• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

PokeAmi

I can already feel the pain off trying to capture/chase a shiny Pokemon in the overworld and then you fall down a hill or gets attacked by another Pokemon or something and the shiny gets away. o_O
That is, if there is shinies in this game. There seems to be no transitions at all to the battles, so then the pokemon must be shiny already in the overworld like the Lets Go games.

In the trailer the trainers walked pretty close to some Pokemon like Pikachu, Chingling, Bidoof etc, without them reacting much, so hope that will change or it was early footage.

Sponge

I don't think all Pokémon in Sinnoh original dexes would be available in this game.

We need to "create the region’s first Pokedex" [1], not the only one that ever existed in Sinnoh. We have a great clue on this as Spheal and Sealeo are included in the game trailer, even if they're only in a painting.

[1]

There are some pokemon that appear man made but they're actually not. Like Klink were the inspiration for how gears work in the pokemon world, they came first.

So I think Pokemon like Magnemite or Klink would be fine. Not as sure about some of the toxic man-made mons though like Grimer or Trubbish though since they seem more modern. (because they were presumably created through modern day pollution) Also Porygon or Mewtwo wouldn't have been created by this time period. (though with time travel shenanigans related to Dialga/Palkia, it could be possible to encounter them)

I was thinking it would be funny if a time paradox meant Porygon was documented in the Sinnoh pokedex before it even existed.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Do you think we'll still have a full team of 6 or we'll just be limited to 1 pokemon at a time? Since the proper concept of trainers hasn't existed yet, I'm not sure if our pokemon roster will be limited

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Do you think we'll still have a full team of 6 or we'll just be limited to 1 pokemon at a time? Since the proper concept of trainers hasn't existed yet, I'm not sure if our pokemon roster will be limited
The screenshot that shows the Trainer and their Gallade fighting a Garchomp has 6 Pokéballs in the lower left hand corner.

Orphalesion

As much I love the Porygon line, I don’t see them appearing in Legends since it seems like Porygon was created in the 90s while its evolutions were created during their respective generations

Also, if we get ancient variants of pokémon, I’d love to see them for Cranidos & Shieldon since I always wondered if they’d still be Rock types if they weren’t revived from fossils, but I don’t see it happening since they went extinct in the Pokémon world’s equivalent to the Jurassic period & I’m certain fossil restoration machines haven’t been invented yet in Legends

I'd really wish they'd give of some "Land that Time Forgot" type area at some point (not in this game, but maybe in Gen 9). An area that's protected by a Legendary Pokemon that collects extinct species to live there.
There they could place all sort of "Original Form" or "Ancient Form" Fossil Pokemon that would work like regional forms.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Technical issues aside, I can't get over how beautiful the game looks, seriously the world is gorgeous <3!!!

And I wouldn't worry about the game being unplayable or anything, you can say what you want about Pokemon but the games are usually pretty polished even if the graphics have been weaker to some. There's obviously going to be bugs and such as all games have those but it will probably be playable.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I am eager to see how much the game will focus on the story. Not having a gym quest and being different to the classic experience, the story is probably going to be treated more prominently. Would like to have a similar approach for a story as the Explorers Mystery Dungeon games.

Last edited:

mtqc

MY BEANS!
This looks awesome, but a fully open world game really scares me, haha. I'm so bad at them, though I guess I equate open world to "do what you want" to the point where I never know where to start and I end up quitting in the first two hours.

Is this confirmed to be more open-world than SWSH? I thought that game was a nice balance.

SoHowAreYou

This looks awesome, but a fully open world game really scares me, haha. I'm so bad at them, though I guess I equate open world to "do what you want" to the point where I never know where to start and I end up quitting in the first two hours.

Is this confirmed to be more open-world than SWSH? I thought that game was a nice balance.

As far as I can tell there is not much in the way of information on that, though I suspect that it will be more open than SwSh. If I had to guess instead of gyms we will probably be filling out a log of native pokemon in addition to helping the initial colonization efforts. Maybe we go fight abnormally strong pokemon and help setup initial villages. They'll probably be some kind of on-rails tutorial for the first few hours, at which point the game will probably open up, but the acquisition of new abilities will gatekeep new areas, like getting the ability to mountain climb will open up new areas. And if you need some structure to help there'll probably be a main questline that you can follow.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
There's also the possibility that the story is structured around Arceus' Plates.

In BoTW you could fight Ganondorf anytime, perhaps you can access The Hall of Origin and Spear Pillar relatively early (but still a trial to get there) but to access it completely you'll need to scour the region for the plates.

Like others have talked about.

We could find and battle strong Pokemon who guard them and share the specifc typings. Somewhat in the same way as totem pokemon

DanZamVA

As far as I know it's not confirmed, but it's highly likely. We've seen screenshot leaks of your trainer riding on a Pokemon mount, climbing cliff faces, and even flying. So it's probably more likely to be a lot more open than SwSh was and it's being advertised as an action rpg in the trailer, so that would suggest to me yeah it's going to be a lot more open.

Ultra Beast Lover

Maybe the plates allow for certain power ups, maybe they summon the guardian that might have been in charge of the plate and/or use their power. So: rock would be rock smash, ground would be rock climb, bug would be tree climb, grass would be cut, water would be surf/waterfall, ice lets you go through the ice area much more easily, flying lets you fly, dark makes you invisible to enemy Pokemon, electric lets you run fast, fighting lets you push boulders, psychic either allows fast travel or searches for specific Pokemon, steel protects you from Pokemon attacks, dragon summons more powerful Pokemon, poison repels powerful Pokemon, fire makes it easier to see at night or in dense fog, ghost puts Pokemon to sleep, and fairy could be the mount.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Maybe the plates allow for certain power ups, maybe they summon the guardian that might have been in charge of the plate and/or use their power. So: rock would be rock smash, ground would be rock climb, bug would be tree climb, grass would be cut, water would be surf/waterfall, ice lets you go through the ice area much more easily, flying lets you fly, dark makes you invisible to enemy Pokemon, electric lets you run fast, fighting lets you push boulders, psychic either allows fast travel or searches for specific Pokemon, steel protects you from Pokemon attacks, dragon summons more powerful Pokemon, poison repels powerful Pokemon, fire makes it easier to see at night or in dense fog, ghost puts Pokemon to sleep, and fairy could be the mount.
Update hm !

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I am still convinced for a more chapter/series of quests based story than having something similiar like BotW with the four main "dungeons". Kinda hard to do that in the Pokemon style while having a decent story. Just think about the modern Grand Theft Auto with the open world and the mission system.

The theory about a former Galactic organization the player belongs to could mean multiple side characters you work together with. I can see Cyrus ancestor being your partner and turns evil or something like that.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Aparently Bronzor or a Bronzong is in the trailer?
I cant see where they are?

The town bell looks like a Bronzong if you zoom in, therefore the line should be in the game. Cause even in Swsh Talonflame did end up being in the game to match the Fletchling Weather Vane

RalphyUK

So much we don't know. I wonder if our characters will talk. Hopefully they will shout commands when we attack Pokemon. "Use close combat" and "slash now".
"Well done" when you return your Pokemon in to their ball.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I wonder if it will be possible to transfer Pokémon from this game to Sword, Shield, BrilliantDiamond and ShiningPearl via Pokémon HOME.....
If we could transfer from Pokémon Go & Pokemon LGPE to Pokémon HOME, its possible for them to connect Legends: Arceus as well.
Though whether they would do it or not is a different question.
Even if they do it, it would probably be a one-way once transfer only.