• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Akashin

This is a minor nitpick of mine, but I don't like that they made what is presumably meant to be Mt. Tengan (Coronet) resemble Mt. Fuji on the box cover given that Mt. Shirogane (Silver) was already based on Mt. Fuji, which made a lot of sense given Mt. Shirogane's geographical location in the Pokemon world with relation to Mt. Fuji's real world location.

There's also the fact that Mt. Tengan is technically supposed to be a chain of mountains, while the box cover for this game depicts it as a single mountain.

There's a part in the reveal trailer where we see the female MC walking toward the camera with Mt. Coronet's peak in the background, and to the right of that we can see the mountain range dipping down and then rising again, so it's probably just that the new artwork doesn't provide as panoramic a view of the mountain as it looks.

And as far as its appearance is concerned, artstyle aside, it seems relatively consistent with how they've always depicted Mt. Coronet.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
January release is very nice. Was expecting a 3-4 month gap, hopefully this game fixes the Fire type issue the main DP games have where there's basically nothing if you pass on Chimchar. Cause I'm gonna pick Oshawott unless Piplup can be found

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
January release is very nice. Was expecting a 3-4 month gap, hopefully this game fixes the Fire type issue the main DP games have where there's basically nothing if you pass on Chimchar. Cause I'm gonna pick Oshawott unless Piplup can be found
We did see Piplup in the reveal trailer so there is that to consider.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Could you imagine if Torchic is available and you just wind up being basically a bird keeper with a full team of 6 birds? lol XD
It's gonna be those 3 plus a Dragonite (if avaliable) so I can joke about having 3 birdies who aren't flying type and the non-birdie critter who is :)

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
With that image the Pokemon that sticks out to me is Rhyhorn. More specifically because its a pokemon with a trade evolution. I don't think trading machines will be in it (unless their are some time travel shenanigans) so either there is no trade evolutions, they'll have some ancient form of trading (which to be fair could be interesting), they will take the pokemon Go approach and allow you to evolve trade evolutions without trading or they will replace Pokemon like Rhyperior with an ancient variant/branched evolution.
In most Pokemon games I avoid using any Pokemon that require trades to evolve, because I don't know anyone else with a DS or 3DS. It's why one of my favourite things about the Wild Area and the Sword and Shield Expansion Pass is having trade evolutions like Gengar and Machamp available to catch in the wild. So a new mechanic that allows you to get trade evolutions without trading or some kind of new evolution or variant for them would be much appreciated, but I'll be surprised if this game actually does it.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
This game is still listed as a single player game. BDSP is also listed as such but it has multiplayer listed (2-4 players). Makes me wonder if we can even trade.

For reference:

Legends: 1人
BDSP: 1人(対戦・交換など:2人~4人)

DannyDiglett

A very small and unimportant detail but why did they change the colours of the Pokémon logo for Legends: Arceus? Sorry, as a graphic designer I'm just obsessed with logos.

PokeAmi

A very small and unimportant detail but why did they change the colours of the Pokémon logo for Legends: Arceus? Sorry, as a graphic designer I'm just obsessed with logos.
Some speculate it's because the developers want to show fans that they are dedicated to the "try something new"/changing up the main games core gameplay. I'll guess one way to do that is to change the colors of the well-known logo from the blue and yellow.

I think probably GF will reveal the reasons in a interview sometime about this.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
They usually have a Pokémon Presents before/around E3 and then showcase gameplay in a Treehouse Live during E3. We should be getting info very soon.

Just a bit of correction. Pokemon Presents only began last year. We had those presentations because E3 was cancelled last year due to the pandemic. We only had 3 of those so far: June 16 & June 24, 2020, then most recently last Feb 27, 2021.

In 2019, we had a Pokemon Direct on June 5th which, interestingly, showcased more information for SWSH than what they showed in E3 later that month. We had a 20-minute Treehouse gameplay though.

In 2018, a Pokemon 2018 Video Game Press Conference was held on May 30th where they announced Pokemon Let's GO and Pokemon Quest. E3 2018 showcased the first major info drop and gameplay for LGPE.

In 2017, we had a Pokemon Direct on June 5th, where they announced Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, Pokken Tournament DX, and Pokemon Gold/Silver on Virtual Console. However, E3 2017 did not contain any USUM news. Instead it focused on Pokken, but they did confirm that a new main series game was coming to Nintendo Switch.

In 2016, there weren't any major presentations before E3. After Sun/Moon was announced Feb 27, we only got bits of trailers and info from CoroCoro. We did get major news for SM in E3 though.

We recently got the release dates and boxart for BDSP and Legends. And I kinda expected that to come with a trailer, but we didn't get anything. I would love to have a separate presentation for these game and leave the E3 one to focus on other games, considering that Nintendo have A LOT of franchise anniversaries this year -- Metroid 35th, Donkey Kong 40th, Animal Crossing 20th, Legend of Zelda 35th, Pokemon 25th. Then there's also the strong likelihood of a Switch Pro being announced.

But regardless, new info would be appreciated soon.

When is it?
E3 2021 is going to be held from June 12-15, 2021. If we're getting anything, it should be between now and E3.

ShadowForce720

This game is still listed as a single player game. BDSP is also listed as such but it has multiplayer listed (2-4 players). Makes me wonder if we can even trade.

For reference:

Legends: 1人
BDSP: 1人(対戦・交換など:2人~4人)
Well if we can’t trade in Pokémon Legends Arceus, it brings up the question how will we get the other 2 Legend starters or the trade evolutions unless they expect us to transfer them in, or in the case of trade evolutions they just retcon then evolution method.

Although I suppose they could do a thing where some trade evolutions like Rhyperior just wind up being transfer only, but the Pokémon like Rhydon for example could get a alternative evolution in exchange.

Sort of like how in Pokémon Sun and Moon the only way to originally get the Kantonian variants of Raichu, Exeggutor, and Marowak were to either transfer them in or get some one to trade you those Pokémon.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
There's no such thing as a credible leaker. Contradiction in terms.
You'd be surprised. Over in the Transformers fandom we have a few "credible leakers" who go on the fan forums and write lengthy posts saying "Ok so in a few months we'll be getting this, this, this, this and these" with nothing in the way of proof outside of "Take my word for it bro", then a few months later they're proven almost 100% right. Of course it always has to come with the "take it with a grain of salt" notice, but our leakers have been on the money so many times that they've earned the right to be called credible, and it always feels like Christmas morning whenever they come back and post something.

Last edited:

Autobot N

You'd be surprised. Over in the Transformers fandom we have a few "credible leakers" who go on the fan forums and write lengthy posts saying "Ok so in a few months we'll be getting this, this, this, this and these" with nothing in the way of proof outside of "Take my word for it bro", then a few months later they're proven almost 100% right. Of course it always has to come with the "take it with a grain of salt" notice, but our leakers have been on the money so many times that they've earned the right to be called credible, and it always feels like Christmas morning whenever they come back and post something.
I can confirm this, I'm also on the particular board where a few very credible leakers operate. They've been almost 100% on the money, and when they've been wrong (which isn't often) they always own up to it and apologize for giving people information that turned out to be false.

That said, they're a rare sort, and pretty much all leakers should be treated with heavy suspicion.

Red and Blue

Well if we can’t trade in Pokémon Legends Arceus, it brings up the question how will we get the other 2 Legend starters or the trade evolutions unless they expect us to transfer them in, or in the case of trade evolutions they just retcon then evolution method.

Although I suppose they could do a thing where some trade evolutions like Rhyperior just wind up being transfer only, but the Pokémon like Rhydon for example could get a alternative evolution in exchange.

Sort of like how in Pokémon Sun and Moon the only way to originally get the Kantonian variants of Raichu, Exeggutor, and Marowak were to either transfer them in or get some one to trade you those Pokémon.
In regards to the other two starters maybe you can obtain them at some point in the game. For example if you choose Rowlet maybe NPCs can give you Cyndaquil and Oshawott during your journey

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Some speculate it's because the developers want to show fans that they are dedicated to the "try something new"/changing up the main games core gameplay. I'll guess one way to do that is to change the colors of the well-known logo from the blue and yellow.

I think probably GF will reveal the reasons in a interview sometime about this.
If they really wanted to "try something new", they'd toss that ugly thing and make a new logo. Sadly, I doubt it'll ever happen.

PokeAmi

In regards to the other two starters maybe you can obtain them at some point in the game. For example if you choose Rowlet maybe NPCs can give you Cyndaquil and Oshawott during your journey
I hope this will be the case.
l'm not sure if we get a rival this time or if the two other starters would be given to other explorers like the playable characters. But it would be nice to get the other starters as well somehow.

I suppose they will probably be added to the pokedex we're making too, so we will need they're dex entry.

Last edited: