• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Wait guys, someone brought up a good point, it could be a mistranslation.

For all we know it could just me they're regular ghost types.

But them matching Mai's hair clip and her being Normal typed themed says otherwise to me.

lolipiece

Staff member
Wait guys, someone brought up a good point, it could be a mistranslation.

For all we know it could just me they're regular ghost types.

But them matching Mai's hair clip and her being Normal typed themed says otherwise to me.
It's not a mistranslation.

Ultra Beast Lover

Just as I thought, the older Pokemon was just protecting its kid. Also, I was right months ago, those folk tales really were describing Zoroark

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
well that was highly expected. Even got to see Hisuan Zoroark. Pity we’ll likely never know why they vanished in the modern day lmao.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
If these forms are added to competative with the Illusion ability they are quite broken, 2 resistances and 3 Immunities only 1 weakness.

Illusion it against any fighting, ghost or normal type and it makes quite fun.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

Ultra Beast Lover

Normal/Ghost is very good, actually. No damage from Normal, Fighting, and Ghost, half damage from Poison and Bug, and they're weak to Dark. As long as the stat spread is good and they have good moves, it should be similar to having a normal Zoroark.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

lolipiece

Staff member
Odd we're doing Kitsune again when the (mythical) tanuki continues to be ignored.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Odd we're doing Kitsune again when the (mythical) tanuki continues to be ignored.
We've only gotten literal depictions and not mythical.

Sentret-Has traits of the Tanuki and Raccoons but is also mixed with ferret, meerkat and flying squirrel design cues and behaviors.

Zigzagoon-Is more close to resemble a Raccoon or a real Raccoon Dog/Tanuki but also loses this look to look closer to that of a Badger/Mongoose, design. Even the Galarian form loses the Raccoon look to appear closer to European Badgers and even take on a Gnoll appearance.

I too would love a straight up Raccoon/Tanuki pokemon that either wholly looks like an North American Raccoon or actually uses the mysticism of Tanuki depicitons in folklore. Leaves included.