• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Ultra Beast Lover

If we can have regional variants it stands to reason that we can have time variants.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I am curious if they will show and explain some of these:

ar0Tdj5.jpg

PHH21e1.jpg

They look pretty believable. If they're fakes, they're really good fakes. Otherwise yeah, I think these are things that will be shown fairly early. The first set of images looks to be a Poke Ride-esque mechanic. The second is probably some kind of boss-like mechanic (probably something similar to a Totem or Max Raid battle). Both things I would definitely like to see in the game, so fingers crossed they're actually legit.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Right now it looks like botw Pokemon spinoff.... Dont like it so much
We will see what they reveal in a few days..

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
They look pretty believable. If they're fakes, they're really good fakes. Otherwise yeah, I think these are things that will be shown fairly early. The first set of images looks to be a Poke Ride-esque mechanic. The second is probably some kind of boss-like mechanic (probably something similar to a Totem or Max Raid battle). Both things I would definitely like to see in the game, so fingers crossed they're actually legit.
If I'm not mistaken, these are real and was leaked (not sure if Reddit) several hours before the announcement.

They got not-Dawn and not-Lucas' designs and tree models pretty spot-on for something that's fake.

Lionel_B

I hate Arceus. I find that the worst thing we could do for the Pokémon franchise is introducing the concept of Pokémon God and creationist mythology.

So at the announcement of Pokémon Legends Arceus, I was very suspicious, that being, this game still proposed things to evolve the license:
-A new gameplay in open world
-More dynamic combat phases that call me Chrono Trigger (it looks like there is no screen change between the explorer phase and the fight phase)

Without counting the starter set, component 2 of my favorite starters.

I had a little hope, but since then, nothing has been disclosed on the game until this month. And still, do not say anything about the game for 6 months, except the release date, and not even present it to the E3... I feel the fireprock wet.

All I hope now is that this game will serve as a springboard to allow Game Freak developers to improve the gameplay games of the main series, and I hope we will have other "Pokémon Legends" based on other regions, like Unys or Kalos. I would love a "Pokemon Legends: Original Dragon" (with a Hoenn Starter in the set)

But hey, maybe I'll be hype again if the Pokémon presents unveiled a new shape for Decidueye, Typhlosion and Samurott

BCVM22

If your "hype" for the game is dependent solely upon something that could happen but we have no indicator will happen and could very, very easily not happen, it's possible this game may end up passing you by.

Ultra Beast Lover

The most I really hope to see is a few characters, some new game mechanics, the storage system, a few basic plot elements like if we'll be building settlements, new Pokemon, and a look at the snowy area. I'm really looking forward to going on an adventure to where Snowpoint will be. Also hoping for food items but I won't hold my breath.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Having reviewed the footage we have so far and watched some analysis videos on Legends, I’ve really gotta say - two tiny, possibly insignificant things are really getting me excited for what could be in store on Wednesday.

First, there’s the situation with the patch on the player’s arm and it’s resemblance to the Team Galactic logo. What does it mean? Second, there’s the brief glimpse of ancient ruins at the base of that giant tree as the player runs down the path in front of it. Could ruins across the map play a big role in the story? Maybe even some large dungeons?

I shouldn’t be getting hyped yet but y’all, this game just has so much potential.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
My main problem with open world games is that it's mostly devoid of things. A huge expanse of nothingness, which is very evident in SWSH's Wild Area. No trainers, no explorable nooks and crannies such as caves, no little settlements, the lack of variety in terrain and plant life (although the DLC was done way better). Even BOTW had that problem.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
My main problem with open world games is that it's mostly devoid of things. A huge expanse of nothingness, which is very evident in SWSH's Wild Area. No trainers, no explorable nooks and crannies such as caves, no little settlements, the lack of variety in terrain and plant life (although the DLC was done way better). Even BOTW had that problem.
THIS.
I prefer normal region and not open world because of this.

Ultra Beast Lover

Well if this is supposed to be the Sinnoh of the past I suspect there will be plenty of caves and things to get lost in. I also don't doubt that we'll see other explorers out and about due to the torches we see in various places that might be beacons meant to tell other travelers where to find the nearest camp.

Red and Blue

Boss fights with Totems? If we are going by types for each Plate I'd pick:
1. Normal: Snorlax
2. Fire: Infernape
3. Grass: Torterra
4. Water: Empoleon
5. Electric: Luxray
6. Psychic: Bronzong
7. Fighting: Lucario
8. Bug: Kricketune
9. Rock: Ramprados
10. Steel: Bastiodon
11. Ground:Hippowdon
12. Fairy: Togekiss
13. Poison: Skuntank
14. Flying: Staraptor
15. Dark: Weavile
16. Ice: Abomasnow
17. Ghost: Gengar
18. Dragon: Garchomp

Ultra Beast Lover

Well, if the leak is legit, we might be getting overworld bosses. I wonder if the protagonist will be wearing a different outfit before the quest, I hope so, I also hope we can change into that outfit. I'm also hoping they'll show the protagonist being expressive, they didn't exactly have a chance to show their expressiveness before so maybe they'll get a chance here.

Autobot N

Well, if the leak is legit, we might be getting overworld bosses. I wonder if the protagonist will be wearing a different outfit before the quest, I hope so, I also hope we can change into that outfit. I'm also hoping they'll show the protagonist being expressive, they didn't exactly have a chance to show their expressiveness before so maybe they'll get a chance here.
What leak?