• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Ultra Beast Lover

Anyone have a hunch when more info will be released (along with BDSP)?
It's hard to say, they were pretty liberal with ORAS news but it seems like Gamefreak wants things to be as secretive as possible.

Ultra Beast Lover

There hasn't even been a corocoro leak. It could be for an important reason I mean I don't think Snap got too many trailers.

SuperTentacle

I think they will start the Monthly Trailer Campaign in August. Usually it starts 6 Months before Release but this time they probably aim it at Legends.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think they will start the Monthly Trailer Campaign in August. Usually it starts 6 Months before Release but this time they probably aim it at Legends.
That would imply that BDSP really is just a faithful remake of DP with little changes.

Ultra Beast Lover

Hmm with SWSH it took four months to get another trailer, we've passed the four month mark... if I had to wager a guess, they probably want to wait until the last moment to shock us. No idea what's going on with BDSP but maybe they want to avoid spoiling legends as much as possible. I'm not really sure what goes on when making trailers but maybe this is an attempt at averting the spoilery trailer trope.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
After Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, I think they want to show less reveals as to give more of a surprise.

There are probably going to be even less than Sword/Shield because this isn't the start of a new generation.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
After Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, I think they want to show less reveals as to give more of a surprise.

There are probably going to be even less than Sword/Shield because this isn't the start of a new generation.
And the fact that BDSP might be a very faithful remake with little changes from the original. Legends Arceus, on the other hand, is something brand new that Pokemon has never done before, being the franchise' very first open world game and the very first prequel, with it being set hundreds of years before Red first set off on his journey in the Kanto region.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It is of my opinion that BDSP would be a similar remake to what LGPE were without different protagonist and different catching mechanics. There may be extras like in HGSS, but I think they want to differentiate from the ORAS approach which changed the story and some of the motif of the originals, hence the "faithful remakes".

That's not the discussion for here though. We could further this conversation in the correct place.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
In the worst case scenario, we can always rely on leakers to... leak the game one week before release.
If that does happen, I don’t think the leaks will be available to be seen for very long given how strict Nintendo has become over leaks within the past year.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Same goes with Game Freak and The Pokemon Company. People will just have to wait for the games release.

Red and Blue

Kind of disappointed how hush hush they are being with this game so far. I would of loved a trailer showing off more of the world and mechanics during E3

AritzCM

I've started to think that this silence is due to Unite. When it's launched, the other promotional campaigns will begin

Last edited:

SuperTentacle

I think that the PR Campaign is just two month delayed because Legends releases later than usually. They announced the Games together, they release 10 Weeks apart from another so I believe they will always show them together.

Typically they start in June with the PR Campaign so six Months before Release. Two Months Late means they will start it in August. Probably around 10-15th of August.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I think I'm gonna wait a little bit after the game comes out to see if I'm gonna buy it.

I'm fairly certain Legends will be mostly catching pokemon, and if I'm gonna spend 60 bucks on this thing, I wanna make sure I know what I'm getting into. I'm might watch some gameplay videos to see how the game goes, then make my decision.

Of course, if Game Freak actually releases additional gameplay footage prior to the release, I might be better informed to buy it then.