• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
It makes me curious if there will be breeding here since eggs were recently discovered by Elm (It's Mr. Pokemon technically).

Of course, logic dictates that breeding has been around since forever, but Pokemon logic.

Ultra Beast Lover

Maybe eggs are a well kept secret that only a few people know about in the past and Elm accidentally revealed it to the world.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Maybe eggs are a well kept secret that only a few people know about in the past and Elm accidentally revealed it to the world.
It would be interested if it just a meji period au of main universe?

Orphalesion

It makes me curious if there will be breeding here since eggs were recently discovered by Elm (It's Mr. Pokemon technically).

Of course, logic dictates that breeding has been around since forever, but Pokemon logic.
Remember SuMo introduced the Pokemon Multiverse.
So Legend of Arceus might very well take place in a timeline where Pokemon eggs have been known about since forever.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Remember SuMo introduced the Pokemon Multiverse.
So Legend of Arceus might very well take place in a timeline where Pokemon eggs have been known about since forever.
Oh right. Good point. I completely forgot about the multiverse. I guess they introduced that so anything in Pokemon can happen.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I wonder if we'll set up the first Gyms and E4, been dying to know the lore behind that.
Maybe it’ll be like Gen VII where there is something equivalent to Gyms but a League has yet to be created and the player character helps set up and become the first Champion and also have Challenger battles post game story.

Ultra Beast Lover

They said its before gyms and battles
Yeah, we're talking about the start of the gym system. Of course, if there are overworld bosses we have to face that challenge the player to test them, we could see kids get inspired by the tales of said encounters. Could also be that the player does something so big that the people of Sinnoh began the gym challenge as a way to honor the player's journey and for one reason or another, whether it's due to other regions picking up on the tradition or similar events happening in the other regions, it eventually spread. That's of course assuming gyms began here.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Yeah, we're talking about the start of the gym system. Of course, if there are overworld bosses we have to face that challenge the player to test them, we could see kids get inspired by the tales of said encounters. Could also be that the player does something so big that the people of Sinnoh began the gym challenge as a way to honor the player's journey and for one reason or another, whether it's due to other regions picking up on the tradition or similar events happening in the other regions, it eventually spread. That's of course assuming gyms began here.
That could be nice

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that the Pokemon League Challenge was invented in Galar, so I'm expecting that plot to be saved for a Legends game set in that region.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I'm thinking, due to the timeline and the game revolving around Arceus, that the main quest of the game is to locate the plates.

Each plate being either protected from a boss pokemon or some sort of sage who is close to said pokemon of said type of plate, battling him in a pseudo-trainer pokemon battle. Or both.

At the end, the sages or special npcs that you meet and befriend become the first leaders of Sinnoh.

Kind of like the Champions from BotW actually, now that I think of it.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I'm thinking, due to the timeline and the game revolving around Arceus, that the main quest of the game is to locate the plates.

Each plate being either protected from a boss pokemon or some sort of sage who is close to said pokemon of said type of plate, battling him in a pseudo-trainer pokemon battle. Or both.

At the end, the sages or special npcs that you meet and befriend become the first leaders of Sinnoh.

That sounds like a really good basic plot to go with, it'll also allow you to get creative with teams or potentially use more than six Pokemon because you'll be facing a boss of every type.

Ultra Beast Lover

I hope we get to do Pokemon quests. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 had blade quests, this helped to make the blades feel like a part of the team and not like living props. For Pokemon it can let us feel like we're actually bonding with these odd creatures, learning about them on a deeper level, and it'll keep them from feeling like simple bundles of data which Gamefreak has been trying to do.

Each Pokemon will have 1-3 depending on their evolutions, once the quest starts the specific member of the species of Pokemon you have chosen can not evolve until the quest ends. Each quest is a little different with some wanting fetch quests that reveal something about the Pokemon, others wanting to fight certain Pokemon, and in the starters' cases their quests will explore why they became starters. The only reason I doubt this'll be the case is due to the fact that this would give us close to 151 quests, not counting other possible quests. Might be too much.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Splendid idea

Ultra Beast Lover

There is something else I want to see. The Sinnoh Folk Tales speak of a Pokemon that lives in the forest and sheds their hide to sleep as a human while taking their Pokemon hide to roam the villages. This could reference Zorua/Zoroark and it could suggest that they came from Sinnoh or it could be an ancient Pokemon.