• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Wait, so we ARE able to attack pokemon ourselves??? YES!!!!!
You mean the sack they threw?

First, seems it doesn't do much damage, might either be used to break it out of its Noble form or some other mechanic in a battle. Because only after a bit was a Pokemon sent out to attack it.

Either way, seems like a lot more to do then with Totem Pokemon battles.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Why in the hell do we have an Android phone in Feudal Japan? lol
qn3FJMM.jpg

You mean the sack they threw?

First, seems it doesn't do much damage, might either be used to break it out of its Noble form or some other mechanic in a battle. Because only after a bit was a Pokemon sent out to attack it.

Either way, seems like a lot more to do then with Totem Pokemon battles.

Well, it's one heck of a start.

Also, nothing seems to imply we black out after all our pokemon faints, only when we faint, so there must be some sort of way we can defend ourselves when a giant Ursaring is trying to chop our heads off.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
qn3FJMM.jpg

Well, it's one heck of a start.

Also, nothing seems to imply we black out after all our pokemon faints, only when we faint, so there must be some sort of way we can defend ourselves when a giant Ursaring is trying to chop our heads off.
Didn't know that...

So the Arc Phone is your BOTW Map pretty much.

Aparantly the design is lore based:

Its distinctive appearance might lead you to suspect it has some connection to the Mythical Pokémon Arceus. This device appears to contain some sort of strange power, and it seems it will help guide you on your journey.

Are we using a Plate??

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
qn3FJMM.jpg
One could ask the same thing about Link having a smart tablet in BotW when Hyrule doesn’t have electricity providing light and heat or even indoor plumbing. There is plumbing but it all connected to fountains and outdoor structures. It’s a game. Not everything needs to have a rational explanation as to why they are in the games.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
So to get this right, humans engage in some battle with pokemon before luring it into a situation with your pokemon team? Looks pretty intense.

Looking at it more, there is a point where Kleavor gets dizzy and soon after they use their Pokemon. One thing I noticed is a large boulder that seems out of place to the rest of the background.

My theory is we throw the sachets (containing probably something to get them out of the noble state) and get their attention by doing so and use the environment in some way to weaken it (which for Kleavor seems to have it lunge towards a boulder it can't naturally cut and it hurts itself). In which then we are able to send out our Pokemon to defeat it.

Possibly could just use Pokemon upfront but may be a harder battle and may cost you some faints.

Ultra Beast Lover

Mars' ancestor is mentioned as taking care of a lady Pokemon.

The Pokemon being seen in the pasture will be nice, it hasn't been done since Gen 2. Oh and it sounds like the player makes vocalizations

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think the sack being thrown is to serve as a distraction while we get the Pokémon we want to use for the battle to come out without the PC getting hurt. A sack being thrown over anyone will make them focus on getting out first before thinking about who had placed it over them in the first place.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
****, Gamefreak knows what they are doing...

So each Warden as a bracelet on their right arms. Each seem to showcase what its the warden of.

Mai's has a Stantler head on hers so we can unlock the ride Pokemon
Clay's ancestor has Kleavor on his
Iscan has Basculegion on his so we can unlock it as a ride Pokemon
Mar's ancestor's bracelet is covered up.

Also trainer battles confirmed, seems Wardens also serve as pseudo gym leaders.

6fniv11o09q71.png

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Mars' ancestor is mentioned as taking care of a lady Pokemon.

The Pokemon being seen in the pasture will be nice, it hasn't been done since Gen 2. Oh and it sounds like the player makes vocalizations

Yeah, I heard! The protagonists have those Link sound effects. lol

I really hope Gen 9 is just like this. This is what Pokémon should be from now on.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Yeah, I heard! The protagonists have those Link sound effects. lol

I really hope Gen 9 is just like this. This is what Pokémon should be from now on.

Only thing is...they could keep most of these mechanics to the Legends: games. While the mainline gen games could be modified versions of SWSH

EDIT: Update

Looking at the Warden designs its confirmed regular Stantler is in the game, since Mai has one on her outfit.
Mar's Ancestor states she is the Warden of a certain Lady Pokemon.

Also some more possible ancestors?

mssyn3ci59q71.jpg

ff6gf68i59q71.jpg

EDIT: UPDATE

Berserk Pokemon are actually called Alphas and have no relation to the beam of light we saw crashing down (that's most likely for Noble Pokemon)

h785nptsy8q71.png

EDIT: UPDATE

More Noble Pokemon info:

During the story, Noble Pokémon get frenzied by various things. As part of the Survey Corps, you have to calm them down. However, these aren't simply calmed by a Pokémon battle but rather they require you to hit them with Balm made from their favourite food in addition to weakening them in a battle

When defeated in a battle, they're temporarily dazed allowing you to throw more balm at them

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm thinking that there might be a Bug/Rock type Hisuian Scyther with Kleavor as a regional evolution.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Do you guys think it's a bit interesting that we haven't seen Decidueye, Samurott or Typholosion in any of these trailers yet?

Do you think it means anything?
Honestly no and no.

Legends Arceus so far has been showing new Pokemon and new mechanics.

While there could be "Noble/Hisuian" Forms for our starters. I don't think thats the case and the only reason why we haven't seen them, is because we have seen them already.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Do you guys think it's a bit interesting that we haven't seen Decidueye, Samurott or Typholosion in any of these trailers yet?

I don't think it does. The first trailer outright says that the starters were imported from other regions so I don't expect regional evolutions, plus it would be unfair to the other Gen 2, 5, and 7 starters.

Red and Blue

I don't think it does. The first trailer outright says that the starters were imported from other regions so I don't expect regional evolutions, plus it would be unfair to the other Gen 2, 5, and 7 starters.
Or they could just start to give regional variants to past starters in future games

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Do Clay have some ancrestality in Hisui?
story_lian.png

No, people have come to Hisui. Lian has probably travelled her from Unova.

I do believe that the rock climbing Pokemon is still different from Kleavor. The main factor to this is the head shape and "leaf" coming of of it. Both too smooth to be Kleavor who is jagged and has a short spike on its head.

Can you sent a link? I haven't seen it myself. :)

Wait, so we ARE able to attack pokemon ourselves??? YES!!!!!

This sounds so wrong.. Like.. animal cruelty.. >.> #firstmovieflashbacks

qn3FJMM.jpg

I'd personally rather have Android than iOs.

Not quite, but I'm still holding out hope.

While this is true, there's still plenty of 'legends' to be found in other regions and they could mix up the other starters in those regions.

Also, Charizard has two Mega Evolutions.. Charizard had a major role in the SwSh-games as Leon's ace, whereas in both GenVI and VIII, the Bulbasaur and Squirtle-line were seen as afterthoughts. Blaziken had a Mega Evolution through the entirety of GenVI, while Sceptile and Swampert only received theirs in ORAS. It's not as if GF really cares all that much about treating the starters equally - and they often don't.

I mean just look at Chesnaught's presence in the marketing.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Since when they care about being fair to other Pokemon? Charizard and Baliziken having 2 ME and Kalos Pokemon get ZERO love