add except that I wasn't sure I caught it.

I haven't hunted for any shinies myself since I'm not really into shiny hunting. But just from flying around looking for whisps I managed to find both a shiny Dustox and a shiny Swinub. Another Dustox is also coincidentally the first-ever non-guaranteed shiny I got. It was a Wurmple in Pearl that I later evolved into a Dustox.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

So far in Legends Arceus besides the guaranteed Shiny Ponyta that you get I also managed to get a Shiny Budew and Shiny Croagunk, with the Budew being the first non guaranteed shiny that I got in LA.

Of course in some of my other Pokémon games I’ve gotten Shinies before. If I remember right my first non guaranteed shiny in Pokémon games was a Shiny Marill and I think got it in Pokémon Ruby or Sapphire if I’m remembering right although I can’t remember which one it was exactly it could have been Emerald though I’m pretty sure it was one of those 3 games.

As if I recall I encountered and catch it after leaving Fortree City.

Luthor

My shiny luck is generally pretty bad (unless I actively hunt for one). Particularly when it comes to purely random encounter shiny pokemon. However this game has been different. Now in this game I've managed to get 6 shiny Pokemon . One of course was the Ponyta from the request but I've also found a Mass Outbreak shiny Stantler (I didn't reset for it), and completely random shiny Misdreavus, Bidoof, Magikarp & Bronzong. The Stantler, Magikarp and Bronzong were all on the same day not that far apart (I was literally coming back to a base camp after catching a shiny Magikarp and then I encountered the Bronzong).

Phillies

The mass outbreaks make it so easy to find shinies. I've probably found 30 or so in the last week. I also think I ran into 3 random ones just playing the game. This game does make me miss shadow tag though.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm not really into shinies since it doesn't really bring anything aside from the (usually hideous) color scheme. Although when I find one, I make sure to catch it because it's rare.

Anyway, I'm 50+ hours into the game and so far I only managed to encounter and catch 5, including the shiny Ponyta from the quest. Now, Alpha Pokemon... those I actively catch and find.

silv3rsolstic3

Pokemon Manga Lover
still no nonguaranteed shinies here, even though i've been actively hunting since release. :( my luck has always been terrible, though.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
In my second game, I found and caught a Shiny Drifloon right after I calmed Kleavor.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I have no been actively searching yet but have found two so far… Ponyta does not count. I found Drifloon and Luxray.

ShadowForce720

still no nonguaranteed shinies here, even though i've been actively hunting since release. :( my luck has always been terrible, though.
Best as advice I can tell you is not to actively shiny hunt for them and instead do something else in the game and you will naturally come across one eventually.

Heck every nonguaranteed shiny I have every got or come across has been the case where I wasn’t actively looking for it and I just ran into it while doing something else.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
If we're talking full odds, I have five so far; my first was a Wurmple (now a Beautifly) that I caught during the tutorial. Also full odds. Driftloon, Hippopotas(F) Driftblim and Mantyke. I actively hunted for Luxio during a mass outbreak, and I also have the Ponyta that you get as a part of a sidequest.

I think this is the most full odds shiny Pokemon that I've gotten in a game since my White version back in the day.

Entradius1

Just some dude
So far I have caught a shiny scyther, rhyperior, aipom, happiny, gabite, sneasel, and a male ralts from the mass outbreaks but the shinies I want the most have eluded me. I tend to only have good luck on shiny pokemon that I do not want or that I do not care about.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I just caught a shiny Combee about an hour or two ago, but it's male. I also missed a shiny. I heard the shiny noise, but when I looked around I couldn't find it. It sounded like it spawned a little ways away from me. I circled the area with Braviary but never found it. I think it may have been a mon whose shiny form is almost indistinguishable from its regular form, like Garchomp. :/

ShadowForce720

I just caught a shiny Combee about an hour or two ago, but it's male. I also missed a shiny. I heard the shiny noise, but when I looked around I couldn't find it. It sounded like it spawned a little ways away from me. I circled the area with Braviary but never found it. I think it may have been a mon whose shiny form is almost indistinguishable from its regular form, like Garchomp. :/
The only thing I can think of to suggest so that you don’t miss a Shiny is to try to save when you hear the shiny noise that way if it disappears you can reload and figure out what it was.