• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

DanZamVA

This type of game has me extremely worried. They didn't exactly handle the Wild Area very well, and that suffered from frame drops and terrible pop in. I don't really know if they are going to be able to make this type of game work, and we already saw some of the frame drops on the Pokemon in the trailer. I get that it's still a year away, but that's still kind of telling and concerning too me. With no league or prominent Pokemon trainers, that makes me also concerned for longevity.

What's there going to be to do, how many Pokemon are going to be in it, it's completing the Sinnoh dex, so does that mean we they are putting strictly Sinnoh Pokemon in only minus the starters that were moved from other regions. What are they going to put in the world? Is it going to be that empty? Are they going to properly optimize things, so we don't have terrible pop in? Are we going to see maybe like a handful of Pokemon spawning and then everything else feels empty? This game has potential, but oof I do not trust the Pokemon Company to be able to make this work well.

The game is still a year out, and we don't know exactly what build this is, but if this is what's most recent, a year isn't that long to get a lot of stuff done. I'll remain cautiously optimistic, cause I do like this idea for a Pokemon game. Just going to need more information before I get too excited, because right now there's potential, but I just don't know if they are going to be able to stick the landing at the end. I so hope that I am wrong though.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm curious of what the plot of the game would be. It doesn't have to be a new variation of the classic pokémon formula, but I'm REALLY hoping there's more to this than just catching pokémon and making sinnoh's first pokédex

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I REALLY hope this is what Pokémon looks like here on, personally. It doesn’t have to be open world in terms of story progression, but no more three feet long linear routes! I do wonder if this means no Gen 9 in 2022 tho...
That would mean Gen 8 is a 4 year gen which I'll gladly take.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Since the idea of trainers and the league hasn't been established yet, I am curious how "Gyms/Trials" would come into play. What sort of challenges would be available. It can't be just be all about exploration and battles.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm curious of what the plot of the game would be. It doesn't have to be a new variation of the classic pokémon formula, but I'm REALLY hoping there's more to this than just catching pokémon and making sinnoh's first pokédex

Well I highly doubt Arceus is just going to be chilling up on Spear Pillar waiting for us to go catch it. There's probably going to be more of a plot surrounding it.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Well I highly doubt Arceus is just going to be chilling up on Spear Pillar waiting for us to go catch it. There's probably going to be more of a plot surrounding it.
Maybe the plot in Legends: Arceus might explain why Spear Pillar is in ruins?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Huh, so this was a leak from before the game's announcement? Interesting.

This type of game has me extremely worried. They didn't exactly handle the Wild Area very well, and that suffered from frame drops and terrible pop in. I don't really know if they are going to be able to make this type of game work, and we already saw some of the frame drops on the Pokemon in the trailer. I get that it's still a year away, but that's still kind of telling and concerning too me

Honestly, if the game play's solid, none of that junk will matter to me. And personally, I think this looked miles better than the Wild Area and Sword and Shield in general.

With no league or prominent Pokemon trainers, that makes me also concerned for longevity.

I'm willing to bet they have something worthwile to replace that stuff. We'll see, but it would be rather pointless to make this game if they didn't.

Seems pretty likely to me that this will be a story-based game, rather than a journey-based game like usual. There's definitely going to be a grand story revolving around Arceus, why else would you name the game after it?

Cradily17

I must say. I was expecting DP remakes, but not this. I'm actually quite interested and look forward to learning more about this game. Also, I think this is the first mainline entry to not be split into multiple versions without counting third versions. Still anticipating New Pokemon Snap of course, but I'm a bit nervous for the possibility that my favorite mon might not make it in.
I do wonder if this means no Gen 9 in 2022 tho...
I honestly think that would be for the best. The more time GameFreak has to develop the games, the better.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Maybe it's just me but the wild area, crown tundra, and isle of armor all looked decent enough for me. The only downside those had for me was there was no trainer battles anywhere so it got a bit boring but that will most likely be fixed down the line if the whole game goes that direction.

What I'm really excited about for this game is that we really don't have any clue what to expect and that's exciting. Like it can go in so many different directions :).

yefluke

Dizzy Trainer
I was in Hokkaido every winter for Snowboarding since I was a kid (now 30+)

The region is sooo empty and fewer population since the settlement was only populate in meji period. (with the help of Foreigner, esp. American)
So, I have no doubt if Oshawott featured in the game, since this region have a lot of American influence.

I think, the game will only have a few settlement and then we will explorer the empty area like Botw.
if we lucky we might encounter the ingenious people counterpart features in the game.

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So I guess everytime we have 6 Pokemon we will need to go back to the Village to leave them somewhere as there should be no PC. Maybe finally something akin of Oaks laboratory.

MrJechgo

I'd like to know the reason behind Cyndaquil's inclusion... when 1) there isn't a single Sinnoh starter and 2) Chimchar or Tepig would have worked well with the ancient oriental setting, given their design.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Again, SM, LGPE, and Town are not big games, and definitely not on the same level as SwSh and LA. There is a major difference in the resouces needed to make handheld/mobile games with linear routes and large scale console games with open worlds.
Wrong, they are big projects lmao. And it is a fact that they are big games. Imagine saying that SM which is main game not being as big as SH/SW. That doesn't matter if they are linear or not. Point is that they are big. And GF has done several of them in 3 years and yet they can't two in same period.They can. IDK how they have done that with 140+ employes but at least here one half could work on Legends and another half on Gen 9.
No way Game Freak is handing Gen 9 to another team. New generations are too integral to the series, they're going to want those all to themselves.
I am talking about another team in GF.....lol. Main team (A) works on Legends. Other team(B) on Gen 9.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So do you think the New Mythical will appear in BDSP or in Legend?

Ultra Beast Lover

What I really like about this is that it feels like a true journey. You can get lost, there's no path that tells you the true way. I hope that, at first, we have to do everything ourselves like climb rocks, swim, walk back and forth between different places etc., then you fight bosses who offer to lend their power to help you traverse Sinnoh. The bosses could then take up a special space in our inventory where we can select them.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'd like to know the reason behind Cyndaquil's inclusion... when 1) there isn't a single Sinnoh starter and 2) Chimchar or Tepig would have worked well with the ancient oriental setting, given their design.
There isn't a Sinnoh starter because the whole point of the adventure is to create the region's first Pokedex. Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup are yet to be distinguished as starter Pokemon.

On a different note, I am genuinely curious if Pokemon CAN actually hurt the player.

Last edited:

Muffin Man

There isn't a Sinnoh starter because the whole point of the adventure is to create the region's first Pokedex. Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup are yet to be distinguished as starter Pokemon.

On a different note, I am genuinely curious if Pokemon CAN actually hurt the player.

And for a non-story reason, they no doubt wanted to have a different set of starters from the D/P remakes that will immediately precede this. They obviously want these to games to have synergy together, releasing them back to back and setting Legends in Sinnoh and making the protagonists look so much like the D/P protagonists.

As for Tepig, he's from the same gen as Oshawott. And Oshawott evolves into a freakin' samurai. No way were they gonna not include the samurai pokemon in a game set in ancient Japan.

Manbis

Would have been a nice opportunity to have different starters than the usual fire / grass / water in an ancient setting. I just wonder how the game will handle certain pokemon. Like any Ghost pokemon are linked to modern items etc.