• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Ultra Beast Lover

The Rhydon line should be easy to avoid since they have trouble turning while running. I just hope that, if Abra is in this game, it doesn't teleport everywhere. I wasted a masterball catching it once.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Neither is Spheal and we know that's in the game. Don't celebrate just yet.
Oh. I didn't notice Spheal was in the trailer. Interesting.

Makes me wonder if the Legends Sinnoh Dex will reflect BDSP's Sinnoh Dex.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Given it takes place in the past it could likely not. ORAS had a plot point where certain Pokemon used to live in Hoenn and only came back due to the Groudon/Kyogre incident. A lot can happen in however many years apart these games are.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Oh. I didn't notice Spheal was in the trailer. Interesting.

Makes me wonder if the Legends Sinnoh Dex will reflect BDSP's Sinnoh Dex.

I doubt it. I think BDSP, being a faithful remake probably won't mess with the Sinnoh Dex too much (at best, there might be a large post game expansion, but in the main game you're probably not getting much more than Platinum's 210). LA though? They don't need to stick to the original Sinnoh Dex, they can take liberties and have a 300+ Sinnoh Dex like some of the more recent generations. In fact, I would say the game might need it. If all they have to work with is 210 Pokemon spread across a giant open world, the game is going to feel very repetitive and empty, having a larger pool of Pokemon would make exploring every corner of the region more fun and satisfying. So yeah, I strongly suspect that Spheal is in LA's Sinnoh Dex. It makes total sense for them to add more Pokemon to this game and it would be a massive oversight if they showed it off in the reveal trailer when it isn't actually in the game.

Nyter

Island Challenger
This is the first settlement so are we gonna learn about the Unknown Ruins? Where do you think we'll store Pokemon? Are we going to build settlements? I hope so, that'd be so cool. There's so many possibilities for a prequel.
I was actually replaying Pokemon Diamond and one of the NPCs said that the area in Solaceon Town still has some of the Pokemon of the Olden Days... wonder if it is Unown that the NPC was referring to but its awesome how Pokemon Diamon and Pearl really has set up for what Pokemon Legends Arceus is going to be.

Last edited:

SuperTentacle

I hope to see this game's graphics and world in generation 9 game's too. the open world in this game is awesome.
I don't think that GameFreak will work on two Open-World Games at the same time. But I hope that they will still go Full Third Person with Gen. 9. Like Xenoblade, linear but more open than previous Generations.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m guessing that Arceus will be catchable through normal gameplay and that this is how we will get it into the BDSP Dex via tranfsfer. And since it takes place in the past, I’m wondering if some towns or cities in Sinnoh will have different names such as Jubilife City being Jubilee Town or Eterna City just being Eterna Forest with a few houses right on the edge of the woods?

Ultra Beast Lover

I wouldn't be surprised if some towns had different names, for instance New York was once called New Amsterdam. Though I could see them making a joke like having Eterna City be called Eterna City and an NPC is just like, "Wow, such lofty goals for such a small town."

I wonder if they're going to have Pokemon that don't have much use in battle have uses outside battle. For instance, maybe the Chancey line acts as the medic outside battle or, if you're building settlements, Pokemon like Machamp will be used for that.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I wouldn't be surprised if some towns had different names, for instance New York was once called New Amsterdam. Though I could see them making a joke like having Eterna City be called Eterna City and an NPC is just like, "Wow, such lofty goals for such a small town."

I wonder if they're going to have Pokemon that don't have much use in battle have uses outside battle. For instance, maybe the Chancey line acts as the medic outside battle or, if you're building settlements, Pokemon like Machamp will be used for that.

See, I'm wondering if that'll be a mechanic more or less. In the trailer we see the starting town and its empty, which is in contrast to how it was shown in the journal and how it was mentioned (Lots of people coming over to start new towns).

If the main goal is to just catch and complete the Pokedex, then perhaps there will be catch side-quests that are needed to help build up the town and make things easier for the player. Such as going to catch a Chansey (or have it evolve into Blissey) to give back to an NPC which can create a Pokemon Center for the player to use, go catch a Meowth to help a shop owner out and get new items. Grab some Pokemon of a specific type for a specific reason for the town like grass for berry tree gardens, etc.

Think that'd be cool, probably not gonna happen, but it'd be cool.

SuperTentacle

Maybe the Village is the only real settlement but you set up "base camps" all over Sinnoh which will become the Cities we know in the Future.

In the leaks we saw something that looked like a Boss Battle. So maybe that will be the Alternative to the Gym Challenge.

For Example:

-Sinnoh is divided up in 8 Areas
-Each Area has a Boss Pokemon
-To trigger the Boss of an Area you have to do something (e.g. catch a certain number of Pokemon in that Area)
-After you defeated the Boss of an Area you can set up a Basecamp, more Pokemon appear in this Area and you can make a Map of that Area.
-You can do everything in the Order you want, non-linear Progression
-Arceus is the Final Boss

Of course it could be completely different. We have to wait and see how the Gameplay Loop will be like.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I'm still thinking the bosses will either act as guardians or embodiments of the plates themselves.

Making the game a similar style to Link's Awakening and BotW too, you know where the final boss is and can come back and forth, but you still got to travel around the region to collect the stuff needed to unlock it.

Ultra Beast Lover

I wouldn't be too surprised if part of the plot was collecting the plates, like maybe you fight a boss Pokemon which drops a plate, you take it back to the Professor who deciphers it and notices that it's a small part of a larger whole and seems to give some Pokemon a power boost.