• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
They usually don't open up about their fall releases until May/June either. Aside from an initial trailer, we don't really learn the first details until about that time of year. Expect nothing on either game in March and April.

Even remakes?? Not like they can spoil it lol.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Even remakes?? Not like they can spoil it lol.

Them being remakes actually makes it even less likely, because they're old games they have less news to cover. We already know what the game is going to be like more or less, we mainly just need to know what's changed. Really if it weren't for the 25th anniversary and these games weren't related to the next major project we probably wouldn't even know about them right now, much less have details on them.

Autobot N

Them being remakes actually makes it even less likely, because they're old games they have less news to cover. We already know what the game is going to be like more or less, we mainly just need to know what's changed. Really if it weren't for the 25th anniversary and these games weren't related to the next major project we probably wouldn't even know about them right now, much less have details on them.
If I remember correctly, ORAS weren't announced until May or June (and USUM wasn't announced until June), so yeah, these got announced way ahead of schedule.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m thinking that Legends will be the main way to get Arceus as part of the main story this time around. Sure there may be an event to get an Arceus that is Shiny or knows a move it normally can’t learn but it definitely is getting the Deoxys and Keldeo treatment.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
If I remember correctly, ORAS weren't announced until May or June (and USUM wasn't announced until June), so yeah, these got announced way ahead of schedule.

The only reason they even revealed Legends: Arceus this early was probably because they were worried about backlash from the chibified art style for BDSP. I don't expect much news until Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are out in stores.

ShadowForce720

The only reason they even revealed Legends: Arceus this early was probably because they were worried about backlash from the chibified art style for BDSP. I don't expect much news until Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are out in stores.
In all honesty I do think we’re going to be getting more information on Legends Arceus before BDSP comes out, because otherwise they would be cramming a whole lot of information into just about 1 or 2 months.

KahunaLagoonaEX

I'm going to remain very cautious on this one. I personally see it as an experiment, and I'm not really fond of them doing that sort of thing tbh...
May I ask something tho? Why are we assuming this game will be open-world like Breath of the Wild and be "everything SwSh should have been"? Because I remember thinking SwSh would be "open world" and it wasn't. Why are we assuming this won't be full of invisible walls??

Because people see a Free-Roaming Pokemon game, they immediately assume that because it was on the same system as Breath of the Wild and that people have been asking for a "Pokemon of the Wild" since they first saw the Switch that this game will be that Open-World Pokemon that they had been demanding since 2017.

Anyone else feeling a February 25th release date for this game? If it's early 2022, that would be the best time for them to release it.

If Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX and New Pokemon Snap are any indication - I'm going to place my bets on March like the other spin-offs.

So if this a single player RPG, will this most likely mean they won't be compatible with Home or is there still a possibility?

I'm sure there will be HOME Compatibilty - One-Way and likely to transfer Arceus and possibly Manaphy to BDSP, but yeah there will likely be HOME compatibility.

This type of game has me extremely worried. They didn't exactly handle the Wild Area very well, and that suffered from frame drops and terrible pop in. I don't really know if they are going to be able to make this type of game work, and we already saw some of the frame drops on the Pokemon in the trailer. I get that it's still a year away, but that's still kind of telling and concerning too me. With no league or prominent Pokemon trainers, that makes me also concerned for longevity.

What's there going to be to do, how many Pokemon are going to be in it, it's completing the Sinnoh dex, so does that mean we they are putting strictly Sinnoh Pokemon in only minus the starters that were moved from other regions. What are they going to put in the world? Is it going to be that empty? Are they going to properly optimize things, so we don't have terrible pop in? Are we going to see maybe like a handful of Pokemon spawning and then everything else feels empty? This game has potential, but oof I do not trust the Pokemon Company to be able to make this work well.

The game is still a year out, and we don't know exactly what build this is, but if this is what's most recent, a year isn't that long to get a lot of stuff done. I'll remain cautiously optimistic, cause I do like this idea for a Pokemon game. Just going to need more information before I get too excited, because right now there's potential, but I just don't know if they are going to be able to stick the landing at the end. I so hope that I am wrong though.

I share your opinions on this game, but less optimistic, given the low framerate on the Mons and this weird feeling that this was made exclusively as a demand due to the backlash on Sword/Shield.

As far as what to do - well we did learn that this was going to be filling the Pokedex, I'm going to take an assumption that the Pokemon themselves will be boss monsters in certain scenarios and those boss monsters we have to capture are the keys that we'll need to approach and get to Arceus, who, either is the final boss or we have to rescue from Giratina which would serve as the final boss before Arceus banishes it to the Distortion World.

Or, given the use of a possible early Galactic symbol, that we catch the Pokemon only to learn our professor was Cyrus' ancestor and that we have to battle him to release Arceus and everything.

For the people who are excited for this game, I have a question:
They said there are no battles, gyms, league etc and that our goal is to catch Pokemon and build Pokedex.
So I view at this game like all we do is roam one big wild area and look for Pokemon.
I dont understand whats so fun about that?
Im not asking in bad intention, Im really asking to understand, Maybe I am missing something or misunderstood anything about the games?
Ty=]

More Cautious than Excited, but I do want to throw my two cents in.

I mean, my reply above to DanZamVA kinda showcases what I believe what we'll be doing in the game, but more or less I just like exploration.
It's why I like playing Assassin's Creed, Skyrim, BotW, GTA5, RDR2, etc.

I'm keeping my expectations really low, given I was not overly impressed with the trailer, I do believe that what we saw is likely what we're going to get, but if it turns out to be interesting, I'll likely pick it up.

I wonder if it will be possible to transfer Pokémon from this game to Sword, Shield, BrilliantDiamond and ShiningPearl via Pokémon HOME.....

I replied above on a similar thing, but I'm going to assume that this might be the way to send Arceus and perhaps Manaphy to the rest of the Gen 8 games, or at least BDSP.

My point still stands, if any other company showed that pre alpha footage in a trailer for a game set to release in one year, they would have been the laughing stock of the entire community. It's only Pokemon where everyone somehow lowers their standard so much that some even begin to tell others to be grateful.

Gonna agree with this - Although I'm pretty sure that given Pokemon's tendency to not really fix their games from first showing (at least not by much) - "Game Footage Not Final" be condemned - this is exactly the reason why I'm rather skeptical on this game.

Especially given the usual reaction of "OH This is what 'Sword and Shield/Pokemon on the Switch' SHOULD'VE BEEN!!!"

I said the same thing myself in the BDSP Discussion thread - typically GameFreak announces Remakes and the like in Late May/Early June - but no, I guess it being Pokemon's 25th was the main reason they chose to announce the Sinnoh Remakes early.

On that note, it was also the case for Let's Go - that was also announced at the end of May - it's only this year that the mold was broken, guess they let Rampardos out...

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Something that I highly doubt would happen but would love to see is if the title screen has Arceus in the same effect as the Creation Trio does in DPPt. The blue/pink/red energy flowing through their bodies looks cool

Red and Blue

Without a PC wonder where the extra Pokemon we catch outside of our party going to go? Will our home village have some sort of habitat for them?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Without a PC wonder where the extra Pokemon we catch outside of our party going to go? Will our home village have some sort of habitat for them?
Possible scenario: We can probably carry up to 30 Pokemon in our bag. But only use 6 designated Pokemon in battles. Our primary storage is at home.

But we already have technology for a Pokeball. So most likely there's already a prototype of a digital storage.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Possible scenario: We can probably carry up to 30 Pokemon in our bag. But only use 6 designated Pokemon in battles. Our primary storage is at home.

But we already have technology for a Pokeball. So most likely there's already a prototype of a digital storage.
My guess is that if you have more than 6, a Flying type Pokemon such as Staraptor shows up and takes the extra Pokemon back home.

Totodi1e

The silent boy of mystery!
That's the most reasonable way to do that. Maybe we start with 15 slots for Pokémon in bag, besides your team, and later gaining more space for Pokémon.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Since Bill created the modern storage system, we could just get a ancestor of Bebe using a steam powered one. But I don't know if that would be breaking canon since Bill did invent the storage system itself. So if a similar thing did exist prior it would undermine Bill.

My ideas for it would just be a Pokemon Daycare-esque facility where you can also access the pokemon you have caught, maybe you see them walking around in the back time to time.

Or to keep up with the qol updates in Swsh, you'll have something called the Capture Case where you just happen to store caught pokemon/pokeballs in a steam-powered box or pack you carry as a key item.