• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
If there's nothing in DP remakes then I hope we get here 2 new Mythical and new Gigamantax versions of SInnoh Pokemon/starters. I know Oshawott, Rowlett and Cynda are starters but maybe we will get SInnoh starters too.
Maybe we will get Giga SInnoh, Giga Samurott, Giga Typlosion and Giga Decidueye too.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Would surprise me if this game was made to test the limits of the Wild Area software.

Also, a feudal Sinnoh does look interesting. I'm hoping it draws inspiration from the Sengoku Jidai or the Yayoi period. The former was an endless civil war which we did sort of see a Pokemon version via Pokemon Conquest. The latter is more appropriate, a bunch of villages organized into rice kingdoms fighting each for dominance.

MrJechgo

Were people asking for an open world Pokémon for some time now? Because Legends looks like that :)

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
On the grand scheme of things, if Legends are a new trend and series that get added to the mix.. I'd be so down for that.
Exploring past regions + the lore the core Legendary/Mythical Pokemon possess and how they influences/influenced the region is pretty unique and interesting. Actually a reason re-explore a region in a different way over feeding the nostalgia tank, while also complaining about a million features not being in the game or added.
Definitely beats your usual taking current gen core series base and slap on a remake.

Last edited:

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle
May I ask something tho? Why are we assuming this game will be open-world like Breath of the Wild and be "everything SwSh should have been"? Because I remember thinking SwSh would be "open world" and it wasn't. Why are we assuming this won't be full of invisible walls??

Ultra Beast Lover

I hope we still have camp. It'd be especially cute here because it'll be set up like you're getting to know these strange beings on a personal level. I hope this is a mainstay of the franchise as it'll allow Gamefreak to take the time to tell a story they want to tell but can't because it'll be too complicated.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I hope we still have camp. It'd be especially cute here because it'll be set up like you're getting to know these strange beings on a personal level. I hope this is a mainstay of the franchise as it'll allow Gamefreak to take the time to tell a story they want to tell but can't because it'll be too complicated.
As long as I’m able to pet my mons like in gen 6 and 7, I’m content. I love Camp, though, because I can take videos of my Pokémon playing together and watch them to relieve stress.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Just a nitpick: battle animation seems very simple to me.

LordSerperior

Ever since ORAS I've been hoping they ditch their current approach to remakes and I can't believe they finally did it. The announcement has me super hyped and I'd be completely down for this to be a series. There is just so much potential.

Also love the choice of starters as well!

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
This gamelooks so awesome. Really wonder what their reasons were for these 3 starters.. Probably will go with Cyndaquil here. Although I really love Rowlett and Oshawott. This is going to be a very tough choice when I get this game.

I really like the look of the Pokéballs though. They seem to be an upgraded version of the ones from the 4th movie. But they'll probably the precursor of that one.
I think I can tell why for the 3 starters: Since it's based on Ancient Japan, it'll also be based on the warriors or outside background of Japan during that time. Rowlet is due to Decidueye which is the archer and Oshawott cause of Samurott being the samurai. While Cyndaquil I can't really tell tho I'm guessing it's cause of the mountainous and volcanic geography of Japan and Typhlosion is basically based on a volcanic creature.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I think I can tell why for the 3 starters: Since it's based on Ancient Japan, it'll also be based on the warriors or outside background of Japan during that type. Rowlet is due to Decidueye which is the archer and Oshawott cause of Samurott being the samurai. While Cyndaquil I can't really tell tho I'm guessing it's cause of the mountainous and volcanic geography of Japan and Typhlosion is basically based on a volcanic creature.
Oh, nice theory! And a very plausible one too.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
The only thing I want from the Pokemon following you feature, is at the very least, when Cyndaquil-Quilava-Typhlosion is running, they have their flames burning. I'm fine with their standing motions being calm and peaceful. But I better have my fire mouse actually be on fire when I'm running around.

Golden_Arcanine

Ever since ORAS I've been hoping they ditch their current approach to remakes and I can't believe they finally did it. The announcement has me super hyped and I'd be completely down for this to be a series. There is just so much potential.

Also love the choice of starters as well!
It's so random. You chose 3 different generations to do it from with no real reason as to why those are your options.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Other than the frames dripping. The trailer got me hyped.

Choosing Cyndaquil cause it's my favorite of them all.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
It's so random. You chose 3 different generations to do it from with no real reason as to why those are your options.
Except the trailer said the Professor of the era brought them with them. So there may be reasons as to why they have these specific starters with them.

You have to remember it's feudal era, which means nothing is really established in terms of how society and a kid's Pokemon journey goes.