• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
It makes me curious if there will be breeding here since eggs were recently discovered by Elm (It's Mr. Pokemon technically).

Of course, logic dictates that breeding has been around since forever, but Pokemon logic.

I think this is a canon worth retconning.

Clearly someone saw an egg before Professor Elm did, especially considering the amount of Baby Pokémon that exist in Sinnoh.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I find that Elm is just a leading expert on the study.

Pokemon obviously have been laying eggs since their creation and people most likely have seen this.

Elm just documented it, specifically the why's behind baby pokemon I'd say.

Hopefully Legends contains some bomb a** lore that helps explain the way things are in the Pokémon world.

Ultra Beast Lover

Guess I'll have to change my banner. One thing I always wanted from Colosseum is the ability to actually walk through the dessert. Sure, we're not walking through a dessert but we do have a wide open field to walk through and we do have the snowy area around what will be Snowpoint which, I dunno, could be considered a dessert as it doesn't get any rain.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
I wonder if Gyms will function like territorial leaders throughout the Sinnoh region in this time period? Not like kings or warlords, more like a representative of the town that compete with other representatives in friendly combat. My brain is forgetting the word for this. Imagine that Byron's great x3 grandfather or something is the first Town Leader and to access the "specialty" of the town you need to beat him in a Pokémon battle.

I also would speculate that this game is going to be delayed in some form. Unsure if I wanna believe it at this time, but I'd say if we don't see anything further on it before the end of summer we'll probably have a delay.

BCVM22

I also would speculate that this game is going to be delayed in some form. Unsure if I wanna believe it at this time, but I'd say if we don't see anything further on it before the end of summer we'll probably have a delay.

There is no reason to think or speculate this. No basis for it.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I could see a delay potentially happening, this is a very ambitious project and could end up being too much for Game Freak to release by early 2022 and they end up pushing it to Fall 2022. It's not absolutely certain to happen by any means nor would the lack of info at this time have anything to do with it (really, how often do we actually get any Pokemon news in March or April), but it's definitely a realistic possibility.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
They outsourced BDSP for a reason.

Surely Legends was already being developed even before SWSH was released, and they are most likely aware that they cannot release it in time for Fall 2021.

Never underestimate the workload required to make a AAA open world game, some open world games have taken 5 years or more. Outsourcing BDSP certainly helps, but even with them outsourcing their smaller projects, releasing the game only 2 1/2 years after SwSh might be a tad optimistic. And I'm not convinced that development started before SwSh released, Game Freak isn't large enough to adequately handle two projects of that magnitude at once, most likely development on LA didn't start until after they were finished with SwSh.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Never underestimate the workload required to make a AAA open world game, some open world games have taken 5 years or more. Outsourcing BDSP certainly helps, but even with them outsourcing their smaller projects, releasing the game only 2 1/2 years after SwSh might be a tad optimistic. And I'm not convinced that development started before SwSh released, Game Freak isn't large enough to adequately handle two projects of that magnitude at once, most likely development on LA didn't start until after they were finished with SwSh.

Well, Pokemon has never been delayed. So I guess that's just me saying that GameFreak will be GameFreak: sticking to the deadline and releasing an unpolished game.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I wouldn't be surprised if they released the unpolished version than comes up with DLC.

Maybe a bit like what Level 5 did with the Yokai Gakuen game: release the game going until certain point than releasing DLC with the rest of the content.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well, Pokemon has never been delayed. So I guess that's just me saying that GameFreak will be GameFreak: sticking to the deadline and releasing an unpolished game.
Wrong, DP was delayed about a year.

And while Game Freak may not have issues with releasing an unpolished game, Nintendo certainly does. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Nintendo has something to do with why we're getting LA in the first place. They cannot have been happy with how things went down with SwSh, they like games that sell, but they also like to protect their brands' reputation and don't want any kind of controversies. They're probably keeping a much closer eye on Game Freak right now to make sure that LA ends up being a high quality Pokemon game with as few issues and controversies as possible.

Autobot N

It certainly could be delayed. But at this point, there's no evidence in support of that, so it's best to assume that we'll get it on time unless Game Freak and Nintendo say otherwise

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Just because there's nothing new to discuss about this game doesn't mean we have to invent scenarios whole cloth where it ends up delayed. Not doing that is also an option.

I'm just responding to the general idea that the game could be delayed. I agree that the current lack of information has nothing to do with a potential delay and we shouldn't panic about it just yet, I'm just saying it could happen. We'll just have to wait and see and hope everything goes well, and if a delay happens, it happens. A delay might actually be a good thing in that it would be a sign that Game Freak is taking the game seriously and making sure that they take the time they need to get it right.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
There is something else I want to see. The Sinnoh Folk Tales speak of a Pokemon that lives in the forest and sheds their hide to sleep as a human while taking their Pokemon hide to roam the villages. This could reference Zorua/Zoroark and it could suggest that they came from Sinnoh or it could be an ancient Pokemon.
Zoroark is one of my very favourite pokemon of all time, so I'd love this idea. There never seemed to be a HUGE amount linking it concretely to Unova despite it being a sort of cornerstone of Gen V in terms of the new pokes introduced in that Gen. Your point only furthers the fact that Sinnoh is the perfect region to try the Legends concept with, due to being so rich in lore. Building on this, I don't expect dynamax to feature, but isn't there lore in Sinnoh speaking of giants and red clouds over Mt. Coronet? It could perhaps feature at least in terms of the story i.e. giant Arceus. I'm just riffing now!

Ultra Beast Lover

Zoroark is one of my very favourite pokemon of all time, so I'd love this idea. There never seemed to be a HUGE amount linking it concretely to Unova despite it being a sort of cornerstone of Gen V in terms of the new pokes introduced in that Gen. Your point only furthers the fact that Sinnoh is the perfect region to try the Legends concept with, due to being so rich in lore. Building on this, I don't expect dynamax to feature, but isn't there lore in Sinnoh speaking of giants and red clouds over Mt. Coronet? It could perhaps feature at least in terms of the story i.e. giant Arceus. I'm just riffing now!
Yes, the power of giants is said to infuse the plates. Not sure on the red clouds though.

Red and Blue

Any ideas for teams yet? From the Pokemon shown in the teaser I've already decided on Infernape and Gallade in addition to Samurott. Trying to decide on my other three