• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Any ideas for teams yet? From the Pokemon shown in the teaser I've already decided on Infernape and Gallade in addition to Samurott. Trying to decide on my other three
I plan on doing at least three playthroughs, one for each starter. No solid plans for other team members yet, I have a rough outline of Decidueye/Empoleon/Luxray, Typhlosion/Torterra/Lucario and Samurott/Infernape/Staraptor, though these could change as more becomes known about the Pokedex.

Something I've pondering recently is hoe PCs and Pokemon storage will be handled in the ancient past setting. PCs are an inherently futuristic technology, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of old world equivalent, if any, the game comes up with.

Ultra Beast Lover

My team will be Samurott, Infernape, Torterra, Empoleon, Lucario, and I'm not sure on the last one, I still need a good Psychic counter. Other than that I've got every other type good and covered. I just need the right moves for the right job.

Of course I'll be trying to get the starters to their stage two evolutions as soon as I get them

Red and Blue

I plan on doing at least three playthroughs, one for each starter. No solid plans for other team members yet, I have a rough outline of Decidueye/Empoleon, Typhlosion/Torterra and Samurott/Infernape, while Lucario, Luxray and Staraptor will be in there somewhere too.

Something I've pondering recently is hoe PCs and Pokemon storage will be handled in the ancient past setting. PCs are an inherently futuristic technology, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of old world equivalent, if any, the game comes up with.
In regards to where our extra Pokemon would go I think a Daycare system in our home village would be pretty ideal.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
If Torchic ends up being avaliable, I'll use Blaziken, Decidueye and Empoleon. Might add Dragonite and a regional bird (Staraptor?) as well. It'll all depend on who is going to make it in this post-Dexit era.

Ultra Beast Lover

I do have to wonder how the pokeballs will even be sent back to whatever storage we may have. It could be that we store the extra Pokemon in a pouch then, when we go back to the storage area, we deposit the pouch contents into it. As for where we store them maybe the Professor has a special area where they roam around and you can, hopefully, interact with them.

What I'm wondering about is the Pokemon Center and Pokemart. I'd assume that some people do know how to take care of Pokemon who get injured but there aren't a lot of trainers for it. The Pokemart also might, over time, sell items for your adventures but since there aren't a lot of trainers that wouldn't be very profitable unless it's a favor. And, according to the leak, the player might be able to get hurt so maybe the Pokemart and Center will cater to the player and the player has to be the one to heal their Pokemon?

Red and Blue

I do have to wonder how the pokeballs will even be sent back to whatever storage we may have. It could be that we store the extra Pokemon in a pouch then, when we go back to the storage area, we deposit the pouch contents into it. As for where we store them maybe the Professor has a special area where they roam around and you can, hopefully, interact with them.

What I'm wondering about is the Pokemon Center and Pokemart. I'd assume that some people do know how to take care of Pokemon who get injured but there aren't a lot of trainers for it. The Pokemart also might, over time, sell items for your adventures but since there aren't a lot of trainers that wouldn't be very profitable unless it's a favor. And, according to the leak, the player might be able to get hurt so maybe the Pokemart and Center will cater to the player and the player has to be the one to heal their Pokemon?
The player might get hurt? That could be an interesting direction. Wonder how though if the Pokemon are still the ones doing the fighting

Totodi1e

The silent boy of mystery!
Any ideas for teams yet? From the Pokemon shown in the teaser I've already decided on Infernape and Gallade in addition to Samurott. Trying to decide on my other three
I'm going with Pokémon I never used before or not used recently: Roserade, Ambipom, Gastrodon, Rapidash, Bronzong and Togekiss.

I want to use completely different teams in BDSP and Legends. It may change once we know the full roster of Pokemon available in Legends, but right now I'm thinking of using Decidueye, Gallade, Empoleon, Staraptor, Roserade, and a sixth member chosen from the Pokemon we don't yet know.

Orphalesion

No idea on teams yet. The only thing I know is that I'm gonna discard the starter ASAP, since those three aren't really my favourites.
(Yes Rowlet is too cute for words, but I don't like Decidueye)

ShadowForce720

No idea on teams yet. The only thing I know is that I'm gonna discard the starter ASAP, since those three aren't really my favourites.
(Yes Rowlet is too cute for words, but I don't like Decidueye)
What if they wind up having alternative final evolutions or their final evolutions wind up having regional/different forms. Do you think at that might actually reconsider and keep one depending on if you like it or not?

Orphalesion

What if they wind up having alternative final evolutions or their final evolutions wind up having regional/different forms. Do you think at that might actually reconsider and keep one depending on if you like it or not?

Well it would depend on what the evolutions are like, but in general...yes, if they get something like a regional form that's different in design and possibly type I'd probably keep one of them.

Ultra Beast Lover

Sinnoh has enough good Pokemon that one could create multiple teams. It could be a good idea since we don't know how healing will work in the game. Also, if there are overworld bosses, maybe you'll want to create a team dedicated to fighting said boss.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

I'm going to have to see how far the battling goes before I decide on a full team. If there aren't many trainers battles, I'll honestly just stick with one pokemon the whole time.

Ultra Beast Lover

I wonder how we earn money in this game. In the other games I know there's either no money, you fight trainers, the game gives you money after completing a mission, you sell items, are rewarded by NPCs, or you find it on the ground. Perhaps you have to grow your own ingredients for things like Pokeballs, medicine, etc.,

Mew29240

I wonder how we earn money in this game. In the other games I know there's either no money, you fight trainers, the game gives you money after completing a mission, you sell items, are rewarded by NPCs, or you find it on the ground. Perhaps you have to grow your own ingredients for things like Pokeballs, medicine, etc.,
I can see them being big on foraging when it comes to items and then selling them for money.

They can also incorporate the Poke Jobs from SwSh as a way to get money and EXP for Pokemon, too.

Red and Blue

In regards to Poke Balls and Medicine there should be some shops for things such as that in our village(or other villages).

Though I'm also curious about what the healing process for our Pokemon will be like without a healing machine

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

That is a very good question!

Hopefully we get more details this June.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
In regards to Poke Balls and Medicine there should be some shops for things such as that in our village(or other villages).

Though I'm also curious about what the healing process for our Pokemon will be like without a healing machine

There's always been beds for healing throughout the series. They could just have an inn instead of a healing machine.