• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
After Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, I think they want to show less reveals as to give more of a surprise.

There are probably going to be even less than Sword/Shield because this isn't the start of a new generation.
That’s personally what I think is going on but it’s still driving everyone crazy based on reading the posts, tweets, & comments since May (which is about when we would’ve received a new trailer if this was a new generation).

I liked how SWSH handled their trailers, and this at least seems reasonable for Legends since it doesn’t come out until January, but now this is starting to feel ridiculous for the lack of BDSP info

Vini310

It's just that it's suspicious (and funny) that they decided to announce an presentation on Friday the 13th, the day that's commonly associated with bad luck.

Ultra Beast Lover

Finally, something. What are you guys hoping for? I'm hoping they announce a Pokemon Camp feature and they show off one character, at least.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I’d like to see explanations on the game mechanics, how shiny hunting would work, and info on the villains (c’mon, there’s got to be villains).

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I just want to see new locations. That’s it, new locations. Maybe some cool ancient ruins or something. I’m already pretty sold on at least trying this game out so unless it looks horrible, there’s little they can do wrong here, since all we know so far is that it’s basically Poké-BOTW, and that’s enough for me.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Finally, something. What are you guys hoping for? I'm hoping they announce a Pokemon Camp feature and they show off one character, at least.
I just want new characters, settings, a bit of the general plot, and a few features. This will be the first game since XY that I’m 100% going in blind so I’m ok with knowing few details but hopefully it’s not just showing open fields

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm most interested in seeing if there's any sidequests or extra content. Is there anything more to do in this game than wander around catching Pokemon? Open worlds are amazing, but they're boring if you don't fill them with things to do.

Red and Blue

Finally. I want to see if more villages and character customization is a thing in the past setting

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I really want Torchic to be revealed as catchable here. I want to use a bird-like starter trio in my campaign

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I'm most interested in seeing if there's any sidequests or extra content. Is there anything more to do in this game than wander around catching Pokemon? Open worlds are amazing, but they're boring if you don't fill them with things to do.
The dream for me is honestly that they’re literally ripping off BOTW. It would be shameless of course, but since BOTW has side quests, secrets and treasures all over the map, and a cohesive main plot (though you can ignore all of it, which I know some people don’t love), that would be kind of amazing. If, on top of that, the wild Pokémon are diverse and varied instead of being a small subset, they’re setting themselves up for a home run game here, even if it’s not horribly innovative. If they have some other villages with characters indigenous to the region, some ancient ruins to hint at older civilization and expand on the creation myths of Sinnoh and other Sinnoh lore, and some great boss battles, I’d be just over the moon. I agree that it would get pretty boring if the game focuses too strongly on just catching Pokémon and surveying the species like a Pokédex quest, so hopefully we find out that catching takes a secondary role like in recent main series titles - though I wouldn’t mind if it’s a little more important than it has been lately. Maybe not introducing roadblocks if you don’t catch enough, but some cool incentives along the way to actually try to catch them all.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The dream for me is honestly that they’re literally ripping off BOTW. It would be shameless of course, but since BOTW has side quests, secrets and treasures all over the map, and a cohesive main plot (though you can ignore all of it, which I know some people don’t love), that would be kind of amazing. If, on top of that, the wild Pokémon are diverse and varied instead of being a small subset, they’re setting themselves up for a home run game here, even if it’s not horribly innovative. If they have some other villages with characters indigenous to the region, some ancient ruins to hint at older civilization and expand on the creation myths of Sinnoh and other Sinnoh lore, and some great boss battles, I’d be just over the moon. I agree that it would get pretty boring if the game focuses too strongly on just catching Pokémon and surveying the species like a Pokédex quest, so hopefully we find out that catching takes a secondary role like in recent main series titles - though I wouldn’t mind if it’s a little more important than it has been lately. Maybe not introducing roadblocks if you don’t catch enough, but some cool incentives along the way to actually try to catch them all.

The pieces are pretty much there to make the dream BotW ripoff (yeah, it's kind of weird calling a ripoff a "dream", but a BotW ripoff would be a massive improvement over some of the more recent Pokemon games), it's just a matter of if they'll actually put them together and execute them well. They've had sidequests in the past like USUM (although hopefully with better rewards, Ranger is really a better example but Game Freak didn't work on those so it's hard to say if they'll go that route), they've had collection quests like the Zygarde Cells/Totem Stickers/Alolan Digletts, and they've had stronger "boss" Pokemon with the Totem Pokemon and Max Raid battles, if they can include those kinds of things in this game that's a great start. Then if they can throw in some mini dungeons and puzzles that would be the icing on the cake.

Storywise I don't expect much. Open world and stories tend not to mix well because stories tend to be linear sequences of events, but there are ways to work with both. I'm playing Genshin Impact right now and they have a story that advances as you level up, so maaaybe Pokemon could do something similar, but I'm not as sure Pokemon could pull it off well with its mechanics. More likely though, the main plot will probably be very minimal and you'll probably only get the full story through sidequests.

I'm not worried about the Pokemon selection, they can go crazy with this game since it's taking more liberties than a faithful remake, so this could be the kind of game where we see a larger 300+ Pokemon Sinnoh Dex like some of the newer games' regional dexes and they throw in a bunch of Pokemon from newer generations. In fact, we already have a hint that this is the case with the starters all being from foreign regions (two of which were from regions that released after Sinnoh) and Spheal, a Pokemon that was not in the Sinnoh Dex and only appeared in post game in DPPt, showing up in the trailer as well, implying that we'll be able to catch one in the wild in the main game. I don't think anything (or just about anything) is off limits when it comes to what's going to be in the main game Sinnoh Dex in this game. Confirmation that this is indeed the case and a reveal of some more of the Pokemon they're adding to the Sinnoh Dex would definitely be welcome though.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I am curious if they will show and explain some of these:

ar0Tdj5.jpg

ar0Tdj5.jpg

PHH21e1.jpg
I’ve actually been trying to figure you that yellow figure in the bottom right of the last picture all day. It looks kind of like a new Pokémon entirely, and seems a lot like an overworld boss like the various Hinox in BOTW. Rhydon being such a vivid blue also makes me think there’s an Ice-type regional variant for its evolution line, rather than poor lighting like people assumed of the Rhyhorn in the trailers.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I’ve actually been trying to figure you that yellow figure in the bottom right of the last picture all day. It looks kind of like a new Pokémon entirely, and seems a lot like an overworld boss like the various Hinox in BOTW. Rhydon being such a vivid blue also makes me think there’s an Ice-type regional variant for its evolution line, rather than poor lighting like people assumed of the Rhyhorn in the trailers.
It looks like a huge bird. Maybe the bosses are totem-like. I doubt they will introduce new Pokemon. New forms definitely.

The silhouettes of the Pokemon we ride are a little different too. I wouldn't be surprised if we got lots of older forms of Pokemon.