• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Well, theoretically that could mean a Husian Jynx variant with an evolution, maybe something that's more obviously based on a mountain hag. (Like others I'd really like a Jynx variant, just to give GF the chance to redeem that Pokemon)
But I'm not sure how realistic that idea is.
I’d like to see a Hisuian Jynx evolution that is based on a Geisha with a kimono. I came up with a name for such a Pokémon and called it Glaisha (Glacier+Geisha) and pronounced similarly to Geisha but with an L. The kimono was similar to what Froslass has except it was an actual kimono design and the bow in the back was much larger.

Orphalesion

I’d like to see a Hisuian Jynx evolution that is based on a Geisha with a kimono. I came up with a name for such a Pokémon and called it Glaisha (Glacier+Geisha) and pronounced similarly to Geisha but with an L. The kimono was similar to what Froslass has except it was an actual kimono design and the bow in the back was much larger.

I could see that, would be a nice play on Jynx's concept too.
The original form is based on the Ganguru style, which was a rejection of traditional Japanese beauty standards, and the Hisuian form could be based on Maiko and Geisha, which are the embodiment of traditional Japanese beauty standards.
Would be nice if the evolution had a frost fan she could use for her new signature attack.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I could see that, would be a nice play on Jynx's concept too.
The original form is based on the Ganguru style, which was a rejection of traditional Japanese beauty standards, and the Hisuian form could be based on Maiko and Geisha, which are the embodiment of traditional Japanese beauty standards.
Would be nice if the evolution had a frost fan she could use for her new signature attack.
Funny you should mention a fan because my design has a hand fan that is waved at extreme speeds that it can literally create a blizzard with ease.

Totodi1e

The silent boy of mystery!
That's a really good development of the original design! Now I really wish a Hisuian Smoochum and Hisuian Jynx representing the Maiko stage, with a potential evolution associate to Geisha.

NeedsAName

I don't know why but I feel a regional variant of Jynx would lose the Ice-typing and become something else, maybe Rock/Grass-type or something else mostly out of left field?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So I had a theory guys, what if the lady pokemon that girl is assigned to is the climbing pokemon that leaked?? We all assumed that it had some sort of leaf but what if it's a ponytail lol.
I was think that too but it might not even be a feminine looking Pokémon but rather a Hisuian form of Gallade that resembles a samurai without a helmet. Samurai did keep their hair tied into a ponytail when not wearing their armor.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I was think that too but it might not even be a feminine looking Pokémon but rather a Hisuian form of Gallade that resembles a samurai without a helmet. Samurai did keep their hair tied into a ponytail when not wearing their armor.
Although it has a similar shape, keep in mind we have seen the entirety of the Gardevoir/Gallade line already in the game.

This climbing Pokemon is something completely different.

NeedsAName

Although it has a similar shape, keep in mind we have seen the entirety of the Gardevoir/Gallade line already in the game.

This climbing Pokemon is something completely different.
Still thinking alternate Nuzleaf Evo which would be a Rock-type climbing tengu, but I could easily be wrong. I mean, who saw the axe thing being a Scyther evo?

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Still thinking alternate Nuzleaf Evo which would be a Rock-type climbing tengu, but I could easily be wrong. I mean, who saw the axe thing being a Scyther evo?
Is the axe thing Scizor’s predecessor? So Scizor was only discovered after 1870? Or is it a split evolution?

NeedsAName

Is the axe thing Scizor’s predecessor? So Scizor was only discovered after 1870? Or is it a split evolution?
It appears right now to be a split evolution and regular Scyther will likely be evolved into it via a new item (maybe call it a Sharp Shard?), but it could be a regional evolution for a Hisuian Scyther. I like the theory that Kleavor used to be more common and even obtainable in the wild in several regions but got incredibly outcompeted by the new Scizors that could metal from the environment instead of weaker stones.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I feel the same to an extent. I would have liked a few more villages as well.
There’s only one town? You serious? I hope that’s not totally true…

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
There's definitely going to be more settlements around just not full blown towns/cities. I feel it would be weird if a version of Veilstone doesn't exist given all the lore about it
If there were another village we would have seen it on the map, like in all previous regions’ maps

treatyofversigh

There are other buildings/structures on the official map, so they might represent villages or something, too (ex: there’s a spot in the top left snowy area that looks like some sort of village). It’s unlikely that there will be no other villages whatsoever. It’s possible, yeah, but in an open world game like this, it would seem really weird/kind of empty if they didn’t include more village areas.

I do think there’s villages (or something like them) around the places the little red/white tag things are in on the official map. There’s one above Jublife, the snowy structures, at the base of a mountain by a river (that looks like a fishing village or something… or I guess it could just be rocks), another by the base of the mountain to the right, and two more to the far right (though I don’t see anything there like villages). I could see there being one village per region of the continent, if they’re dividing it up like those tags.

I could be wrong, though. I’d be bummed if there really is only one village.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
There are other buildings/structures on the official map, so they might represent villages or something, too (ex: there’s a spot in the top left snowy area that looks like some sort of village). It’s unlikely that there will be no other villages whatsoever. It’s possible, yeah, but in an open world game like this, it would seem really weird/kind of empty if they didn’t include more village areas.

I do think there’s villages (or something like them) around the places the little red/white tag things are in on the official map. There’s one above Jublife, the snowy structures, at the base of a mountain by a river (that looks like a fishing village or something… or I guess it could just be rocks), another by the base of the mountain to the right, and two more to the far right (though I don’t see anything there like villages). I could see there being one village per region of the continent, if they’re dividing it up like those tags.

I could be wrong, though. I’d be bummed if there really is only one village.
If theres only one village then it will be underwhleming. Theres so much u can do with one giant wilderness

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Well, its possible some form of Celestic Town must exist.

As for the map, it is true we see tents belonging to the two tribes, but we have also seen that with Iscan, it is just a tent. At most we'll find clusters of them in a spot or something similar to the stables in BotW.